Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:13 pm

I am an SPG Lifetime Gold (since 2017) but also showing Marriott Lifetime Sliver Elite since my accounts merged. . I have been diligently chekcing my account every day but with no change in status. Frustrating...
hsmall likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by illico
I am an SPG Lifetime Gold (since 2017) but also showing Marriott Lifetime Sliver Elite since my accounts merged. . I have been diligently chekcing my account every day but with no change in status. Frustrating...
There is still a lot of work to be done, so a delay is not surprising to me. What's your annual status showing after combining your accounts? If it's higher than your LT status, that's what benefits should kick in. If not, and you have stays that should have received additional points, track your transactions and make sure they adjust your account accordingly, but I understand transactions aren't posting (just totals updated) so that may take more time.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by illico
Same here although I have NOT merged accounts. I have been an SPG LT Gold for many years, but my SPG account now reflects LT Silver with 339 nights and 10 years as Gold/Plat. Up to now, I haven’t been paying much attention and just wanted to let the dust settle, plus I currently hold Plat status, which is correctly displaying across both platforms (linked profiles, but not merged). Are there still corrections to come or is it time to act?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I am 2 nights away from achieving LT Gold under old SPG Rules. I'm terrified to merge accounts... and am hoping that by October (when I have 3 nights planned that will also renew Platinum) this will be all sorted through, but my patience and optimism are waning.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Same. Was SPG lifetime gold from around 2015, but now lifetime silver?? Still waiting for this to be corrected. Even though I am platinum this year, for my stay yesterday at the 4P Padova my key envelope\pocket had ‘Silver Elite’ on it. Maaaaaan. Still was given a suite upgrade though, which was really nice of them.

The Padova Four Points was a nice stay overall, not nearly the disaster it has been made out to be elsewhere in these forums. Clean, friendly, renovated & affordable.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
How much longer is this All going to take to get fixed? I made lifetime Gold under SPG a couple years ago. Now Marriott/SPG app shows me as lifetime Silver... also, I was at 350 night last just last week in the combined system, now somehow I’m at 335 nights... tired of this ... hurry up and get your act together Marriott! You’ve been planning this integration for over 3 years now. Sad !
hsmall likes this.

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 9, 2018 at 1:51 pm Reason: edited out masked profanity
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
How much longer is this All going to take to get fixed? I made lifetime Gold under SPG a couple years ago. Now Marriott/SPG app shows me as lifetime Silver... also, I was at 350 night last just last week in the combined system, now somehow I’m at 335 nights... tired of this ... hurry up and get your act together Marriott! You’ve been planning this integration for over 3 years now. Sad !
There is a known issue that YTD nights were counted twice in the LT total. My LT nights dropped by 50+ nights a couple of days ago but they had been increased by that amount on Aug 18 so I'm where I should be.

Hopefully you have a screenshot of your LT nights before the merger in case things don't self-correct.
RogerD408 likes this.

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 9, 2018 at 1:52 pm Reason: edited quote
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
My lifetime nights are finally correct. I have not merged accounts and will not do so until next year. I'm 20 nights away from qualifying for lifetime platinum and plan to do this by the end of the year. The systems have been so confused/inaccurate/lame that I don't want to add anything new to the mix. The way things have been going I predict it is going to be a challenge/fight to have my lifetime platinum status granted under the old rules... Legacy SPG hotel stays are going to my "SPG" account and any Marriott stays will continue to go to the separate Marriott Rewards account so the night counts will be clear.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Is there any way for me to go back to see the legacy SPG Promos lifetime status? I really thought I was already at 7 years platinum earlier this year and have since qualified for another year (right around the cutover -- 25 stays about a day before and 50 nights a little later in August). So.... I was expecting to see 8 years now, but I am seeing 6 years in the Marriott lifetime status site.

I tried emailing SPG/MR support and asked for they years -- they told me that 2012 was my first year of Platinum (and have been ever since). I asked them to confirm my stays/nights for 2011, which they said they couldn't go back that far. I am trying to see if I qualified during 2011 (which would put my current count at 8 years since 2011-2018 inclusive is 8 years), or whether I qualified in 2012 in which case I am at 7 years (and maybe MR is just not updated for this most recent year yet).
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
You can try asking for your master statement. (I am not sure if they are still doing so post rewards merger.) The email was/is?
[email protected]

They can only go back to 2003 in terms of data.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
SPG Lifetime Gold but now Marriott Lifetime Silver??

I see in the forums that this has happened to many other people. Before the Aug. 18 consolidation Marriott assured as all not to worry, that lifetime gold would carry over. It has been nearly a month now and still no change. Emails to Marriott rewards support are not being answered. What is the best way to quickly get this corrected?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by vanabb
I see in the forums that this has happened to many other people. Before the Aug. 18 consolidation Marriott assured as all not to worry, that lifetime gold would carry over. It has been nearly a month now and still no change. Emails to Marriott rewards support are not being answered. What is the best way to quickly get this corrected?
Quickly may not be an option. They still have a lot of work to fix the mess they have on their hands. What is your annual status now? If Gold or greater then you're not missing any benefits. I think waiting until they have more things under control is the wise step. Keep track of what transactions you have and when you do get their attention request they retro post any missing points.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Confused about hitting LTP through legacy SPG method

Going for lifetime platinum --

I've got 471 lifetime Starwood nights and 20 lifetime Marriott nights. I'm 10 years platinum. Will I need to get 29 nights in any Marriott or Starwood this year or will I need 9 nights in Starwood or Marriott? Or if 29 must those all be Starwood?

There are blog posts implying even for legacy 500 night counts Marriott stays this year will count.

So confused!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
You need 500 nights in legacy program or 600 nights in the combined program (plus 10 years of Plat status)..
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
But will that delta to hit 500 this year include Marriott stays this year? Information is conflicting online

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.