Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Kenji
come on... in europe we even don't have any spg/marriott cc cards
Also being based outside of the US, I couldn't agree more. However it will all narrow down to if marriott is having the ambition to become a true global company, if they have it should be reflected in the loyalty program as well. At least the tiers in the new program should be location neutral.... The cc product could be incetivised without involvement of the tier requirements..
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
I hit SPG LTP today. What can I expect? Shiny new card? Anything else?
Nope. That's about it. If you also have an ambassador you might find a LTP Cake or card or <random gift> to celebrate the milestone. If you don't have an ambassador then you will probably just get the card and life goes on.

I notice that my V number that front desks see and use has also not changed.

Where I was V4 as a PLT I am still V4 as an LTP.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posted in April 2016:

Originally Posted by margarita girl
10th year of Platinum reached on Apr 14 (over 500 nights). Still nothing showing on the dashboard (not even LT Gold). Can't wait for the balloons and streamers.
William just advised me that even though my counter says 10 years Elite, I have 1 year of Gold and 9 years of Plat. So no LT Plat for me this year.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else, as there is no way to know how many years you have of each, and frankly, I don't remember how I got my status 10 years ago.
OK William, just hit 25 stays/50 nights for this year. Hopefully I won't be denied this time! Bring on the balloons and the streamers.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:56 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Posted in April 2016:

OK William, just hit 25 stays/50 nights for this year. Hopefully I won't be denied this time! Bring on the balloons and the streamers.
Allow me to be the first to congratulate you. I'm not too far behind and will be expecting the same.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Posted in April 2016:

Way to go MG!!!

Let us know about the balloons, streamers and super-secret lounges!!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Posted in April 2016:

Congratulations!!! I had the same happen to me so I know how sweet it is to finally make it!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
congratulations....will be there myself later this year....
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks for all the congratulations. I am now at the St Regis Florence. The LT Platinum recognition was outstanding. I don't want to double post, but please check out the pictures in post #110 here. Way better than ballons and streamers.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Thanks for all the congratulations. I am now at the St Regis Florence. The LT Platinum recognition was outstanding. I don't want to double post, but please check out the pictures in post #110 here. Way better than ballons and streamers.
Great pictures! I certainly never got anything like that!! Well done St. R!!
Old May 1, 2017, 5:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Tracking Lifetime Platinum status

Is there an easy way to track years Platinum toward Lifetime Platinum?

I know I'm over the nights threshold (514 vs. 500). But getting a straight answer out of the call center as to why I'm not lifetime has been elusive. A couple of years ago, I was told I was at 9. (Which would put me at 10.)

But when I called this year, I was told that I'm at 5.

Was there a recent change?
Old May 1, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
It's possible they told you that you have been 9 years elite which would include Gold but only 5 years platinum. Check out the SPG dashboard which can provide you with all your details on lifetime status: https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard/
Old May 2, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Viking547
Check out the SPG dashboard which can provide you with all your details on lifetime status: https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard/
Does it now split out PLT years vs. Elite years? I know it didn't before - mine currently doesn't, but I've already qualified to maybe it's different. I recall in the past you needed to call.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Since my arrival at LT Gold my Liftetime indicator now indicates the number of nights and the number of "Platinum years" needed to get LT Plat. This number is different from 10 minus the number of Elite years (I was gold one year).

Last edited by ckendall; May 3, 2017 at 1:52 pm
Old May 3, 2017, 11:11 am

I should be able to hit 500 nights easily soon but am still three years short of LTP. Staying hopeful that, if the programs are combined, my progress to date won't be for naught.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Kenji
come on... in europe we even don't have any spg/marriott cc cards
I would prefer that cc's have nothing to do with LT status. Base it solely on stays, maybe adding points earned through stays (a proxy for spend).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.