Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Finally Sixt at LAX! Rented a Cadillac ATS for their special rate ($39/day or something like that) and was upgraded to an A6 (had a choice between A6 and XTS).

Rental counter is in the Renaissance Hotel pas the check in desk. There was no wait this morning a 7am. The CSR was pleasant. Probably in and out in about 5-10 minutes. Would def rent there again.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:35 pm
Suspended

I rented a camaro convertible from Sixt at LAX last week.

positive points:
- it was a very new (<4000 mi) camaro convertible
- very reasonable rate

negative points:
- shuttle to/from airport runs very infrequently and was jam packed
- getting the car took longer than it should have. compared with Avis, Hertz, Dollar, where i just jump in a car and i'm off, i had to wait and wait and wait to get my car.
- getting out of the parking lot was a PITA. there is nobody at the gate and I was just told to ring the call button on the ticket machine. Nobody answered the call button for about 10 minutes and I just sat there. This is really dumb.
- no recognition of Platinum status
- and finally, this is not Sixt's fault but they should warn people renting a camaro convertible that you can either put a suitcase in the trunk OR put the top down but you cannot do both!!! Considering that most people renting at this location are tourists AND tourists usually have suitcases THEN most of the people renting this car at this location have suitcases and can't open the top. why did i pay for a convertible when i was never able to open the top???

barring some amazing deal, I would not rent from Sixt at LAX again. Just way too much hassle.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:19 pm

Sounds like from reports that getting on the shuttle is a pain.

Is getting to the renaissance hotel walkable from TBIT? or getting a cab as an option?

Google maps tells me it is a 30min walk but would like to hear real world experiences!

Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bergsey

Is getting to the renaissance hotel walkable from TBIT? or getting a cab as an option?

Google maps tells me it is a 30min walk but would like to hear real world experiences!

Thanks
I'm familiar with both locations and have experience driving the distance, but not walking it. It is a longish walk, especially after a long flight and/or with luggage.

Parking Lot C and the LAX City Bus Center are about a block away from the Renaissance. You can take the airport's C shuttle and walk the rest of the way.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bergsey

Thanks
You could walk and 30 min sounds about right but I wouldn't do it, especially if I had a suitcase or even small carry on.
As Missing Persons sang, "nobody walks in LA."
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BenSenise
As Missing Persons sang, "nobody walks in LA."
If you subscribe to that old adage, you haven't been here in a long, long time.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:34 pm

I'm Sixt Platinum, trying to rent a car at LAX. Is there a guarantee of an upgrade? Ultimately I'd like to end up with a CLA/2er, so it doesn't make sense for me to overpay to get it...what should I book to be in with a shout of getting it?

Last edited by highlanderfil; Dec 20, 2014 at 8:28 am
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TWA884
If you subscribe to that old adage, you haven't been here in a long, long time.
i was just there two weeks ago!

kidding aside, people do walk more today than they did 30 years ago. when i lived there in the 70s/80s, people would get in their cars to go a few blocks.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:28 pm

Convertible options?

I booked a "standard convertible" at LAX with sixt during March 2015. I was just wondering what fleet do they have for standard convertibles... what am i most likely to get or what choice will i have? Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Couple interesting selections available online:

Rolls Royce Ghost: $1,237/day
Tesla Model S: $332.39/day
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
Couple interesting selections available online:

Rolls Royce Ghost: $1,237/day
Tesla Model S: $332.39/day
Just saw this....would love to drive a Rolls for a day but....$1200.....
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:53 am

confusing info about car types

We are flying in next Sat and wont be arriving until evening, but have reserved an LFAR so am hoping for at least the Cadillac

has anyone rented an LFAR recently? what did you get?

We were in Florida last year and had a Mercedes GLX for LFAR and loved it!

Last edited by grenuy; Jan 30, 2015 at 8:09 am
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:00 pm

Going to LAX and then roundtrip around Cali + Vegas and a bit of Arizona

Are there any troubles with traveling to other states?

Sixt prices are really good but am a bit troubled by bad reviews on yelp and other reviewsites..

I am considering
Mercedes C-Class (L-Car)
BMW M5 (XCAR)
Toyota Scion(SSAR)

What are the worst case scenarios for these categories, what car will i most likely end up with.

Also heard Sixt holds quite a bit of money for the rental on your card is this true?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:43 am

Sixt at LAX- SFAR cars

Hi,

I have booked SFAR (Ford Explorer, Hyundai, Volvo XC70, Chevrolet Traverse) for a two week trip from Sixt LAX. Was wondering what they had in there fleet there and what my options may be. Was hoping for the new Ford or Chevy Traverse...

Also would all of the cars in this category be big enough for 4 people, 4 suitcases and 4 hand luggage suitcases?

Thanks in advance
Kish

Last edited by kishanvaja; Feb 22, 2015 at 12:42 am Reason: Change of title for giving more information
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:26 am

Hi, has anyone picked up a PFAR or LFAR recently at LAX? What was on offer?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.