Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Fsulaw1
I am sure this answer is somewhere in these 69 pages of talk, but could someone tell me where, on my SPG page, I find my lifetime status, so that I know how far along I am? I have looked till I am tired, with no results. Thank you,
It's not there. Call/Chat with SPG to get the info.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:26 pm

I am sure this answer is somewhere in these 69 pages of talk, but could someone tell me where, on my SPG page, I find my lifetime status, so that I know how far along I am? I have looked till I am tired, with no results. Thank you,
yes you can go into the dashboard and click on lifetime and it will show you some of what you need to know.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
The Account Overview page will give you nights but it won't give you years as Gold/Plat. I know from calling that I've got 7 years elite, 5 of which were Plat.
You need to remember number of years as Gold/Plat, which is why I have it listed in my signature block - otherwise I'd forget. I'm hoping to hit Plat 2015-2019 so that I've got lifetime Plat. I've got 495 nights right now so I don't need to worry about nights for lifetime Plat.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I am sure this has been suggested; once someone reaches LTG .... why can't their night/stay counts reset at 25nights/10stays .... so that way it is easier for some of us with LTG to reach Platinum status

I am about to reach LTG as a leisure traveller and if it resets at 25/10 it would make my life much more beneficial
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Just to clarify, you have to QUALIFY 10 years, not merely be Platinum for 10 years. So to answer the 9 year question, Jan.1 you will NOT be LTP... but with creative mattress running, you COULD be LTP by the morning of Jan. 26th.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Just to clarify, you have to QUALIFY 10 years, not merely be Platinum for 10 years. So to answer the 9 year question, Jan.1 you will NOT be LTP... but with creative mattress running, you COULD be LTP by the morning of Jan. 26th.
Or by Jan. 18th if booked three rooms each night.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Or by Jan. 18th if booked three rooms each night.
Or by Jan.10th if you change the hotel every day.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Or by Jan.10th if you change the hotel every day.
As you only receive 1 stay credit for multiple rooms, wouldn't you have 9 stays and 27 nights? That doesn't qualify for Platinum status.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But you still need account activity to prevent your account from being deactivated and losing all accumulated points.
Yes, that is the definition of "as long as you're a member in the program."
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CPRich
As you only receive 1 stay credit for multiple rooms, wouldn't you have 9 stays and 27 nights? That doesn't qualify for Platinum status.
No, you get stay/night credit for up to three rooms booked/paid under your account. So three rooms for 10 one-night stays will earn you 30 stays. Of course presuming changing properties each night.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:26 pm

Question on LT Plat Status

Curious as to how exactly LT Plat Status works. I currently have over 500 nights and 9 years as a PLT. So, next year I would theoretically hit LT Plat. I am eager to hit that ASAP considering the news today....so when would the LT Plat kick in next year? Right when I requalify for PLT for the 10th year I hope?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ethang801
when would the LT Plat kick in next year? Right when I requalify for PLT for the 10th year I hope?
Yes.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Does the lifetime nights total on my account page reflect try progress toward my 500 night requirement? What about the annual Amex night kicker I get from having the card. Are those nights not in this total? or do they need to be backed out? Do I need to call for my real number?

-Scho
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:14 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Does the lifetime nights total on my account page reflect try progress toward my 500 night requirement? What about the annual Amex night kicker I get from having the card. Are those nights not in this total? or do they need to be backed out? Do I need to call for my real number?
Edit: This is just clarification to differentiate between the Account Overview and Account Dashboard pages.

The best place to discover your LT progress is on the SPG Promos dashboard; I believe it's the most accurate, and excludes Caesar's nights, etc. Even better, I believe it also displays the year progress towards LT, which was missing on the old account page.

https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard/site/index
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Ok. So I checked the dashboard. 418 nights. So next January when I get my Amex boost this number does not go up? Just my YTD number goes up?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:17 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Ok. So I checked the dashboard. 418 nights. So next January when I get my Amex boost this number does not go up? Just my YTD number goes up?
It seems this is correct.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
13. How about nights earned for having the Amex SPG card? I see that status from having the Amex cards will count towards the "years of status" total, but will nights earned pre-Oct 1 2011 for having the card count as well, or like award nights, count only after that date?

William: Yes to AMEX card nights as far as helping to attain Platinum, but not as a factor in adding to the number of nights needed for Lifetime status. No to award stays pre-October 1, 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.