Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR2.0 Login Problems - Solutions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by scott_w
I can't get in to see where I found it exactly, but this morning I was able to get on for a minute and I remember going to one of those drop down things at the bottom and there was a clickable ? mark with "where are my old credits" or something like that next to it. I clicked the ? and it did show my old remaining credits on a horizontal line numbered 1 to 16 and told me how many points I needed to top off the credits for a standard award.
Thanks for the info! I just went to log back in to check and of course the site's down again. Smooth move WN...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Originally Posted by julielou2
Southwest.com just wasn't prepared for all of you people who wanted to see all the thousands of points you now have. Is looking at your thousands of points on the first day of RR 2.0 really going to make you feel better?
Actually, some of us are trying to make reservations using our Rapid Reward credits. The system has now been down, for that purpose , since early Sunday morning. Yes, for part of that time we could presumably have called SWA, if we wanted to put up with the wait, but I have a preference for looking at all flight options and then deciding which best suits my travel needs, rather than having times quoted to me over the phone.

I cannot imagine that the "many" Flyertalk participants could bring down the system. What happens to website usage volume when SWA announces the $25/$50 sales for January and February each year? Given the questionable recent changes on the website to make it slower (more advertising), less intuitive and less user friendly, I can imagine that design flaws or other similar issues are at fault.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by jkburns1
We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.
Was on the phone with tired CSR and asked when they expect system to be fully functioning. The reply was: "unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet".
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List and CP, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver
My most recent error message was:

breadcrumbs.

haha

Last edited by liz4153; Mar 1, 2011 at 9:37 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:49 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Wow, I just got past the RR#/password page for the first time to see:

Make it Easier to Sign In Next Time

and the required:

Username and Security Questions

How is it possible that SWA IT is able to keep on surprising me with the magnitude of their incompetence?

How about just making it possible for me to sign in today, without worrying about making it "easier" next time?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Originally Posted by liz4153
My most recent error message was:

breadcrumbs.

haha
I got the breadcrumbs message and then on my next attempt was able to log on. It says I have 6 old credits, but I think I should have 12 (Unfortunately, I didnt think to take a screenshot or see the recommendation until I couldnt log on to the old site )
Can I call about this?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:04 pm

Should be ashamed to be part of this fiasco

I was an IT professional for over 40 years. I would NEVER have allowed my staff to go "live" with this abomination of a system. This is a disgrace to the profession. If I had worked on this project I would be embarrassed to admit it. Yes, there are always problems, but I can honestly say, I have never, in over 40 years, seen anything like this.
Implementations like this one are the reason that all the RR members are trying to check their accounts. They do not trust the "geeks" to do the job correctly. Does anyone associated with this project blame the RR members for questioning the accuracy of their accounts and the other modules in the system. It's quite obvious that the system does not work!

GVretirdguy
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by scott_w
I can't get in to see where I found it exactly, but this morning I was able to get on for a minute and I remember going to one of those drop down things at the bottom and there was a clickable ? mark with "where are my old credits" or something like that next to it. I clicked the ? and it did show my old remaining credits on a horizontal line numbered 1 to 16 and told me how many points I needed to top off the credits for a standard award.
The old credit balance is found under the "My Rapid Rewards" section on the right hand column, not the "My Rapid Rewards" tab in the main navigation area.

That same section also houses the link to book a companion ticket, something I spent a good 15 minutes looking for today.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:24 pm

After trying for more than 12 hours, I finally can get into my account and see RR balances/activity. Unfortunately, a transfer of points eight days ago from SPG to RR is not yet reflected in the balance. At least I have SPG confirmation of transfer to RR, with date and total number of points transferred, as well as screenshot of my RR account, before the transition.

My Travel tab shows past flight activity.

Last edited by mke9499; Mar 1, 2011 at 10:58 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
All,

Please read the newspaper from AZ Central. I heard the situations going on in PHX tonight and lots of those passengers who missed the flight due to computer outages. They resume flight around 8pm this evening. That's why lots of those passengers is struck at airports due to computer outages today. So here the links:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...es-glitch.html

They are always welcomes to rebooked for next available trip sometimes in the future without penalties restrictions.

Thanks all.

Regards
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I got in earlier today and got my security questions done.

So...now I needed to log in to verify my trip this weekend....and I can't see ANY OF MY FREAKIN RESERVATIONS online. where are they? who knows? maybe I should call up and ask....oh...there's a 24 - 39 minute wait time.

Can you morons PLEASE fire some of the retards in your IT department?
--

edited to add.....I think that this is getting so bad that they're going to have to backtrack....that is assuming that there is a FULL BACKUP of everything from before the "epic fail changeover". Guys...just fall back and hire some experts to do it right. You obviouslly don't know what you're doing.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Trying to log in all day...now get a different message

"The Username/Account Number and/or Password are incorrect."

Been working fine for the past thirteen years. Til now.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
No problem logging in now.

Unfortunately, now the reservation part is broken. I tried to make a reservation and got 'an undefined error'. Suggested I call. Yea. right.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Wow, I was able to login from the OZ lounge in ICN. ^

I'm an A-.

Tried to see where my CP was...is it under "My RR?" Erroring out now.

Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
2AM PST... Can't login.. says username and password are wrong.. doubtful.. and I also get an error when going to the page for lost passwords. Phone hold time estimate is 24 to 35 minutes.
So much for IMPROVEMENTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.