Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:01 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
BonViveur's method is quick, but gives you only total LT nights. I recommend my method above to give you the most LT data, such as total years in each LT category and the qualifications for levels.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BonViveur
May I ask what leads you to believe that? I hope you're right, but the extra LT extra nights I have in the account since 18Aug in no way make up for the current YTD nights lost. I hope they correct it all as I've finessed my account to achieve LTPP and Ambassador for next year. Extra LT nights mean nothing in the new program once you've passed 750, but YTD nights can offer a level above that, and that is what's causing my angst.
one of the lurkers has confirmed in another thread that the ytd lost nights is a known issue & they are working on it....there are lots of people (myself included) who have reported lost nights since mid-end july....also, i have had 3 stays since the 17th of august that have not posted as well....
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:33 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Keyser
one of the lurkers has confirmed in another thread that the ytd lost nights is a known issue & they are working on it....there are lots of people (myself included) who have reported lost nights since mid-end july....also, i have had 3 stays since the 17th of august that have not posted as well....
I agree with that, but it doesn't mean that nothing will be subtracted. My LT nights went up by 7% and I know my spend, this year is way overstated.I'll be happy if it doesn't go down, but I don't believe it, yet!.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BonViveur
I agree with that, but it doesn't mean that nothing will be subtracted. My LT nights went up by 7% and I know my spend, this year is way overstated.I'll be happy if it doesn't go down, but I don't believe it, yet!.
there is a good chance the extra lifetime nights & extra spend will be subtracted....as it should be....

the lifetime nights you had at both programs before the 18th of august is the correct amount & this combined amount is what should reflect in your account once marriott sorts out this mess....
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
BonViveur's method is quick, but gives you only total LT nights. I recommend my method above to give you the most LT data, such as total years in each LT category and the qualifications for levels.
BTW this may not be accurate...my Gold/Plat nights are 13, but Silver/Gold/Plat are 19. Now I know I had one MR Silver year a decade ago...this would suggest they soft-landed me the next five years in a row to the same status level not impossible I guess but how likely is it really?

And as I noted elsewhere, 3 of my 4 Marriott Gold or better years weren't earned (they were either via UA or the SPG linking)...that could change too.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
My former SPG LT Gold (250 < Actual < 400 nights) turned into Marriott Silver and now Marriott Gold. So that bit is fixed.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:47 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
BTW this may not be accurate...my Gold/Plat nights are 13, but Silver/Gold/Plat are 19. Now I know I had one MR Silver year a decade ago...this would suggest they soft-landed me the next five years in a row to the same status level not impossible I guess but how likely is it really?

And as I noted elsewhere, 3 of my 4 Marriott Gold or better years weren't earned (they were either via UA or the SPG linking)...that could change too.
Marriott's web data re stays may well be overstated currently. I wasn't concerned in my case since I had 14 years of earned Plat just on the SPG side. I suspect that the current "years" part of the data may include soft landings, promotions, and the match from linking accounts offered just after the Starwood/Marriott corporate merger.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:59 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Marriott's web data re stays may well be overstated currently. I wasn't concerned in my case since I had 14 years of earned Plat just on the SPG side. I suspect that the current "years" part of the data may include soft landings, promotions, and the match from linking accounts offered just after the Starwood/Marriott corporate merger.
Yeah, I got a bump in elite years from the combination. I was able to get comp'd PLT on the MR side a bunch of years ago by contacting their UK desk, which resulted in elite years that I wouldn't have ordinarily qualified otherwise (because I hate Marriott). As for the nights, I don't think it will ever be fixed. I don't mind. They have already taken away so much as a result of this merger including the elite night credit on up to three rooms. I'll consider it a wash.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Have exactly the same situation, so yours is not an unique instance. Am quite disappointed as we both did legitimately qualify and it seems quite unfair not to receive the recognition that was legitimately earned.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I am confused (it doesn't take much...). I have 275 lifetime nights (SPG amd Marriott combined but >250 of the 275 are SPG nights, concluding on 24/ August at the Four Points in Pleasanton, CA) and 13 years as SPG Gold or above. That should give me Lifetime Gold in the SPG programme and I thought I had until the end of this year to achieve that.

