Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Does anyone have the experience of enter TSA through TBIT AND having a T7 UA bc?
I know that LAX airport authorities says that you can do that, but does anyone know if works it IRL also (own experience)? Seems sometimes TSA lives their own life
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by MR_C_Class
Does anyone have the experience of enter TSA through TBIT AND having a T7 UA bc?
I know that LAX airport authorities says that you can do that, but does anyone know if works it IRL also (own experience)? Seems sometimes TSA lives their own life
It doesn't matter. I travel with UA almost weekly and enter via T4 almost 60% of the time if I want to go to a TBIT lounge (Pre check exists in T4 but not in TBIT). Never been stopped or questioned once.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I will have United flights next week two legs LAX-SFO in first then SFO-HND in business same day and I’m UA Platinum, I’m not sure whether I’m allowed to *A lounge in LAX TBIT?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by tomwhom
I will have United flights next week two legs LAX-SFO in first then SFO-HND in business same day and I’m UA Platinum, I’m not sure whether I’m allowed to *A lounge in LAX TBIT?
Yes you'll be allowed in, you can be on a non-rev seat for every flight and it wouldn't matter since you have Premier Plat (*G) on United.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Yes you'll be allowed in, you can be on a non-rev seat for every flight and it wouldn't matter since you have Premier Plat (*G) on United.
Thanks for quick reply and this is domestic to international! What about the other way around, next January I will fly NH first from NRT to LAX then UA LAX-SFO, am I allowed into TBIT *A lounge with this itinerary?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by tomwhom
Thanks for quick reply and this is domestic to international! What about the other way around, next January I will fly NH first from NRT to LAX then UA LAX-SFO, am I allowed into TBIT *A lounge with this itinerary?
Yup, although it will be kind of hassle if you have to deal with bags. I'm not sure if there is a domestic recheck in TBIT for UA yet. Either way you'll have to clear immigration, collect your bags, maybe check them in T7/8 if you want to, and then go back to TBIT.

On both your itineraries you should have INTL on your BP which should actually get you into the UA club as well even on the way back from NRT.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:44 am

Can someone tell me, IF there is a Transfer/recheck in for domestic (UA) in TBIT (after CBP of course ;-) ? or do you need to take all your luggage to T7 and check it in there?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:54 pm

Yup, although it will be kind of hassle if you have to deal with bags. I'm not sure if there is a domestic recheck in TBIT for UA yet. Either way you'll have to clear immigration, collect your bags, maybe check them in T7/8 if you want to, and then go back to TBIT.

On both your itineraries you should have INTL on your BP which should actually get you into the UA club as well even on the way back from NRT.
Thanks again! BTW, I have only carry on bag no checked bag.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm not sure if there is a domestic recheck in TBIT for UA yet.
There definitely is in the early morning hours when the 2 UA flights from Australia land, however I have no idea if this continues all day or just until those passengers have cleared immigration/customs in TBIT.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
There definitely is in the early morning hours when the 2 UA flights from Australia land, however I have no idea if this continues all day or just until those passengers have cleared immigration/customs in TBIT.
An informed LAX employee told me that it only exists for those 2 flights, no reclaim for any other time.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
An informed LAX employee told me that it only exists for those 2 flights, no reclaim for any other time.
I flew HND-LAX-EWR last year (NH connecting to UA, landed about 5pm) and there were recheck counters at TBIT where I could drop my bags off after CBP for the UA flight. They seemed to be generic counters and not manned by UA but the guys there just scanned the bag tags (NH tagged them through to EWR) and my bags made the UA flight fine (although they were the last to be loaded on the plane, saw the baggage handlers bring them across the tarmac from my window seat after everyone had boarded lol).

So probably if your bags are already tagged through to your final destination you can drop them off at TBIT and there's no need to bring everything to T7. But since I didn't notice any UA reps at the recheck area I'm not sure if you can do it if your bags aren't already tagged to your final destination/if there are any issues with them.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:38 pm

Anyone who recently has flew Europe- LAX (UA)- Hawaii, with bags tagged through to Hawaii and who has experience if there still exists "generic counters"...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 pm

To clarify, TBIT has UA staff only for the SYD/MEL flights to handle ticket issues.

However throughout the day there will be contracted staff that will accept baggage. If your bag is tagged correctly in Europe, you will be fine. If your Europe-LAX had a delay or if you missed your UA flight the Europe-LA airline has staff there to assist.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:08 am

Is there now dedicated transit security? i.e. arriving midday internationally and connecting to a domestic UA flight, is there transit security? If not, is it fastest to go to Precheck in a different terminal and come back to TBIT, or go straight through normal TBIT security?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum. 1MM IHG Platinum. National EE. Hertz PC
If I fly PVG to LAX in Y and then LAX to PHX in F - Can I access the LAX *A First lounge?

Technically I'll be a *A F flyer but I don't suspect that is in line with what the First lounge is for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.