Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Perhaps it is more like a Nobel Prize in Peace... not worth much now. I hope not.

I would not spend the extra money to hit LTP unless you want it to be a nice spot in the vain hopes the property will give you something special (I got zip at the Sheraton Grand in Beijing despite telling the duty manager I was excited as I was hitting LTP. I didn't expect anything, I was just trily excited) versus a normally scheduled jaunt in a airport sheraton...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I'd wait and let it happen. There will not be any new perks for being LTP and it's the program will exist well past then. Now if it was with the MR program and rollover nights were in play, I'd say go for it and get to double dips quicker.
not looking for any new perks but i'm excited to receive the ltp package along with the card....this way i get it 3 weeks sooner....
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I think it would be anti-climactic to cross your 500th night at some cheap airport hotel.
what difference does it make????i'm not really expecting anything special during the 500th night....

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
But maybe poetic.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackE
It's a lifetime qualification in a dying program, not a Nobel Prize in Medicine.
hilarious....

Originally Posted by schley
That is funny!!!!

Why not invite all your friends and family for the celebration and coronation proceedings?
could do that....not sure how many would care to show up for something like this....as it is most of them think i'm crazy for traveling so much....

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Perhaps it is more like a Nobel Prize in Peace... not worth much now. I hope not.

I would not spend the extra money to hit LTP unless you want it to be a nice spot in the vain hopes the property will give you something special (I got zip at the Sheraton Grand in Beijing despite telling the duty manager I was excited as I was hitting LTP. I didn't expect anything, I was just trily excited) versus a normally scheduled jaunt in a airport sheraton...
its actually an airport four points....

but i see all your points....i think i'll just wait....there is a good chance i may have to travel next week so in that case i'll be spending my 500th night at the st. regis mumbai....
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Got my lifetime Plat card a couple weeks ago with the nice map of places I've been. I'll not travel with the card given its not really needed and don't want any more metal cards when I go through security but the map of where I've been was neat and happy that I made it before the programs merged so I can be confident that I'll have my lifetime going forward.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryan182
Got my lifetime Plat card a couple weeks ago with the nice map of places I've been. I'll not travel with the card given its not really needed and don't want any more metal cards when I go through security but the map of where I've been was neat and happy that I made it before the programs merged so I can be confident that I'll have my lifetime going forward.
how long did it take you to get the card after you hit the lifetime threshold????
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
how long did it take you to get the card after you hit the lifetime threshold????
My ambassador emailed be to verify my address about 2 days after, I received the package about 4 weeks after hitting the lifetime threshold.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryan182
My ambassador emailed be to verify my address about 2 days after, I received the package about 4 weeks after hitting the lifetime threshold.
sounds good....one night short of lifetime platinum now....looking forward to getting the card & map....
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Do you only get the metal card plus the map when you hit LTP or also when you hit LTG? I've made LTG a two weeks ago, but am currently a platinum.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by SunshineStay
Do you only get the metal card plus the map when you hit LTP or also when you hit LTG? I've made LTG a two weeks ago, but am currently a platinum.
You won't get anything with LTG. So the perk is only with LTP.

Me - 6 nights to go for LTP !
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:11 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Me - 6 nights to go for LTP !
What is taking you so long?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:57 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Per my calculations I should hit LTP in March during a stay at the St. Regis New York. For those of you who have already attained LTP, did you alert the hotel you were staying at or did they already know? Just curious.

Thanks in advance !
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by damon88
Per my calculations I should hit LTP in March during a stay at the St. Regis New York. For those of you who have already attained LTP, did you alert the hotel you were staying at or did they already know? Just curious.

Thanks in advance !
What are you expecting? Technically your status does not change until AFTER the stay posts so nothing should be different than an everyday stay. There are some that have gone out of their way to recognize an event, but from what I've read that's mostly properties the guest frequents often.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:07 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Over the years I have seen many reports of hotels doing something special to honor the occasion. Hotels often give us gifts when we are celebrating something special and to be honest-- LTP is more momentous to me than a birthday.

I certainly have worked harder at this than turning a year older.

I won't expect anything but it would be fun.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
What are you expecting? Technically your status does not change until AFTER the stay posts so nothing should be different than an everyday stay. There are some that have gone out of their way to recognize an event, but from what I've read that's mostly properties the guest frequents often.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Just make sure the properties know ahead. Made it to PLAT100 at the Reikart House in Buffalo...the way they treated us was just amazing! A new property, but one we won't forget anytime soon...wish we were passing by again. For LTP....few weeks ago, they simply even forget the basic Plat benefits. But later on, the GM made up seriously for it.

I do to believe it's a serious celebration and should be celebrated for any PLAT...after all, this only happen once!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.