Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG launches new social currency platform. Earn bonus Starpoints and more.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG launches new social currency platform. Earn bonus Starpoints and more.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
SIAP, from the W Maldives' page:

"Wow! foursquare members have earned more than 10,000,000 Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) points from check-ins! That's a ton of free hotel stays! How many did you earn?"

Wow!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Has anyone had any luck checking in and getting points staying at a Chinese Starwood?
Yes, three different ones.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by jibi

"Wow! foursquare members have earned more than 10,000,000 Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) points from check-ins! That's a ton of free hotel stays! How many did you earn?"

Wow!
3,000 of those are mine. Another 2,000 left to earn/post.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:19 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium

Wow!
My first reaction was Wow as well, but the math shows that this is 40,000 stays in about 1,000 hotels over about two months. That's less than a single check-in per day per hotel.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:15 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'd assume it is much more.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Sagy
the math shows that this is 40,000 stays in about 1,000 hotels over about two months. That's less than a single check-in per day per hotel.
That sounds about right. 90% of the traveling public doesn't jump on the promo bandwagon like FTers.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Have not seen any of the facebook bonuses post yet, but several 4Square ones have from the same period.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by nevansm
Have not seen any of the facebook bonuses post yet, but several 4Square ones have from the same period.
Same here. I hate that FB has no way of showing the place you checked in at is actually the page of the property. If you have time, you can search for the property fan page from the main FB search (not check-in) and it will show how many times you checked in to it, though... backwards as hell, but if you don't mind the wasted time (seconds) for 250 points. I'm not sure if this works from the mobile app or mobile webpage, as I only noticed the check-ins info on the left side of the fan page last night from the full version website.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:10 am

foursquare for BlackBerry has been updated from version 1.9 to 3.0. I cannot imagine it would have a negative impact on check-ins, but that is a rather huge version jump.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Has anyone gotten their foursquare bonus this week? I havn't gotten mine from a stay last Sat.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Has anyone gotten their foursquare bonus this week? I havn't gotten mine from a stay last Sat.
haven't got mine for my last 3 stays....
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:20 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Which is why their web programmers needed the hint...
So presumably if something is wrong with your car, you park it at the repair shop, throw them the keys and yell "fix it" without telling them what is broken?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by SLF
So presumably if something is wrong with your car, you park it at the repair shop, throw them the keys and yell "fix it" without telling them what is broken?
See Post #410

He actually told them the timing belt needed to be replaced...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Nope, 3 stays in past week and none posted. There were previously posting the day after the stay. But the T&Cs state
Starpoints will be deposited into member's SPG account approximately 2-3 weeks after checkout occurs on an eligible stay.
So we really can't complain until then, however it seems that something is amiss.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:42 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
See Post #410

He actually told them the timing belt needed to be replaced...
I told them it needed replacing and mahasamatman gave them the part number and ordering info. Either of us could fix it but we don't have the keys to the car or their shop. The car was dropped off 9 days ago and it is still in the shop with no promise of when the repair will be completed. In a week it will be a moot point since the car is going to the crusher after the end of the month.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jul 26, 2011 at 7:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.