Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The Star Alliance First has a similar concept but only small plates.
Agree the *A F lounge is nothing special. I actually found the J lounge superior, with a bigger buffet and much more interesting space, particularly the outside deck. I believe the general consensus is *A J > OW J.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by kiwitakingflight
Why didn't you just see if a day pass was available (subject to space availability) for around US$55? Also VA use this lounge as a contract lounge for their C/CL, Gold and Platinum flyers...
NZ stopped selling day passes to all its lounges last year, due to over crowding. As they run the *A LAX lounge its most likely the case there too.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree the *A F lounge is nothing special. I actually found the J lounge superior, with a bigger buffet and much more interesting space, particularly the outside deck. I believe the general consensus is *A J > OW J.
I agree. Same deal with the KAL F lounge, also nothing special.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: UA
Has anyone been to the lounge during breakfast hours? I'm curious about the menu options they have, also it seems like every time I go for lunch/dinner hours its teriyaki chicken or meatballs.

I'm not complaining that it's bad food but some variety would go a long way.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
My experience is primarily in the morning. They had a decent selection with eggs, cereal and other breakfast items. Also salads and some other non-traditional fare.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Is Etihad still using this lounge for their Biz class passengers (using AA miles)? If yes, will a biz class passenger on LAX-AUH be allowed a coach class guest into this lounge? We have a party of four with 2 biz and 2 coach tickets with an almost 12 hours layover in LAX coming in from PHX (outbound to AUH).

Last edited by FT-hss; May 16, 2016 at 12:15 am Reason: Tyop
Old May 18, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Has anyone been to the lounge during breakfast hours? I'm curious about the menu options they have, also it seems like every time I go for lunch/dinner hours its teriyaki chicken or meatballs.

I'm not complaining that it's bad food but some variety would go a long way.
To answer my own question: eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwich, potatoes, yogurt, fruit, granola, etc...

They also had a chicken dish last night I haven't had before, chicken breast with dried tomato in a garlic pesto sauce. It was excellent.

Beware, they have some new staffers there that almost denied me access when flying UA domestically. Her supervisor asked if I was *G and let me in, I saw him talk to her about it afterwards.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Can anyone confirm access

Dear all,

I am going with my wife and our friends and their two teenagers from STO to OGG with a 5 hrs transfer in LAX. We are going in with SK (me and my wife in C - class and friends with their teenagers in Y) to LAX (TBIT) and continuing on UA (F + Y) from LAX (T8).

As it seems possible to get air-side from TBIT to T8 nowadays and since UA lounges in T8 doesn't seem anything that is worth visiting, we are making plans to spend some hours in *A lounge in TBIT and then take a air-side walk to T8...

I know that just having a UA - F domestic bc can be tricky to access both UA and *A lounges in LAX (what I have been reading..)? But since I have *A gold status (SK) AND a UA bc, it should be possible? And even let my wife in as guest?

The reason I am asking is that some interpreting of access rules says that you need a bc on *A flight, flying out from TBIT (terminal) and other just mention "local airport" (LAX)).

- Can anyone with similar experience tell me if my conclusions about access to *A LAX Lounge is correct?

- Does anyone have some ideas how we can get in our friends as guests to the lounge, after 12 hrs flying time, 5 hrs transfer and another 6 hrs of flight there could be nice for them as well to relax..

- Walking time between TBIT and T8? And it is now (23rd of July) possible to do that walk air-side...?

- Are there any moving sidewalks?

Thankful to any information that can clear this thing up...
Old May 27, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes, you can connect airside. It's about a 15 minute walk from TBIT to T7/8. There are no moving sidewalks.

As a non-UA *G departing on a *A flight, you can access either the United Clubs (which suck) or the *A lounge. You're allowed one guest.

They may (or may not) allow access to the *A lounge (but not UC) based on the onward domestic F ticket. In that case you and your wife would each get one guest.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, you can connect airside. It's about a 15 minute walk from TBIT to T7/8. There are no moving sidewalks.

As a non-UA *G departing on a *A flight, you can access either the United Clubs (which suck) or the *A lounge. You're allowed one guest.

They may (or may not) allow access to the *A lounge (but not UC) based on the onward domestic F ticket. In that case you and your wife would each get one guest.
Thanks 😀
Old May 27, 2016, 2:12 pm

Back into TBIT from transfer

After you have passed Immigration and Customs and onwards to transferdesks,
are there any easy way back into TBIT again...?
Old May 27, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
After you have passed Immigration and Customs and onwards to transferdesks,
are there any easy way back into TBIT again...?
Yes. You can clear security in TBIT or in T4 next door. I don't believe the dedicated transit security is open yet.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:40 am

Just to add, I usually take the AA shuttle airside to transit between T4 and T6. It is located downstairs in T4 by gate 44 and it is next to gate 63 in T6.
Old May 30, 2016, 11:31 am

Anyone who knows if/then the dedicated transit security will be open?

I am arriving with SK from STO into TBIT in C-class and have plans to after transfer check-in to reenter into TBIT (without spending hours in TSA line) and have some nice time in the int *A lounge and afterwards I need a decent/smart way to take me to T7 to enter a UA flight to OGG (Maui).

Does Priority lines exist in TSA checkpoints (have F - bc with UA and *A gold)?
Old May 30, 2016, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I used my UA domestic F boarding pass yesterday at the lounge yesterday. A new guy was there. First he said "but you have a domestic ticket" then he said "oh, you are in first class".

I have been there before flying out of TBIT. He let me in and what I really wanted to do was to take some pictures from the patio so it worked out. Stupid light poles by T2 or T3 blocked downtown and the air was not very clear. Still, it was a pleasant day to be out there.

I wonder if he would have sent me to the F lounge in this case?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.