Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ryukus
What do you think will happen to the Lifetime Plat status if Starwood get sold
I wouldn't even try to hazard a guess. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Made Lifetime Platinum this week. Not sure why I thought SPG would offer something special but it was a bit of a letdown that after all of this loyalty (10 years, 700 nights) I received an email telling me I would get a metal card.

Hey - at least they could have offered a free drink or two
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by montreid
SPG has a pretty good inventory tracker. Many times I cancel a room to change the dates on a sold out night or prevent back-to-backs and room changes. SPG booking will only search open; even with reservation changes---so one has to CANCEL existing, and then quickly rebook the room with the extended days. The inventory releases and updates that fast.

Just did it last week at Universal City.
Then you have been very lucky... Cancelling a room does not mean it comes back into inventory right away let alone still be available for you to rebook minutes later. I've had better luck getting SPG to stitch together back-to-back reservations than doing a cancel and rebook. The only trick is to pick the same room category so there is no issue regarding room changes.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Lifetime Plat status question

First, I apologize. I spent 10 minutes with the search feature and all I could find for Starwood Lifetime Platinum was a thread for people to add their name when status was achieved. Feel free to move this anywhere.

I achieved my LTP in June and the card arrived last month. I was just looking at my stays this year and realized that I'm lighter this year than ever before. After my stay next week I'll have 19 stays and 36 nights. It IS only September and I MIGHT have a few stays before December, but I don't see it as more than 3. I'll also have 2 free weekend nights & I doubt those count as stays. So my question is, do I NEED to do some mattress runs to keep my Lifetime Plat status, or, is it exactly as described- I'm Lifetime Plat as long as I keep my account current each year?

I've never had a question of making Platinum status until this year- I was Gold my 1st year and Plat every year since. I don't want to lose my lovely (heavy) Lifetime Plat card. All the reading I've done says that I'm fine; I don't have to stay another night this year if I don't want to. But I have this nagging thought that says I must get those extra 6 stays or 14 nights before the end of the year. Maybe it's just the annual reminder- we're getting close to December so plan those stays!

I'm probably just reacting to my low number of stays this year, but it's such a big deal at the end of each year to calculate. And there just aren't enough threads on the subject (that I could find) so here I am, wondering if I need to finish out this year as an annual Plat or if I'm good with the shiny, heavy card and the congrats I received.

I'm 95 percent sure I'm okay, as "Lifetime" kind of gives it away, but I AM curious if I've missed anything. It'd suck if I'd received that card but I was still required to finish out the year as a Plat. But if that's the case, I want to make sure I make my stays/nights for the year.

Thanks!

Last edited by thaliajen; Sep 20, 2015 at 12:59 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:05 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by thaliajen
First, I apologize. I spent 10 minutes with the search feature and all I could find for Starwood Lifetime Platinum was a thread for people to add their name when status was achieved. Feel free to move this anywhere.

I achieved my LTP in June and the card arrived last month. I was just looking at my stays this year and realized that I'm lighter this year than ever before. After my stay next week I'll have 19 stays and 36 nights. It IS only September and I MIGHT have a few stays before December, but I don't see it as more than 3. I'll also have 2 free weekend nights & I doubt those count as stays. So my question is, do I NEED to do some mattress runs to keep my Lifetime Plat status, or, is it exactly as described- I'm Lifetime Plat as long as I keep my account current each year?

I've never had a question of making Platinum status until this year- I was Gold my 1st year and Plat every year since. I don't want to lose my lovely (heavy) Lifetime Plat card. All the reading I've done says that I'm fine; I don't have to stay another night this year if I don't want to. But I have this nagging thought that says I must get those extra 6 stays or 14 nights before the end of the year. Maybe it's just the annual reminder- we're getting close to December so plan those stays!

I'm probably just reacting to my low number of stays this year, but it's such a big deal at the end of each year to calculate. And there just aren't enough threads on the subject (that I could find) so here I am, wondering if I need to finish out this year as an annual Plat or if I'm good with the shiny, heavy card and the congrats I received.

I'm 95 percent sure I'm okay, as "Lifetime" kind of gives it away, but I AM curious if I've missed anything. It'd suck if I'd received that card but I was still required to finish out the year as a Plat. But if that's the case, I want to make sure I make my stays/nights for the year.

Thanks!
You lol be fine. Made LT Plat a few years ago and now on average have between 15 and 30 nights. That is the purpose of LT.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Thank you! I don't 2nd guess myself often, but when I DO, it is usually over something silly like this!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'll also have 2 free weekend nights & I doubt those count as stays.
Sure they do. Just like award nights.

But I have this nagging thought that says I must get those extra 6 stays or 14 nights before the end of the year.
If you want the SNAs, you'll still need to hit the 50 nights.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
You're now Platinum for as long as you're a member in the program. But you still need to hit 50/75/100 per year for the SNA (or other), 4th point, and Ambassador benefits.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
You're now Platinum for as long as you're a member in the program.
But you still need account activity to prevent your account from being deactivated and losing all accumulated points.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FT Search : Top Tip

FWIW, there's a powerful and very useful, but not widely known, search option that would have saved you 9 minutes and 50 seconds :

Search this forum
Advanced Search
Search by Keyword = Lifetime with the 'Search Titles Only' option
Show results as Threads.

Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I will hit 500 nights in a few weeks and have 9 years elite
do i still have to make plat this year to get LT?
or will it kick in on 1 jan when i am still plat?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by aussielori
Just to check : does your 9 years elite equal 9 years at Platinum, or are there some of these years when you were at Gold ?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
It is just saying 9 yrs elite I think I have been plat the whole time but can't remember as my husband was also plat many years.on the dashboard it is stating Next up Lifetime Platinum.

Years Elite
may not be consecutive
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by aussielori
As stated in post 1 of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17927947-post1.html you need to have 10 years as Platinum. The web site does not break that down so the only way to find out is to call SPG and ask. Once all requirements are met and their sweep has occurred, your account will be updated. It is not a once a year event.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott platinum, delta platinum
Help

I am sure this answer is somewhere in these 69 pages of talk, but could someone tell me where, on my SPG page, I find my lifetime status, so that I know how far along I am? I have looked till I am tired, with no results. Thank you,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.