Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Yes.. this is what I thought.. This is a real shame for United then as there are zero options for showering at LAX coming in from Asia/Australia at the moment.
Never have been any showers at LAX for UA!!!!mWhich is why we always flew from Australia to JFK via SFO which is a decent airport - after my experience in Septemebr with the schlepp to the Star Gold lounge at LAX when flying United I decided to make all my trans-continental American Airlines!!!! No Newark and No LAX!!!!! These must be both the worst airports on the face of this planet in a supposedly first world country!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but anyone know what the plan is for the *A lounge at TBIT now that they're planning on moving AV over there?

Avianca has some pretty late night departures and, if memory serves, the lounge closes pretty early. Wondering if anyone knows if they plan to keep it open later once that move happens (I believe I read that the Latin American carriers are moving over to TBIT by this May once Delta moves into T2/T3)
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA
I don't know what your definition of early is but the lounge currently closes sometime after midnight, IIRC there are a few Asian flights that depart around 1AM.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
I believe the lounge closes around midnight. The AV flight(s) leave around 2 AM. That's a big gap.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by filmwill
I believe the lounge closes around midnight. The AV flight(s) leave around 2 AM. That's a big gap.
Lounge currently closes at 12:45am, considering that Avianca currently departs from T2 and there is no airside connector to T2...

Last edited by thejaredhuang; Jan 27, 2017 at 10:42 am
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Lounge currently closes at 12:45am, considering that Avianca currently departs from T2 and there is no airside connector to T2...
The current last *A flight seems to be CA PEK, 0140 PDT (Mar-Nov).
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
The current last *A flight seems to be CA PEK, 0140 PDT (Mar-Nov).
I spoke with someone at the lounge today to get that closing time. It does seem early for a flight leaving at 0140. It's probably the time they stop letting people in while they kick people out closer to 1.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:53 pm

It does seem early for a flight leaving at 0140.
I agree. And if the AV flight leaves at 2 AM, then that's extra early to close.

Anyone know specifically if they're either going to extend their hours once they have an even later flight than the CA flight?

Or, if anyone does get another chance to speak to someone in the lounge...would be great to know if they have a hard close at 12:45 or if it's a "last call" as suggested.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:54 pm

I agree. And if the AV flight leaves at 2 AM, then that's extra early to close.

Anyone know specifically if they're either going to extend their hours once they have an even later flight than the CA flight?

Or, if anyone does get another chance to speak to someone in the lounge...would be great to know if they have a hard close at 12:45 or if it's a "last call" as suggested.
As I said before AV departs from T2, I really don't think they're catering to that flight.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:39 am

As I said before AV departs from T2, I really don't think they're catering to that flight.
Have you read anything I've written? Once Delta takes over gates in T2 in May, it's well-published knowledge that AV and the other T2 LatAM carriers are all moving to TBIT. So, yes, as a *A partner, AV will, indeed, very much be (as of end of May/early June) the official latest flight out of TBIT.

Don't know why we're arguing over this. Just trying to get info.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:24 am

Don't know why we're arguing over this. Just trying to get info.
You're right, my last post on this subject:

Its pretty obvious that the lounge adjusts their opening and closing times to suit flights that are leaving out of TBIT. For example when SQ11 was added the lounge began to open around 630 for a 9am departure. I'm sure once AV finally moves into TBIT the lounge will accommodate them.

On a side note, I was there for breakfast over the weekend and it was positively empty due to CNY. It was a great experience. Current breakfast selections are: pork sausage, egg white, scrambled eggs, chicken congee, spinach and mushroom quiche.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
*A Lounge LAX Access Q

I am arriving to LAX via Asiana F and connecting to AC J. Will I have access to the F sections of the *A lounge?

thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mimo123
I am arriving to LAX via Asiana F and connecting to AC J. Will I have access to the F sections of the *A lounge?
No. J lounge only.

Also, there is no airside connection between TBIT and T2, where AC is located.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Its pretty obvious that the lounge adjusts their opening and closing times to suit flights that are leaving out of TBIT. For example when SQ11 was added the lounge began to open around 630 for a 9am departure. I'm sure once AV finally moves into TBIT the lounge will accommodate them.
I'm not sure that's a safe assumption. It likely depends on the carrier and whether they're willing to pick up extra cost of longer hours. SQ generally makes sure its premium pax have a premium lounge available. AV not so much.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Apologies if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but anyone know what the plan is for the *A lounge at TBIT now that they're planning on moving AV over there?

Avianca has some pretty late night departures and, if memory serves, the lounge closes pretty early. Wondering if anyone knows if they plan to keep it open later once that move happens (I believe I read that the Latin American carriers are moving over to TBIT by this May once Delta moves into T2/T3)
I'll let you know later this week. I am on the AV flight departing from TBIT now that they've moved departures to the TBIT at LAX. The departure is scheduled for 2:30AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.