Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:41 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
Tonight is the big night, making it to LTP...after 11 years and just before the deadline of the merge. I stay previous to this, three amazing nights at Le Meridien Mauritius. It may be a package hotel, but I don't remember having received such a welcome from the staff. They are simply amazing.

Yesterday moved to the Westin Mauritius. My Ambassador sent me an email to tell me a special Welcome was organized. Well, it was special....at check-in, they didn't even recognized my basic platinum status...never been asked if I wanted the points or breakfast...never been told about the lounge. I thought....well...they may want to wait to surprise me in the room. Nothing in the room! Just a one room category update. Seriously! GM is out for the week-end. So now the guess....did my new Ambassador did any follow-up? Or is it the property? Guess I will find out Monday.

The new LTP...look like I'm back to zero!

Wish I could have go back to Le Meridien, but they are fully booked. The Westin did make a move after I told them my frustrations. I simply choose the wrong hotel to celebrate. Well, I think for my next visit, it will be Le Meridien...it's all about the people! And yes, I think 500 nights it worth celebrating!
For me, the only property to actually acknowledge and celebrate this fact was the Sheraton YUL. Sad.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Well? Status update please? Estimated date of attaining LTP? And have you decided yet where the event will occur, perhaps a favorite Starwood or some special aspirational property?

Just to encourage you, today I received a surprise gift from Starwood: A very nice personalized Sheraton bathrobe, of the summer weight "waffle" fabric variety. There was also a lovely handwritten note, but with no name and no indication of the location that may have initiated the gift, so unfortunately I have no way to say "thank you." [I don't have an Ambassador.]
The only surprise gift I got was a refund of my SPG points after SPG Moments bungled another redemption (causing my brother and I to miss out on Game 5 of the ALCS). We are still fuming this morning.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: LTP Marriot, LTP American Airlines,Globalist Hyatt
Just joined the LTP CLub SPG

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Congrats.

How did you celebrate? Did you plan for your last night (either of 500 or to get the tenth year of earned Plat) to be spent someplace special?
Just joined the LTP, emailed the Sheraton Burlington to let them know I will be celebrating 500 nights with them, unfortunately no note,congrats oh well..could be the fact they are switching over to a Double Tree (Hilton) end of Nov. They mentioned that to me a few times.

Also stayed at the Equinox for 501 and 502 and no recognition of LTP...oh well

Im glad I joined the club before the merger
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Congrats! Welcome to the Lifetime club and to FT!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: LTP Marriot, LTP American Airlines,Globalist Hyatt
thank you!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:30 pm

Hi -

I will be working towards my LTP status in the net 6-12 months. My questions are:

1) Does the 5 nights each year with my Amex SPG card count towards the 500 night total needed?

2) Does the 5 night option (available after 50 nights stayed in a year) count towards the 500 night total?

Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:40 pm

Hi -

I dug a little deeper and I read that the the 5 bonus nights do not count towards lifetime status.

Can someone tell me why an individual would choose this option then?

Still can't find an answer to the Amex question asked above.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Orwaid
I dug a little deeper and I read that the the 5 bonus nights do not count towards lifetime status.

Can someone tell me why an individual would choose this option then?
to qualify for plat 50, 75 or 100....some people find themselves a few nights short & use this option to push themselves over the qualification limit....
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
will be at 499 nights when i check-out from my current stay tomorrow evening....will have to wait another 3 weeks for my next stay....or i can do a mattress run this friday at my local airport property for either 2k points or $75....

what would you guys do, wait 3 weeks or stay this weekend to complete the 500th night????
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'd wait. Marriott will not eliminate the LTP program before then
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'd wait. Marriott will not eliminate the LTP program before then
you never know....
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Keyser
will be at 499 nights when i check-out from my current stay tomorrow evening....will have to wait another 3 weeks for my next stay....or i can do a mattress run this friday at my local airport property for either 2k points or $75....

what would you guys do, wait 3 weeks or stay this weekend to complete the 500th night????
I'd wait and let it happen. There will not be any new perks for being LTP and it's the program will exist well past then. Now if it was with the MR program and rollover nights were in play, I'd say go for it and get to double dips quicker.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I think it would be anti-climactic to cross your 500th night at some cheap airport hotel.
LuisHK likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I think it would be anti-climactic to cross your 500th night at some cheap airport hotel.
But maybe poetic.
unclepants likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It's a lifetime qualification in a dying program, not a Nobel Prize in Medicine.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JackE
It's a lifetime qualification in a dying program, not a Nobel Prize in Medicine.
That is funny!!!!

Why not invite all your friends and family for the celebration and coronation proceedings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.