Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
When does lifetime status take effect?

Hello,

I am ten nights away from lifetime status in the Starwood program. I currently have 800 nights but only nine years of elite status. In ten more stays, I will have Platinum elite locked up for 2017...will my lifetime status reflect immediately? Should I call?

With all the turmoil at Starwood currently, I figure having lifetime Platinum can only be a good thing.

Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sfosyd
Hello,

I am ten nights away from lifetime status in the Starwood program. I currently have 800 nights but only nine years of elite status. In ten more stays, I will have Platinum elite locked up for 2017...will my lifetime status reflect immediately? Should I call?

With all the turmoil at Starwood currently, I figure having lifetime Platinum can only be a good thing.

Thank you.
First off, congratulations on your accomplishment.

It might not update immediately but it will in fairly short order. Also, unless I am misunderstanding something since you will be earning Platinum status for the year (and based on your profile already are Platinum) the lifetime status will sort of be redundant (at this point). Your next thresholds to unlock additional benefits are at the 75 and 100 night level.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I think the details are in the LTP thread. I remember posting how long it took after my qualifying stay, and others chimed in. Iirc, it seemed like a monthly process, so anywhere from 1-4 weeks was typical.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by CPRich
I think the details are in the LTP thread. I remember posting how long it took after my qualifying stay, and others chimed in. Iirc, it seemed like a monthly process, so anywhere from 1-4 weeks was typical.
I got a welcome email 1 week after my 500th night.
Counters ticked over 0 nights remaining to achieve lifetime status.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by schoflyer
I got a welcome email 1 week after my 500th night.
Counters ticked over 0 nights remaining to achieve lifetime status.
I just had my stay post for Platinum for this year which makes me LT Platinum! I've never seen this counter for "remaining nights". Where on the website is that?

Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Originally Posted by SF1K
I just had my stay post for Platinum for this year which makes me LT Platinum! I've never seen this counter for "remaining nights". Where on the website is that?

Thanks.
Check what you have here: https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SFBayGuy
Check what you have here: https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard
Thank you!

Those both say 0 years and 0 nights to reach lifetime platinum!!!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:18 am

I see my Liftime Platinum status no longer appears on my online profile.

Is this new? A glitch? A reflection of the incoming merger?

Hopefully I can find that big hunk of metal they sent me.

Cheers,
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Originally Posted by Flews
I see my Liftime Platinum status no longer appears on my online profile.

Is this new? A glitch? A reflection of the incoming merger?

Hopefully I can find that big hunk of metal they sent me.

Cheers,
Still shows on mine, but not on the "front page". You have to go into (on the top menu) [Your Name] >> Manage My Account >> Account Overview. It will reflect "Lifetime Platinum" to the right of your name.

Or maybe it's a reflection that you'll be losing your status after the merger, which hasn't been voted upon, isn't approved by any oversight agencies, and, thus, is not a done deal. *sarcasm*
Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:04 pm

Still shows on mine, but not on the "front page". You have to go into (on the top menu) [Your Name] >> Manage My Account >> Account Overview. It will reflect "Lifetime Platinum" to the right of your name.
Yes, I know where it should be. My point is it has completely disappeared.

Or maybe it's a reflection that you'll be losing your status after the merger, which hasn't been voted upon, isn't approved by any oversight agencies, and, thus, is not a done deal. *sarcasm*
You obviously didn't get my joke.

Cheers,
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold; AAdvantage Gold; HH Gold
will my lifetime status reflect immediately? Should I call?
The night of April 2 was my 250th night (last night of a 4-night stay at an Aloft). On April 7, I got the e-mail notifying me of LT Gold. So it's pretty quick.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
10th year of Platinum reached on Apr 14 (over 500 nights). Still nothing showing on the dashboard (not even LT Gold). Can't wait for the balloons and streamers.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Just hit 500 nights (and a dozen years). I would have shifted some of my recent nights to later in the year, but I decided to just get it over with given all the uncertainty.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:00 pm

Hello,

Thank you.
I am just guessing but I am under the assumption that the earliest would be January 1 2017 which is when your 10th year begins or the latest January 1 2018 when you have completed your 10th year as Platinum. Maybe someone else could chime in with the answer?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl
10th year of Platinum reached on Apr 14 (over 500 nights). Still nothing showing on the dashboard (not even LT Gold). Can't wait for the balloons and streamers.
William just advised me that even though my counter says 10 years Elite, I have 1 year of Gold and 9 years of Plat. So no LT Plat for me this year.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else, as there is no way to know how many years you have of each, and frankly, I don't remember how I got my status 10 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.