Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 30, 2016, 4:16 pm
  #181  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne
Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Posts: 22,039
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Just to add, I usually take the AA shuttle airside to transit between T4 and T6. It is located downstairs in T4 by gate 44 and it is next to gate 63 in T6.
The T4/T6 bus stops are being relocated, see theAA forum for more.

Note that you can walk airside between TBIT and T8 these days with various above ground 'connectors' and tunnels - allow about 20 minutes to get from once end to the other.
serfty is offline  
Old May 31, 2016, 9:19 pm
  #182  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Posts: 162
Can someone confirm if United Club members travelling on Star Alliance not in business/first can access the TBIT Star Alliance lounge on the UC membership alone?

From what I can tell the answer is yes, but policies tend to change with little to no notice from time to time.

Edit: in case anyone else is wondering - the answer is yes as of 6/12/16

Last edited by kyte; Jun 13, 2016 at 2:15 am
kyte is offline  
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:36 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, you can connect airside. It's about a 15 minute walk from TBIT to T7/8. There are no moving sidewalks.

As a non-UA *G departing on a *A flight, you can access either the United Clubs (which suck) or the *A lounge. You're allowed one guest.

They may (or may not) allow access to the *A lounge (but not UC) based on the onward domestic F ticket. In that case you and your wife would each get one guest.
And in case we get one guest each and we need four people to get in there...😎

I guess that they don't check people leaving the lounge and I guess that you can go out for a while and check in again...meaning that our first two guests can be left in the lounge and then we returns, we have two different guests... Is that doable?
MR_C_Class is offline  
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:27 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Posts: 5,709
Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
And in case we get one guest each and we need four people to get in there...😎

I guess that they don't check people leaving the lounge and I guess that you can go out for a while and check in again...meaning that our first two guests can be left in the lounge and then we returns, we have two different guests... Is that doable?
It depends on how vigilant the dragon is. Some might notice some might not.

It's still worth trying.
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:44 am
  #185  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 8,199
Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
Does Priority lines exist in TSA checkpoints (have F - bc with UA and *A gold)?
There is a priority line, but it's not uncommon for it to merge with the normal lines part-way along so you still gain by using it - but not as much as you might think depending on how busy they are.
docbert is offline  
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:19 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It depends on how vigilant the dragon is. Some might notice some might not.

It's still worth trying.
MR_C_Class is offline  
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:22 pm
  #187  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by docbert
There is a priority line, but it's not uncommon for it to merge with the normal lines part-way along so you still gain by using it - but not as much as you might think depending on how busy they are.
Would it be possible to use with a UA First - bc even tough it is TBIT?
(since I am in transfer and I don't want to head directly to T7 (OGG) )
MR_C_Class is offline  
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:00 pm
  #188  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Posts: 5,709
Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
Would it be possible to use with a UA First - bc even tough it is TBIT?
(since I am in transfer and I don't want to head directly to T7 (OGG) )
Domestic UA F should show *Premier Access* on the boarding pass, that could work.

Again, it depends on the person enforcing the line whether they will let you in the line because first class/premier status on bp, or he/she might not let you in at all because UA maybe doesn't have a contract to have their passengers use that lane.
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:18 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Domestic UA F should show *Premier Access* on the boarding pass, that could work.

Again, it depends on the person enforcing the line whether they will let you in the line because first class/premier status on bp, or he/she might not let you in at all because UA maybe doesn't have a contract to have their passengers use that lane.
But according to statement from LAX management you can access anywhere you want in the airport, consider you have a valid bc for departures in the nearest 24 hrs. So it doesn't make sense to walk landside from TBIT to T7, enter security and then walk back Airside to TBIT again...

It seems lack of clear regulations and a big grey zone, and all is about how staff in charge in charge of lines/lounges interpret regulations "them selves"...?
I am looking for the "RULES" taking with me a PRINTOUT and show to everyone who complains..
MR_C_Class is offline  
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:11 pm
  #190  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 57,223
Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
But according to statement from LAX management you can access anywhere you want in the airport, consider you have a valid bc for departures in the nearest 24 hrs. So it doesn't make sense to walk landside from TBIT to T7, enter security and then walk back Airside to TBIT again...

It seems lack of clear regulations and a big grey zone, and all is about how staff in charge in charge of lines/lounges interpret regulations "them selves"...?
I am looking for the "RULES" taking with me a PRINTOUT and show to everyone who complains..
So you want to print the rules so you can enforce them against airport and lounge staff, but are seeking advice here on how to deliberately break those same rules by sneaking in double the number of guests you are allowed. Lovely.
Kacee is offline  
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:49 pm
  #191  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Kacee
So you want to print the rules so you can enforce them against airport and lounge staff, but are seeking advice here on how to deliberately break those same rules by sneaking in double the number of guests you are allowed. Lovely.
Well I have abondon that Idea ��
I Will be glad if my EBG works and I can take my wife with me as guest.
The rest can wait in TBIT airside, since it seems that there's reasonable amount of restaurants and shops compare to T7...
��

And also the printing out was wit a "big grin"...What a really wanted to know eas if I can reneter TBIT without standing in the line for some hours or so...and if my *A Gold together with UA -bc (first) will give me access to *A lounge in TBIT. Or if I have to go landside to T7 and go for UA Club (even thought not so farcing as *A in TBIT...?? And I guess the answers are YES to both my questions...

Last edited by MR_C_Class; Jun 6, 2016 at 2:57 pm
MR_C_Class is offline  
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:16 pm
  #192  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: UA
Posts: 1,098
Originally Posted by serfty
The T4/T6 bus stops are being relocated, see theAA forum for more.
Are you referring to this post?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26714118-post172.html

It seems my information is on par with it.
thejaredhuang is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:57 pm
  #193  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 721
LAX Star Alliance lounge access policy

Given that it is now possible (allbeit a trek) to get between terminal 7 and Tom Bradley airside at LAX, can a UA *G passenger on a domestic itinerary access the LAX Star Alliance lounge?

The *A loung access policy is phrased in terms of access to "member airline lounges," and I guess technically a *A lounge is not a member airline lounge but an alliance lounge? Otherwise, if it does count as a member airline lounge, access would appear to hinge on whether or not the lounge displays the *G logo at the entrance--does anyone know if it does?

I note that the walking instructions state the lounge is only accessible to "guests departing from this terminal." But this may have been written before the T4 connector terminal was opened, as it sounds more like a physical access question than an entrance policy.

I'd be interested both in experiences (it worked or didn't for somebody) and in links to specific policies that answer the question. After all, sometimes access policy and access in practice differ, and it's good to understand both.
ftweb is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:15 pm
  #194  
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Fulltime travel/mostly Europe
Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 17,852
Please follow this in the Star Alliance forum.

l'etoile
UA moderator
l etoile is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:24 pm
  #195  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 721
Originally Posted by l'etoile
Please follow this in the Star Alliance forum.

l'etoile
UA moderator
I guess part of the problem is that United negotiates extra-punitive rules for its own passengers to be denied the same lounge access as other airlines. So this is really more of interest to UA pax, as any other member airline's *G's would certainly have access to this lounge (but also be on an international itinerary).
ftweb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.