Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by c_9
I believe no - this page says "must be a revenue customer".
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Thanks for confirmation / clarification!
Suggest you try reading the definition of "Revenue ticket/customer" on the page you linked:

Revenue ticket/customer: All customers excluding airline staff. Customers travelling on discounted fares, frequent flyer award tickets or upgrades are considered revenue customers and are included as revenue customers. Airline employees flying on free or service charge tickets, or Industry Discount (e.g., ID50. ID75, ID90) tickets are not considered revenue customers
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:35 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Originally Posted by serfty
"Revenue Customer" includes those on reward tickets, so you have the same rights as those who paid outright $$$.

Search around this forum for that phrase and see the results ... Cliff Notes: "The phrase is used to exclude those on 'staff travel' from getting access."
!!! I thought I had been denied United Club access before, but maybe I just assumed? I often had status while traveling on reward tickets so perhaps I never actually tested this situation. Interesting, and thank you!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM
Domestic First?

Forgive me if this has been already stated somewhere in this thread, but if I'm on a domestic UA F flight, would that entitle me to get into the F area of the lounge? I'm aware I can get into the biz/*G area via my UA/TK *G status, was just wondering about the F section as the website is very non-specific, saying:

"First Class boarding pass holders are welcome to use the exclusive First Class Lounge."

(on http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...ge-los-angeles)

I'd assume that means international but was curious. Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:59 pm

UPDATE: Was told I couldn't enter the First section because 'I wasn't flying with us'. 'Us' being ambiguous. Any other data points? I get the domestic vs. international F thing but the website just says 'First'.

Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Forgive me if this has been already stated somewhere in this thread, but if I'm on a domestic UA F flight, would that entitle me to get into the F area of the lounge? I'm aware I can get into the biz/*G area via my UA/TK *G status, was just wondering about the F section as the website is very non-specific, saying:

"First Class boarding pass holders are welcome to use the exclusive First Class Lounge."

(on http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...ge-los-angeles)

I'd assume that means international but was curious. Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA
UPDATE: Was told I couldn't enter the First section because 'I wasn't flying with us'. 'Us' being ambiguous. Any other data points? I get the domestic vs. international F thing but the website just says 'First'.
Did they let you into the regular section? I've never been in the F section but one of the staff said the regular section is much roomier.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Did they let you into the regular section? I've never been in the F section but one of the staff said the regular section is much roomier.
They did. Was keen to check out the F section because they have a la carte dining and I've got 4 hours till my next flight so a decent meal would've gone down well. I might check again to see - could've just been a bad agent (I'm guessing they don't get a lot of domestic pax doing this sort of thing )
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:27 pm

Was able to get in with a different agent guarding the biz/*G lounge. Its nice in here! Small, yes, but food was decent and its a lot quieter than the bigger lounge area.

They did. Was keen to check out the F section because they have a la carte dining and I've got 4 hours till my next flight so a decent meal would've gone down well. I might check again to see - could've just been a bad agent (I'm guessing they don't get a lot of domestic pax doing this sort of thing )
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You were properly denied access. *A F lounge access requires a departing flight in International first class:

• Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International First Class on a Star Alliance flight
  • Customer must be departing from the local airport in International First Class

*A Lounge Access Policy

Was able to get in with a different agent guarding the biz/*G lounge.
Let's hope they put a stop to that.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You were properly denied access. *A F lounge access requires a departing flight in International first class:

• Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International First Class on a Star Alliance flight
  • Customer must be departing from the local airport in International First Class

*A Lounge Access Policy

Let's hope they put a stop to that.
Thanks for the feedback. Didn't see the expanded access policy. It'd be helpful if they published that on the main lounge page, especially for an airport like LAX where you can access any terminal with a same day BP.

Last edited by ElliottMB; Aug 17, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I was playing around on the star alliance lounge finder.

I've switched over to UA recently and am only star silver, A3 Gold but crediting to UA and it's a bit of an issue to switch numbers multiple times now.

I'm thinking about buying a United Club Membership. The lounge finder tool said this qualifies for the Star Alliance lounge - that's correct, right?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite | Marriott Platinum | Southwest A-List Preferred | AA Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
I was playing around on the star alliance lounge finder.

I've switched over to UA recently and am only star silver, A3 Gold but crediting to UA and it's a bit of an issue to switch numbers multiple times now.

I'm thinking about buying a United Club Membership. The lounge finder tool said this qualifies for the Star Alliance lounge - that's correct, right?
Yup! Just day passes are UC only, but membership covers all *G lounges AFAIK
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
This note from *A says the lounge is "accessible only by guests departing from this terminal." Has there been an actual recent policy change, or is this just a warning to avoid disappointing anyone with the logistical hurdles and time needed to enter TBIT? (I'm asking as a *G who will be flying international J on Copa soon with a long LAX layover.)
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
This note from *A says the lounge is "accessible only by guests departing from this terminal."
That PDF file is dated October 1, 2013, which is about a week after the lounge opened. I'll let you draw your own conclusions
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by docbert
That PDF file is dated October 1, 2013, which is about a week after the lounge opened. I'll let you draw your own conclusions
And at that time, it was 100% accurate, since you couldn't get through TBIT security without a BP showing a TBIT departure until LAX changed that rule last year.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Ha, good catch! I guess I got paranoid with the QF/OW TBIT drama that's been unfolding, and the fact that the *A letter was never discussed on this thread (unless I missed it).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.