Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Can you stay airside in TBIT after clearing CBP when arriving internationally? ...
No, but there is a lightly used transit facility accessed from landside on the arrivals level at TBIT. This has recently opened.

Assuming you have your BP for the outbound flight from LAX (and have done bag drop if necessary), turn right after entering the arrivals hall.

More here from a post on the AA forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27013258

Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:11 pm

Anyone try to get in recently on just domestic F (non *G)?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Anyone try to get in recently on just domestic F (non *G)?
Domestic First will not work without *G.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA
Just to update the AA bus situation, I no longer take or recommend it. The service was good initially but lately its taken 25-30 minutes to get to TBIT on the bus. The problem lies in the frequency at which AA runs them. Initially it was every 5 minutes or so, now its up to 10-15 minutes for a T4/T6 bus.

I did the walk today and it was only about 5 minutes slower than if I perfectly timed an AA bus.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:59 am

Has anyone gone in the last month and seen anything besides teriyaki salmon?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Access to the LAX Star Alliance Lounge was granted to us, even when departing on a domestic flight on SkyWest Airlines metal from Terminal 8.
SkyWest Airlines is not a Star Alliance member.
TSA at Tom Bradley International Airport will let you pass security, however, they will ask you if you just do it because of the lounge. But this question is simply out of courtesy.

I wrote a little trip report on FT about my experience in the LAX Star Alliance Lounge, including the long airside walk between TBIT and the United Club in Terminal 7.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ited-club.html
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by warakorn
Access to the LAX Star Alliance Lounge was granted to us, even when departing on a domestic flight on SkyWest Airlines metal from Terminal 8.
SkyWest Airlines is not a Star Alliance member.
OO metal is 100% irrelevant. The flight was operated as a wetlease to UA(X), which is a Star Alliance member.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
OO metal is 100% irrelevant. The flight was operated as a wetlease to UA(X), which is a Star Alliance member.
We know that know, but we were still worried.
We come from Europe and I don't want to start with the Lufthansa/Eurowings or Swiss/Edelweiss mess, when it comes to lounge access.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by warakorn
We know that know, but we were still worried.
We come from Europe and I don't want to start with the Lufthansa/Eurowings or Swiss/Edelweiss mess, when it comes to lounge access.
It's quite simple really.

EW/E2/WK/4U are not Star Alliance carriers, so Star Alliance lounge access is only applicable if they are operating flights on wetlease basis on behalf of a *A member.

The Star Alliance rules are very easy and clear with no exceptions. What Miles & More (and MieagePlus on bilateral basis) allow has no bearing on *A rules.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class

As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight.
So what about a UA Gold having a domestic-only UA itinerary from LAX? Not getting into UA Club for sure, but what about the TBIT *A lounge?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
So what about a UA Gold having a domestic-only UA itinerary from LAX? Not getting into UA Club for sure, but what about the TBIT *A lounge?
You can get in with that.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
As mentioned above, you can get in but allow time for the long walk from T7/8 to TBIT.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:51 pm

With the new SQ flight departing at 10am, does the lounge open any earlier now?

To answer my own question, after DST ended the lounge opens at 6:15 every day now. Thanks SQ.

Last edited by thejaredhuang; Nov 9, 2016 at 10:06 am
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:11 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
No. Star alliance lounges are departure lounges. You will be able to access the *A business class lounge based on your AC departure.
I'm flying into LAX in OZ F and out to PHX on UA in Y. I need a lounge for the day to get some work done before the connecting flight.

I no longer have any *A status. Sounds like I can't do the *A First or even *A Business lounge, correct?

I have a Priority Pass Select via Amex Cent - what are my best options? KAL Lounge in TBIT? TIA!

Last edited by b8b; Nov 13, 2016 at 10:17 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by b8b
I no longer have any *A status. Sounds like I can't do the *A First or even *A Business lounge, correct?
Correct.

Originally Posted by b8b
I have a Priority Pass Select via Amex Cent - what are my best options? KAL Lounge in TBIT? TIA!
Probably. At least you can connect airside to T7/8, which you can't do from T2 (AC) or T3 (VX).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.