Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
And 10 elite qualifying nights in his program equals 10 lifetime nights?

But basically, if you can get nights in the $100-150 range after tax, sounds comparable.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:07 pm
W-N

Programs: AA PLT 3MM..... WN CP & A-List Preferred.... SPG Platinum
I am currently 15 nights from LT Platinum in SPG at the current 500 night requirement. If I reach 500 prior to August 1, will I still receive LT Platinum before the change?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by W-N
I am currently 15 nights from LT Platinum in SPG at the current 500 night requirement. If I reach 500 prior to August 1, will I still receive LT Platinum before the change?
It appears you should. Actually as long as you get the 15 nights before 12/31 you should be good. Just make sure they are SPG nights and not MR.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
So I am current SPG LT Gold, 6 years platinum with 677 SPG nights, 67 Marriott nights, and achieved platinum both last year and this year with marriott and SPG. How does this translate? I assume I get LT Gold with Marriott now. I dont see where the discussion of points accumulation plays into the transfer...is there any hope of this?

EDIT: I see the criteria now for Marriott platinum. 750 nights or 2M points, no years requirement for MR. If I currently have 207k marriott points, and 400,000 SPG points at 3x transfer, that will give me 1.4M points. If I somehow managed to rack up 600k points before the end of the year, would that qualify me for LT Platinum?

Last edited by coleo; Apr 16, 2018 at 9:43 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I am also wondering where I will end up. SPG LT Plat with 842 nights/13 years/~2.2M SPG points and Marriott LT Gold with 875 nights/1.85M points. Will I get LTP or LTPP? I suppose I have time to do a credit card sign-up bonus and try and bring the Marriott balance to 2M.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Canada101
+1 I also want to know about this. Grandfathering one set of LTPs at Marriott but not SPG LTPs with at least the same statistics is blatantly unfair.
This!!

Can we please get some kind of official additional word from Management on this? Seems unfair despite months of assurances that the new program will be fair!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Can we get an official response on this please, Starwood Lurker.

As a SPG Lifetime Plat (100) with about 15 years of SPG Plat and about 1200 lifetime nights, I have a question.

Is Marriott saying that 1200 nights at SPG are valued as inferior to 750 nights at Marriott when it comes to awarding lifetime status levels for the new program? What level are SPG Lifetime Plat members with over 750 nights being grandfathered into?

Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
On second thought, it seems like the major differences between Platinum and Platinum Elite are:
  • 25% more bonus points.
  • 48h room guarantee.
  • And presumably slightly higher priority for room and suite upgrades.
None of those are particularly important to me. I wouldn't spend any extra time and/or money for those.
Even right now SPG PLT75 is not much better than PLT50 with 50% more bonus points and your24. Certainly, not worth of additional
spending. With bonus points going to 25% and Your24 achievable only for PLT100 why one would even bother? By the way, I only used Your24 twice over three years of PLT75.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sfosyd
Please could someone from Starwood or Marriott answer this question officially?

I am an SPG Lifetime Platinum member with 939 nights. I have 670 nights in Marriott Rewards and 1.7 million points.

I have a ton of travel coming up, all booked at SPG properties. Based on the announcements today, I was about to cancel all this travel and rebook into Marriotts to gun for Marriott Lifetime Status so I can get Platinum Premier Elite. It sounds like I may not need to do this? A definitive answer would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
If you have that flexibility then why not change to Marriott and make it a certainty that noone can argue with.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:40 pm

SPG Lifetime Platinum

Hello - I am very confused. I have 566 nights at SPG and 9 years of platinum status. I need another 25 nights this year to complete lifetime platinum status with 10 years.

Questions:
1. Do I need to achieve this till 31.07.2018 in order to receive my lifetime platinum?
2. What would my status be by end of this year if the cut off date was august and I would have not achieved the 50 nights till then?

THANKS SO MUCH - super nervous. I want my LTP
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Alex_I
Even right now SPG PLT75 is not much better than PLT50 with 50% more bonus points and your24. Certainly, not worth of additional
spending. With bonus points going to 25% and Your24 achievable only for PLT100 why one would even bother? By the way, I only used Your24 twice over three years of PLT75.
i guess its different for everyone....i use your24 on the majority of my stays & in my opinion its one of the best benefits of this program....
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
ah well....the sky didn't quite fall but its disappointing for spg lifetime plats to not be on par with marriott lifetime plat in the new program....
supatight80 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:19 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Can we get an official response on this please, Starwood Lurker.

As a SPG Lifetime Plat (100) with about 15 years of SPG Plat and about 1200 lifetime nights, I have a question.

Is Marriott saying that 1200 nights at SPG are valued as inferior to 750 nights at Marriott when it comes to awarding lifetime status levels for the new program? What level are SPG Lifetime Plat members with over 750 nights being grandfathered into?

Thanks!
​​​​​​​ what isn’t clear?

Originally Posted by Keyser
i guess its different for everyone....i use your24 on the majority of my stays & in my opinion its one of the best benefits of this program....
Originally Posted by Keyser
ah well....the sky didn't quite fall but its disappointing for spg lifetime plats to not be on par with marriott lifetime plat in the new program....
Losing Your24 at 75 and the 20k spend for Ambassador at 100 I could chalk up to enabling me to relax and not consider chasing 100 or 75. But with 1250 nights, not providing me parity to MR LTP members tells me I’m simply not valued.
AJLondon, supatight80 and paolo64 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:37 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by yosithezet
But with 1250 nights, not providing me parity to MR LTP members tells me I’m simply not valued.
Exactly! This one change has left a pretty sour taste in what was otherwise a somewhat reasonable move over.

Hence seeking clarity, if this LTP lack of equivalence genuinely intended to be as such, or whether (glass half full perspective) Marriott is looking to correct this "accidental oversight"?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by yosithezet
what isn’t clear?

Losing Your24 at 75 and the 20k spend for Ambassador at 100 I could chalk up to enabling me to relax and not consider chasing 100 or 75. But with 1250 nights, not providing me parity to MR LTP members tells me I’m simply not valued.
I guess clearly they don't value SPG LTP as much as MR LTP and this was irritates me as well considering it is so much easier to be MAR LTP over SPG LTP.

Anyways, will be SPG LTP and over 750 next month. Matched to New LTP. But with so many LTP out there (MR LTG = New LTP), It is like the new program is so so diluted with members that the new LTP = really LTG with no ability going higher. It is like why bother after attaining new LTP.
paolo64 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.