Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by b8b
I'm flying into LAX in OZ F and out to PHX on UA in Y. I need a lounge for the day to get some work done before the connecting flight.

I no longer have any *A status. Sounds like I can't do the *A First or even *A Business lounge, correct?

I have a Priority Pass Select via Amex Cent - what are my best options? KAL Lounge in TBIT? TIA!
IMO (for PP) AS lounge is overall better then KAL lounge, but KAL has that open-inside a mall feel. Free craft beer and decent snacks too. Both don't compare though to the Star lounge.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BThumme
IMO (for PP) AS lounge is overall better then KAL lounge, but KAL has that open-inside a mall feel. Free craft beer and decent snacks too. Both don't compare though to the Star lounge.
I don't think AS has a shower though.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I made the trek to this lounge on a three hour layover on an ORD-LAX-MEL.

*G + Upgraded to BF + UC zero issues with access... Waved in with a smile.

All I can say is this is a VERY nice lounge! Proper international level *A lounge with showers, good food and good booze and love the outdoor patio.

On my way back I have three hours and I plan to enter LAX at TBIT after clearing customs (GE) and taking advantage of those showers.

If you have the time highly recommend the walk especially given the pathetic state of LAX UCs at the moment
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
On my way back I have three hours and I plan to enter LAX at TBIT after clearing customs (GE) and taking advantage of those showers.
While GE will help you get through Immigration, you can expidite access back airside in TBIT without any special methods.

See post #241 of this thread.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Since you have GE, do you get TSA PreCheck on US domestic airlines? If you do, it's better to go through TSA at T4. TBIT does not have any PreCheck-participating carriers hence no PreCheck arrangement.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
it's better to go through TSA at T4.
Not really. Pre check in T4 requires a lot of back tracking, the actual security part will be quicker but it adds about 7-8 minutes walking.

I did this last Saturday because the security point mentioned in post 234, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27182475-post241.html, had just had about 15 connecting pax queue up. It was pretty much a wash between the two but I didn't want to take my shoes off and deal with liquids and laptops so I went to T4.

Whenever I come from T7/T8 bag drop off I do security at a Pre check point but if I'm doing all carry ons I just get dropped off at TBIT and use the connector security checkpoint.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone have recent experience with their opening hours? I have a very early arrival from LIH, followed by a long layover, and am hoping to grab a shower.

Back-up plan is KAL lounge with Priority Pass (opens at 7:30).
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone have recent experience with their opening hours?
I will answer my own question: *A lounge opens at 6:15 a.m. So the *A website (which says 9:30) is completely wrong.

Took me 17 minutes from the T7 United Club. BP scan (domestic UA flight) got me in, didn't even need to show my 1K card.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone have recent experience with their opening hours? I have a very early arrival from LIH, followed by a long layover, and am hoping to grab a shower.

Back-up plan is KAL lounge with Priority Pass (opens at 7:30).
I checked it a few weeks ago, from my post a few above yours:
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
To answer my own question, after DST ended the lounge opens at 6:15 every day now. Thanks SQ.
Prior to DST ending they opened around 7:30, before SQ started their morning flight I've been there as early as 8:30.

I very much enjoy the quiche and sausage.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:06 am

I very much enjoy the quiche and sausage.
This is just a fantastic lounge. Even the internet . . . just measured 56 mbs down.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP.
I'm flying united business lax to cun will
I have access to star alliance?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:12 am

I don't think UA flies a business class from LAX to CUN. If you're flying F, there are previous reports of being rejected for domestic F as well. United counts this flight as a domestic flight.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:29 pm

I don't think UA flies a business class from LAX to CUN. If you're flying F, there are previous reports of being rejected for domestic F as well. United counts this flight as a domestic flight.
United Business is eligible for lounge access (at least the UA clubs, and I believe the *A lounge). Business is the name of UA's international flights using the domestic F service (BusinessFirst and now Polaris is used for actual long-haul business class).
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
I'm pretty sure I read something that flights to Mexico are considered International with United and allows access to United Lounge. It's the star alliance that I want confirmation for before I even bother.

Best, Amil
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:16 pm

In that case you should be allowed access. If you get a paper BP and it says INTL at the top you'll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.