Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR2.0 Login Problems - Solutions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The biggest sales trigger about 3x traffic on the site.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Originally Posted by ftnoob
The biggest sales trigger about 3x traffic on the site.
only 3x volume? even the 30/60/90 sales that always cause them to apologize and disable features like rapid rewards login?b
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:54 pm

2.0 Problems

Looks like Southwest brought in some top talent from US Airways' IT staff to lead this implementation.

Here is what they are thinking right now: "Wanna get away?"
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by uwfballfan
Looks like Southwest brought in some top talent from US Airways' IT staff to lead this implementation.

Here is what they are thinking right now: "Wanna get away?"
LOL. Best line of the day. Well said.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:59 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just got in!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I just got in!

+1.....except that when I click on My Account, I get the following error message:

We are currently unable to complete your request. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

Last edited by mke9499; Mar 1, 2011 at 3:20 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Locked out again.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by SWABrian
I know you are frustrated, and I am sorry.
Well, while I'm sure you wish today wasn't happening, I know what it's like to be on the wrong end of an upgrade, and hope y'all well over there.

... but that being said- forgive me, but I can't resist-

I know what you guys were waiting for this weekend when you shut the site down prepping for this upgrade, and I just wanted to tell you:

... that it's here.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SWABrian
hey everyone,
I know you are frustrated, and I am sorry. I wish I had an update but I don't, and I apologize for that. It is all hands on deck with our Technology and Marketing folks. But I know that's little consolation. If I hear something, I will share.
All hands on deck from the "Marketing folks" ? good grief what are they doing? The only one we've seen was SWAbrian...

Maybe the marketing folks are making runs to the galley for energy drinks to keep the IT folks going.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by Wingrider
All hands on deck from the "Marketing folks" ? good grief what are they doing? The only one we've seen was SWAbrian...

Maybe the marketing folks are making runs to the galley for energy drinks to keep the IT folks going.
hope they don't try and redeem drink coupons for those energy drinks. I still have weekly issues in that department. Even after explaining the difference between specialty and non-specialty coupons, the RBF's, and multiple corporate announcements (blog).

Once I was even withheld after a flight regarding "access/possession of internal Southwest documents" (because of me mentioning the RBF's).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by bon95
hope they don't try and redeem drink coupons for those energy drinks. I still have weekly issues in that department. Even after explaining the difference between specialty and non-specialty coupons, the RBF's, and multiple corporate announcements (blog).

Once I was even withheld after a flight regarding "access/possession of internal Southwest documents" (because of me mentioning the RBF's).
Marketing drink tickets should not be transferrable to IT folks. After all, credits are not transferrable!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by bon95
Hilarious.

I suppose the'd detain me after flight as well--not only have I heard about the RBF on flyertalk, I also sometimes read the SWA employee magazine because it's sitting in a garbage can near the gate. It's much more interesting than the spirit mag. Pre flight dispatch reports are often discarded as well (presumably drafts) so I glance over them. Kind of cool to know what's going on with the aircraft etc.

I bet southwest's contract writers would have loved to have a SLA with their IT provider with 10x damages for every minute of downtime. Think of it like a fuel hedge for IT.

A welcomed A-List preferred member benefit would be to turn off advertising on their websit when logged in, including on online boarding passes.

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:03 pm

I'm In

Finally got in.

Chose my username and Security Questions.

All of my Account information transferred over properly (A-List, existing Standard Awards, leftover flight credit).

Happy now.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: SWA Companion, Airtran A+, United Premier, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis First
Just worked for me as I picked a username, got in to the main page, saw my status (A-list preferred - as expected), saw my award progress (3000 miles left), current rewards were accurate, and saw my companion pass info (awarded, but not specified yet).

The only hitches were:
1) Combining my "traveler" section profile bombed after 30 seconds, but I'm not a frequenter to their discussion boards/etc..
2) Upcoming trips were down (not flying out until Thursday this week)
3) Past trips section seems slow to load but got there after 20 seconds on a super-fast connection (server overload)?

Still, wasn't expecting the site to be up until tomorrow given the note from last week, so I'm just viewing it as a bonus. I'm sure as I explore through it I'll find some other bugs/issues, but so far so good.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I got in, too. A+ List! ... but why am I 48% of the way back to qualifying again, when I'm 8(? 6?) segments past my 2nd qualifier?

I guess they reset the calendar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.