But when I combine my programmes Marriott tells me that I am only lifetime silver. But according to this site I should be lifetime Gold (for what that is worth compared tot he old SPG LTG ), as I read it.

have I misread something somewhere? I'd just like confirmation of something that seems fairly simple to me before I ring marriott...

Thanks a lot.

Harry

Originally Posted by what marriott say
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 275

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 13

Years as Gold or Platinum: 13

Years as Platinum: 3

Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hsmall
I am confused (it doesn't take much...). I have 275 lifetime nights (SPG amd Marriott combined but >250 of the 275 are SPG nights, concluding on 24/ August at the Four Points in Pleasanton, CA) and 13 years as SPG Gold or above. That should give me Lifetime Gold in the SPG programme and I thought I had until the end of this year to achieve that.

But when I combine my programmes Marriott tells me that I am only lifetime silver. But according to this site I should be lifetime Gold (for what that is worth compared tot he old SPG LTG ), as I read it.

have I misread something somewhere? I'd just like confirmation of something that seems fairly simple to me before I ring marriott...

Thanks a lot.

Harry

Did your SPG account show as LTG before you did the combination. If you made SPG LTG after the combination, it may take the system a while to catch up or maybe not until January when they sweep the accounts. I haven't seen any posts by people that qualified under legacy rules after the merge, let alone combining. Could be a hiccup on the list of things to fix. Some nasty FTer (oh wait that was me!) was spreading a rumor that you needed to keep your accounts separate to earn legacy status. Nothing has been confirmed about that yet. What is your annual status showing now? If you don't need the LTG status now, hold off contacting MPG and see if they get it fixed on their own.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Thanks for the helpful response.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did your SPG account show as LTG before you did the combination. If you made SPG LTG after the combination, it may take the system a while to catch up or maybe not until January when they sweep the accounts. I haven't seen any posts by people that qualified under legacy rules after the merge, let alone combining. Could be a hiccup on the list of things to fix. Some nasty FTer (oh wait that was me!) was spreading a rumor that you needed to keep your accounts separate to earn legacy status. Nothing has been confirmed about that yet. What is your annual status showing now? If you don't need the LTG status now, hold off contacting MPG and see if they get it fixed on their own.
I did wait until after I had qualified for SPG lifetime Gold before I merged the accounts. I tried to check on the SPG dashboard before merging but after qyualification but the dashboard appears to have been disdables and redirects to the Marriott landing page. My combined account still says "You recently combined accounts and we are transferring all activity - this may take up to 72 hours." although ity is in fact longer than 72 hours. I am minded to wait until that no longer appears and it stops saying "pending" against "Combine My SPG & Rewards Accounts" under the profile tab.

I will report back in case this is a useful data point.

(My current annual status is Platinum as a result of a matching of Platinum from SPG when, last year I was annual platinum SPG.)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I am also still Lifetime Silver, even though I was lifetime Gold on the SPG side.

As a current SPG Platinum (now Platinum Premier), I wasn't that worried about it and wanted to give Marriott some time to fix all the kinks in their system. Incidentally after my stay ending today, I have also reached the 400 lifetime nights required under the new rules, so very soon this will no longer be an issue for me.
Markie and hsmall like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:12 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My Lifetime Gold SPG account originally showed Lifetime Silver. Once I merged with Marriott the combined nights/years took me to Lifetime Platinum which correctly showed after merger.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:39 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I evidently jinxed myself by reporting that things went relatively smooth for me after I combined 8/18 — it correctly showed my current status as PPE + A. and my Lifetime as PPE with over 800 nights and 11 years Platinum (will be LTPPE in 1/19)

I made the mistake today of clicking the check SPG activity and now I have no Lifetime Status- 0 years Elite- next up Lifetime Silver.

ARRRGGGGHH

Has this happened to anyone else this late?

Edited to add- Was just an App problem that rectified within 24 hours.

Last edited by damon88; Sep 7, 2018 at 1:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.