Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Does anyone have any recent experience with how long it takes for an account to reflect LT Plat status? My qualifying stay credited last Friday and my SPG dashboard now shows 0 years / 0 nights to LT Plat.
I presume you're looking for the words "Lifetime Platinum" to show on your account, the accounts are updated during periodic sweeps. That fact that it is showing as zero needed says the system recognizes you've made it over the line, now it just needs to cycle through all the updates.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I presume you're looking for the words "Lifetime Platinum" to show on your account, the accounts are updated during periodic sweeps. That fact that it is showing as zero needed says the system recognizes you've made it over the line, now it just needs to cycle through all the updates.
Exactly. I was a bit surprised that it didn't occur over the weekend (since that seems to be when a lot of sweeps occur), but according to William's post, should be fairly soon. And also hoping that once its reflected in the account, it will give my upgrade chances a bit of a boost, too.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Exactly. I was a bit surprised that it didn't occur over the weekend (since that seems to be when a lot of sweeps occur), but according to William's post, should be fairly soon. And also hoping that once its reflected in the account, it will give my upgrade chances a bit of a boost, too.
There is a good chance the back-office systems are current with your new status and that is what is fed to the properties when you make a reservation. The web page is a mirror of these systems most times with a delay in the updates. This keeps hacks to the website from destroying the unlying data source.

Technically, LTP should not make any difference than any of the other Plat levels. One only hopes LTP could be used as a tiebreaker, if needed. And, as I understand it, SPG does send the properties a prioritized list of elites headed their way. If you have any open reservations, it might help if you called SPG and ask them to refresh the data so the property has the latest info.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:12 am

There is a good chance the back-office systems are current with your new status and that is what is fed to the properties when you make a reservation. The web page is a mirror of these systems most times with a delay in the updates. This keeps hacks to the website from destroying the unlying data source.

Technically, LTP should not make any difference than any of the other Plat levels. One only hopes LTP could be used as a tiebreaker, if needed. And, as I understand it, SPG does send the properties a prioritized list of elites headed their way. If you have any open reservations, it might help if you called SPG and ask them to refresh the data so the property has the latest info.
Thanks for the background! And yea, I'm with you on it being a tie-breaker (and don't even really know if it is one, but figure that every little bit helps).

And as I was writing this reply, just got the confirmatory email
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for the background! And yea, I'm with you on it being a tie-breaker (and don't even really know if it is one, but figure that every little bit helps).

And as I was writing this reply, just got the confirmatory email
Whether it is or not, what would be the reason for it to be a tie-breaker?

It could just as easily make no difference, help or hurt.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackE
Whether it is or not, what would be the reason for it to be a tie-breaker?

It could just as easily make no difference, help or hurt.
One would hope, presuming they even look to see if someone has LT status, that if two elites are checking in and only one upgrade room shows as being available, the LT would be their first choice. But could as easily be based upon previous stays/spend or time of reservation.

Yes, I know, upgrades are supposed to be based upon availability at time of check in, but we all know that many properties pre-block rooms the morning of arrival (or before). Somehow there needs to be a method to prioritize the list, be it status, alphabet, or random draw.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
One would hope, presuming they even look to see if someone has LT status, that if two elites are checking in and only one upgrade room shows as being available, the LT would be their first choice. But could as easily be based upon previous stays/spend or time of reservation.

Yes, I know, upgrades are supposed to be based upon availability at time of check in, but we all know that many properties pre-block rooms the morning of arrival (or before). Somehow there needs to be a method to prioritize the list, be it status, alphabet, or random draw.
Why should LT be the tie breaker?

If I'm the front office manager and I have a Lifetime Platinum with 10 years of Platinum and 525 nights vs. a Platinum (Lifetime Gold) with six years of Platinum and 725 nights, my one available upgrade is not going to the Lifetime Platinum.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by controller1

If I'm the front office manager and I have a Lifetime Platinum with 10 years of Platinum and 525 nights vs. a Platinum (Lifetime Gold) with six years of Platinum and 725 nights, my one available upgrade is not going to the Lifetime Platinum.
Everyone will have their own desire... Especially if they are lower on the list. Personal history with the property will probably get one more towards the top regardless of FFP status.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by controller1

Based on most of the reports I've seen on here, SPG sends a list prioritizing guests for upgrades, which hotels are then free to use or ignore. As a FOM, you're most likely looking at both that list as well as the track record at your individual hotel. I'm skeptical that there are enough people with the time to dig into actual stay histories to further pirotize the list, and SPG has indicated that they care about both total nights AND overall program tenure. And luckily, I have more nights that both of your hypothetical guests, so I guess I get the upgrade?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite
New LT Platinum Card

Made LT Platinum a few months ago, website updated and after a couple of weeks I received a new plastic card that had a LT Platinum side splash - cool

Then yesterday this large parcel arrived - new shiny METAL card with LT Platinum status, a nice package with a map of all my travels and stays - very impressive !
Attached Images  
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by rs231
Made LT Platinum a few months ago, website updated and after a couple of weeks I received a new plastic card that had a LT Platinum side splash - cool

Then yesterday this large parcel arrived - new shiny METAL card with LT Platinum status, a nice package with a map of all my travels and stays - very impressive !
I like the card. I want one. I just got LTG this year. Six more years until LTP :-( and I'm sure it won't exist like this by then.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG-LTP
Feeling accomplished to achieve my LTP recently. Now awaiting the LTP member kit to arrive.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ultrakenzo
Feeling accomplished to achieve my LTP recently. Now awaiting the LTP member kit to arrive.
I got LTP around the time of the acquisition, but I don't understand the enthusiasm for it. It's a dead end if Marriott reneges on transferring it to MR.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:19 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by JackE
I got LTP around the time of the acquisition, but I don't understand the enthusiasm for it. It's a dead end if Marriott reneges on transferring it to MR.
As far as I'm concerned if It doesn't transfer over to MR then I will proactively avoid Marriott properties. I'm sure many would do the same and Marriott knows this, reason why I believe it will transfer over.
Sagy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.