Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I am reading that marriott are not matching lifetime platinum. Im 20 short of reaching 500 nts 11 yrs is it worth doing a bed run to get LTP when marriott is stating there is no match. what happens when they merge will they still say no LTP?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:42 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
No one knows yet. There has been lots of speculation some of which is in this thread. Some speculations are probably less likely to really happen (e.g. Marriott will throw out both programs and their LT members and start with a new program) and some are probably a bit closer to what is more likely to happen (e.g. Marriott will add your stay/points history from both programs together and use their existing Marriott program LT requirements). I would also guess that any current LT members of either program will retain their LT status once the programs are fully merged.

But any insider who might actually have a real idea, would probably not be an insider any longer if they posted something publicly.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
+1

But does anybody has a rough idea of how many LT Plat and LT Gold are around?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
+1

lots & lots....
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by aussielori
I am reading that marriott are not matching lifetime platinum.
Where are you reading this?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
aussielori read that the status match while there are separate programs somehow definitely equates into no MR LT status when they become one
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
When I linked my lifetime plat spg account with Marriott.com there is no date as to when it will expire. Is that a sign?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tfong007
When I linked my lifetime plat spg account with Marriott.com there is no date as to when it will expire. Is that a sign?
No, should your SPG account go away, so will your MR account, once the programs are merged. Now should you earn status at MR before the merge is complete, then you should see a date.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CPRich
From what I've read, MR has not made a decision how they will deal with SPG LT status. It's not an issue until they dissolve the SPG program. And, until they merge the programs, there's no assurance the current MR LT rules will remain in place as we know it now.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Yep. For me, I'm just going to continue working towards lifetime SPG. Any extra nights (past the PLT qualification) go to Marriott, so I can hedge my bets.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
+1

There is a wiki of FTers here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l-call-19.html

Obviously self reported and a small number - but gives you a sense of % of Gold v Plat
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Thanks for the link TravelinSperry.....was truly fun to read...

I would believe they have thousand of thousand of Gold LT....which can be an issue as MR Gold LT is way higher qualifying level, and seem to attract way higher benefits, aka lounge access.

When it comes to Platinum LT...fun to read that in 2015, they spoke of less than 50. I would doubt that too...but seem to be fair we could guess of less than maybe a thousand people as of today. Big guess I admit! Would love to know how far I am with that guess. I spoke with few hotels GMs in Asia...one or two per week LT Plat seem to be a lot in popular hotels...

So it would make no sense for MR to make these very few people fly away...but now how can they match Plat...and maybe not Gold LT is a tricky one.

I'm taking the bet on trying to go for LT Plat before end of 2017....will be very very close...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thanks for the link TravelinSperry.....was truly fun to read...

I would believe they have thousand of thousand of Gold LT....which can be an issue as MR Gold LT is way higher qualifying level, and seem to attract way higher benefits, aka lounge access.

When it comes to Platinum LT...fun to read that in 2015, they spoke of less than 50. I would doubt that too...but seem to be fair we could guess of less than maybe a thousand people as of today. Big guess I admit! Would love to know how far I am with that guess. I spoke with few hotels GMs in Asia...one or two per week LT Plat seem to be a lot in popular hotels...

So it would make no sense for MR to make these very few people fly away...but now how can they match Plat...and maybe not Gold LT is a tricky one.

I'm taking the bet on trying to go for LT Plat before end of 2017....will be very very close...
I'd guess 10,000 Platinums in Starwood.

I spoke with some Asian hotels who claimed 6 Plats per day.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:17 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm a current LT Gold, and after requalifying next year I will have LT Platinum. To my surprise I received a personalized St. Regis bathrobe sent via Fedex 2nd day, along with some luggage tags, and a nice note. The note was welcoming me to the St. Regis Bahia Beach, which I stayed at last week, and the robe was sent to my house.

A very nice surprise. Based on the comments in this thread, it seems like I got it early, unless others received it without already having LT Platinum status?

In any case, thanks SPG!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I mentioned it in the Laguna Resort thread, but I received a certificate for a 60 min Balinese massage for two for being Lifetime Gold. I asked what the gift was for LT Plat and was told it's the same thing. ^ (I will hit LT Plat next year.)

I was there 3 yrs ago as a LT Gold and didn't receive any recognition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.