Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Ambassador Service no longer a given for Lifetime Platinum

I enjoyed the services of an Ambassador since the lifetime platinum program was launched. Was however told today that unless I qualify for 100 nights a year, I might not be eligible for an Ambassador anymore.

Here is an extract from the email I have just received from my new Ambassador:

"In the past when the ambassador service was launched, it has been offered to our selected guests like you. In order to enjoy the service then, there were certain criteria that need to be met.
These criteria were even privy to us. However as the service continue, criteria may also change and it will be reviewed periodically.

Since the launch of new SPG benefits in 2012, staying 100 eligible nights at Starwood Hotels in a calendar year became the only guaranteed way to continue the access to ambassador service. "

I would be sad to see it goes as my usual perk but I really miss my Ambassador number 1 who has unfortunately had been promoted to a different function (she deserved it) and eventually left starwood.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
These criteria were even privy to us.
I don't understand this at all, as I have been aware of the 100 nights/year requirement since the program began.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by spcran4d
I don't understand this at all, as I have been aware of the 100 nights/year requirement since the program began.
Before the platinum lifetime was introduced and the 100 nights requirements for an Ambassador known, the program was run as a beta, a group I was fortunate to be part of. So there was no 100 nights requirements for us because there was no official ambassador program.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Just crossed 400 nights.

Only 100 to go.

So does the new website no longer show number of years for Elite status? I can see number of nights but not number of years.
Manage My Account -> Account Overview.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by kluau88
Manage My Account -> Account Overview.
This has been discussed for quite some time...that Account Overview does not show years.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Dorian
This has been discussed for quite some time...that Account Overview does not show years.
where then?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by exmike
where then?
I believe I read here that you can only retrieve it by calling SPG.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian
I believe I read here that you can only retrieve it by calling SPG.
For those of you that have apple products mine shows on the back of my SPG card in passbook (in addition to LT nights)
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518
For those of you that have apple products mine shows on the back of my SPG card in passbook (in addition to LT nights)
Wow, it does!!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by steveman518
thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Damn, nothing for Android..
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
The web account shows total nights, but Passbook shows ELIGIBLE nights.

Last edited by JackE; Mar 7, 2015 at 10:23 pm
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: UAL - Premier, SPG - Plat
Just made my Lifetime Gold (also had 5 years Plat)!! Wohooo!!!
5 more years to reach LTP!! 241 nights to go.

I have a quick question to all the members who made LTP. my understanding is that SPG will show you the list of hotels that you've had stay during your LTP journey. i believe they'll omit the hotels that's no longer with SPG but how about for hotel that got rebranded? i.e: Sheraton Arabella Munich has become Westin Arabella Munich.

thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ryukus
I have a quick question to all the members who made LTP. my understanding is that SPG will show you the list of hotels that you've had stay during your LTP journey. i believe they'll omit the hotels that's no longer with SPG but how about for hotel that got rebranded? i.e: Sheraton Arabella Munich has become Westin Arabella Munich.
It's not a list, but a map with a bunch of dots representing where you stayed. You can scroll up earlier in this thread to see one. So if a hotel changes from a Sheraton to a Westin, a dot is still a dot. They just remove the dot if the hotel is no longer with SPG when your map is printed.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by stimpy
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryukus

It's not a list, but a map with a bunch of dots representing where you stayed. You can scroll up earlier in this thread to see one. So if a hotel changes from a Sheraton to a Westin, a dot is still a dot. They just remove the dot if the hotel is no longer with SPG when your map is printed.
Who should have sent me such a map?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.