Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:19 pm

Lifetime or just for year

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
My Ambassador just confirmed I would be grandfathered in as a Platinum Premier Elite. I have 13 years of Platinum and 900 SPG nights.
Did Ambassador say “Lifetime” ?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by yvr76
What about for members that have > 750 nights and the equivalent of 2 million points but not 10 years Plat? I'm 1 year short!

Fingers crossed for you that it will count. It seems that for Premier Platinum they should say - when your elite qualification gets merged in August and you have more than 750 nights and
2 million base points
or 10+ years Platinum or above (either program including if 2 years (or more) simultaneously they count as 2 (or more))

You get LTPP grandfathered!

That would only mean that SPG LTP who have between 500-749 nights (combined) would not get LTPP, but LTP instead

I may have just opened myself up to getting flamed, but somehow that seems fair to me.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Please could someone from Starwood or Marriott answer this question officially?

I am an SPG Lifetime Platinum member with 939 nights. I have 670 nights in Marriott Rewards and 1.7 million points.

I have a ton of travel coming up, all booked at SPG properties. Based on the announcements today, I was about to cancel all this travel and rebook into Marriotts to gun for Marriott Lifetime Status so I can get Platinum Premier Elite. It sounds like I may not need to do this? A definitive answer would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
What about for members that have > 750 nights and the equivalent of 2 million points but not 10 years Plat? I'm 1 year short!
Like me, you're SOL...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have 606 SPG Nights and 479 Marriott which is 1085 total. Marriott Points are 1.118 Million and according to a SPG Master Spreadsheet I received in Aug 2016, I have over 1.1 Million SPG points (=3.3 Million Marriott Points). I have 9 years SPG Platinum and 3 years Marriott Platinum. I plan on at least another 30 nights this year (to get platinum again) with SPG plus some Marriott nights.

WIll I get the lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Heather Welwood

Did Ambassador say “Lifetime” ?

Looks like I misread it. Sorry. It said I would be Platinum Premier Elite but the Lifetime status would only be Platinum Elite. Confusing with the multiple layers of Platinum. Will follow up and see if they will change it.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:52 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Let's wait to see if William or any Starwood Lurkers have a response for this. As far as I can understand it from the website, there is no path to the Life Platinum Premier tier for SPG based member.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Interesting updates on the LT programs today with the Marriott/SPG announcement. I'm wondering if there will be possible to qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite as a former SPG member.

For SPG members:
LT Gold up from 250 and 5 years gold+ to 400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years* Gold Elite Status or Higher.
LT Platinum up from 500 and 10 years platinum to 600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years* Platinum Elite Status.

For Marriott members:
Lifetime Silver Elite -> Lifetime Silver Elite.
Lifetime Gold Elite -> Lifetime Platinum Elite.
Lifetime Platinum Elite -> Grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.

Last edited by flyerbjorn; Apr 16, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I'm wondering if there will be possible to qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite as a former SPG member.
Only if you've currently, or by the deadline later this year, met the MR LT PLT requirements. No other members receive that status at the transition and it's not a status that can be earned later. By anyone. (per the current published rules, always subject to change)

Your chart above is misleading. Current SPG LT GLD and LT PLT get new LT status, they don't have some new bar to reach. The 400/7 and 600/10 are for everyone, not just SPG members.

For SPG members:
Lifetime Gold -> Lifetime Gold Elite.
Lifetime Platinum -> Lifetime Platinum Elite.

For Marriott members:
Lifetime Silver Elite -> Lifetime Silver Elite.
Lifetime Gold Elite -> Lifetime Platinum Elite.
Lifetime Platinum Elite -> Grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.

For all combined program members, going forward, combining all history from both programs:
LT Silver - 250 Lifetime Nghts, 5 years Silver Status or higher (was 250 nights, 1.2M points for MR)
LT Gold - 400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher. (was 250 ngihts and 5 years gold for SPG and 500 nights, 1.6M points, no years requirement for MR)
LT Platinum - 600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status. (was 500 nights and 10 years platinum for SPG, 750 nights, 2M points, no years requirement for MR)
futaris likes this.

Last edited by CPRich; Apr 16, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:32 pm

Is this a trivial concern/complaint? I can understand that some people might regard it as such but for me this strikes right at the heart of what loyalty programs are meant to be ( and of course it's understood that profit is the key to it all).
It is most unwise for Marriott to have set up a 2 class LTPP (E), given the assurances that there would be equity and transparency in the merger. But they couldn't manage to offer equal treatment to SPG LTPs with 750 REAL nights in hotels? Are they for real? Whether it's an oversight, incompetence or a quite deliberate slight will become apparent over the next few weeks. Meanwhile I'll focus rather more on other chains until my annoyance either lessens or concretes.
GVA, AJLondon, ronaldko and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
I have 606 SPG Nights and 479 Marriott which is 1085 total. Marriott Points are 1.118 Million and according to a SPG Master Spreadsheet I received in Aug 2016, I have over 1.1 Million SPG points (=3.3 Million Marriott Points). I have 9 years SPG Platinum and 3 years Marriott Platinum. I plan on at least another 30 nights this year (to get platinum again) with SPG plus some Marriott nights.

WIll I get the lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status?
Based on general consensus of the news - you are also SOL unfortunately
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
So if I am currently lifetime platinum with 955 nights and 15 years elte, would I be lifetime premier platinum or just lifetime platinum?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jottoson
So if I am currently lifetime platinum with 955 nights and 15 years elte, would I be lifetime premier platinum or just lifetime platinum?
Lifetime Platinum. It appears that anybody no matter how many nights/years with SPG that has attained SPG Lifetime Platinum will only be New Marriott Lifetime Platinum.

The only possible way to be Lifetime Platinum Premier is to be a current Marriott Lifetime Platinum or have achieved that status by the end of this year with the current Marriott qualifications.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by jottoson
If SPG, just plain LTPP not the LTPPE
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Gold SPG and Marriott, Silver United Milage Plus
I will have the requirements for LT Gold by the end of July, of this year-will I be grand fathered in or I have to satisfy the new requirements!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.