Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by Triley
Quote:

Originally Posted by kasi

Well, you said yes and I should check my mail-adress. But since I regularly receive mail from starwood like e.g. the plastic LT PT card, the only thing I can observe: they must have stopped issuing metal cards. Or there must be some hidden qualification hurdle in additon to just being LT PT to receive the metal version.

I am assuming that when William says that folks outside of North America need to verify their address, he means they have to talk to someone at SPG to verify their address. How would Starwood know that you looked at your address and went "Yup. This is right!"?

Keep in mind the much higher cost of a card made out of titanium, and probably the additional shipping cost involved. Makes sense that they would want to have you verify the correct shipping address for something with an additional expense over a plastic card that probably costs them a nickel, right?
well, if my Ambassador didn't know my adress she would certainly ask for it. So, who do you believe is this top secret someone at starwood that doesn't talk to me or my ambassador that ne needs my adress? I certainly don't know that person... But maybe this is some kind of a quiz and only who finds out wins a metal card. :-)
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
What exactly are you asking/trying to prove?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Dear William, thx for providing me with the missing piece of information! Very much looking forward to what FedEx will deliver.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by kasi
Dear William, thx for providing me with the missing piece of information! Very much looking forward to what FedEx will deliver.
Be sure to post some nice photos of the package and contents.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Across the line. Finally. 10 years. 700++ nights.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: National Rental - Executive
Point Stays

Hi guys,

I've read hundreds of replies in this thread and can't find my one question. Can one of you just answer for me please: do reward stays count towards Lifetime status?

FWIW, I'm at 10 years elite but only 4 as platinum.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fletch!
Hi guys,

I've read hundreds of replies in this thread and can't find my one question. Can one of you just answer for me please: do reward stays count towards Lifetime status?

Yes (since the enhancement a couple years ago)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Fletch!
Hi guys,

Award stays since October 1, 2011 count.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17927945-post26.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17927956-post27.html
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: National Rental - Executive
Thanks!

^^
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Is there a lifetime gold card? I've seen pictures of the platinum one but was unable to find any of the gold card
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by awu25
Is there a lifetime gold card? I've seen pictures of the platinum one but was unable to find any of the gold card
Here's one from googling, basically just your normal plastic gold card with LT Gold on the side strip.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Lifetime Platinum Card

How long is it currently taking to receive a lifetime platinum card after notification is received from *wood? Qualified over 6 weeks ago and nothing to date except an e-mail of congratulations.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by marlee1421
How long is it currently taking to receive a lifetime platinum card after notification is received from *wood? Qualified over 6 weeks ago and nothing to date except an e-mail of congratulations.
Another week or two most likely. It was running pretty steadily 8 weeks for a long time. Congrats!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts 746 and 747 in this thread show data points of "a little under 2 months" and "about 9 weeks".
Old Aug 3, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Another week or two most likely. It was running pretty steadily 8 weeks for a long time. Congrats!
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.