Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Has anyone actually received the Mercedes CLA for a PCAR reservation at LAX? I have a PCAR reservation this week and am scared I will get the Hyundai
I didn't see any there when I went, but the new Hyundai Genesis actually looks pretty nice from the outside. Wouldn't be a terrible car to get, IMO. Better than a Volvo.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:07 am

Renting ECAR from LAX Sixt on Thursday. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: *G
I went from ECAR -> FCAR as plat, friend went from ECAR->PCAR, no status. I'm below 25, but according to a very very nice and friendly employee my age had no impact on this. And that my friend got a bigger upgrade was not meant as a rant, was very pleasently surprised, except for comparing fuel economy for ECAR and FCAR
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by studentCPH
I went from ECAR -> FCAR as plat, friend went from ECAR->PCAR, no status. I'm below 25, but according to a very very nice and friendly employee my age had no impact on this. And that my friend got a bigger upgrade was not meant as a rant, was very pleasently surprised, except for comparing fuel economy for ECAR and FCAR
What car did you get as an FCAR?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
What car did you get as an FCAR?
camry
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Late report, but a month ago booked a PCAR (like many others, expecting a CLA). Upon arrival got to the booth which was staffed by 3 very out of it looking women, by which i mean they were all reclining and texting away on their phones. Was told i was being given a volvo S60, when i pushed for why i wasnt given a CLA she told me they dont even stock them. Of course i got a bit irritated that they use it as the display car for the rental category, the girl gave me this eye roll look that just screamed 'this is just a paycheck, i dont care about it' look. She reluctantly then said she 'guessed' she could upgrade me to a BMW 3 series. Mind you im plat so shouldn't i have been upgraded ALREADY?

Get to the lot and see a sea of BMW 3s, 5s, Audi A4/A6/A8s, Benz E classes. All MUCH better cars, so I asked the rep upstairs about switching to one of them, she told me that as they had already 'waived the upgrade fee for my BMW' anything else she would have to charge me for.....waived the upgrade fee?? As i only needed the car for about 8 hours that day and clearly no one at this location cared i just took the 3 and left.

Naturally i got the survey email and voiced all this to them, and the rep replied that she was sorry to hear about it, and that sometimes they cant upgrade customers when inventory is so low. Clearly that rep didnt even read the part where i outlined the full lot of nicer cars, all of which were still sitting there when i returned that evening.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:23 pm

Reserved LCAR for a week at the middle of this month. What car am I likely to get? ATS? 3er? Also am I allowed to drive the car from LA to LAS?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Had a great experience here. Booked an FCAR for 10 days and prepaid. Arrived to pick up car at 0800 on a Fri and was dreading a long queue. No wait at all. Didn't need to do any paperwork, just 1 electronic signature. She didn't say that they had no FCARs left, but offered me a minivan, an A3 or a Volvo S60. Took the Volvo and it was great.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:57 am

Hi,
I am planning to rent a car at Sixt next July for three weeks for a canyon tour. I am thinking about IFAR or SFAR. What kind of cars are there? Any experiences?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
So I had a PCAR reservation hoping for the Mercedes CLA. However they claimed none were available..neither were BMW, Volvo, or Audi ...so I got a cadillac.

I got the feeling they don't stock, or very limited amounts of Mercedes/BMW/Volvo PCARS. I did see a few of these cars in two door on the lot, but not the 4 doors PCAR. If they are going to advertised the Mercedes CLA then they need to stock them in reasonable numbers. One Sixt worker told me they had one CLA but it was being reserved for another customer.

I would not rent a PCAR from Six LAX and expect a European car...odds are heavy you will receive a Hyundai or Cadillac.

Also it should be known that apparently they don't stock all the cars at this parking garage connected to the Renaissance hotel. For the Cadillac we had to wait 25 minutes for them to retrieve the car from another remote lot.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:56 am

So I had a PCAR reservation hoping for the Mercedes CLA. However they claimed none were available..neither were BMW, Volvo, or Audi ...so I got a cadillac.

I got the feeling they don't stock, or very limited amounts of Mercedes/BMW/Volvo PCARS. I did see a few of these cars in two door on the lot, but not the 4 doors PCAR. If they are going to advertised the Mercedes CLA then they need to stock them in reasonable numbers. One Sixt worker told me they had one CLA but it was being reserved for another customer.

I would not rent a PCAR from Six LAX and expect a European car...odds are heavy you will receive a Hyundai or Cadillac.

Also it should be known that apparently they don't stock all the cars at this parking garage connected to the Renaissance hotel. For the Cadillac we had to wait 25 minutes for them to retrieve the car from another remote lot.
Is it an ATS? With leather seats or leatherette?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by senna60_94
Is it an ATS? With leather seats or leatherette?
It was a cadillac ATS...I didnt really pay attention to the seats...they seemed leather I have no idea the difference between leather and leatherette nor did i care. (I live in NYC and haven't owned a car since 2007 )

I just found it a little misleading to advertise all those European PCARs but not really seeming to have them in stock.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:47 am

It was a cadillac ATS...I didnt really pay attention to the seats...they seemed leather I have no idea the difference between leather and leatherette nor did i care. (I live in NYC and haven't owned a car since 2007 )

I just found it a little misleading to advertise all those European PCARs but not really seeming to have them in stock.
If I were u I would have grabbed the keys to the ATS & ran out of the door without asking any questions. U were upgraded from a PCAR to LCAR & trust me, those Merc CLAs & Audi A3s are nothing special. I can tell u a VW Golf beats a CLA in all aspects (maybe not the exterior styling) & the Audi A3 is just a Golf in fancy dress.
It's true that they don't have any American brands for PCAR but for LCAR they have ATS in the fleet (the others are C-class, Audi A4 & BMW 3er).
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:33 pm

Hi there, i'm looking at hiring a car from Sixt LAX in April next year for a round CA road trip (28 days).

The makes/models are slightly different to where i live, any suggestions? Needs to have enough space for 2 adults, 2 kids and at least 3 suitcases.

Given we are doing over 1000 miles of driving i'm keen to get something comfortable, i've been looking at either LCAR or PFAR categories.

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I rented at LAX last week. Contrary to previous reports, everyone at pick-up and drop-off was extremely friendly.

Had a PCAR reservation and was offered a BMW 228, Volvo S60, or (for $10/day more) an Audi A4. Took the BMW coupe and was very happy. Sixt's rates were great too - Avis and Hertz always want well over $100/day for any decent foreign car, but I got a well-outfitted BMW for the same price Avis would have charged to put me in some awful, high mileage Chevy wind-up car with no features. Sixt also charges slightly less for liability insurance than Avis (can't figure out how much Hertz charges), which is good since it's a daily charge (and required in CA for those of us who don't have car insurance otherwise).

I arrived on foot, but took the shuttle from the Renaissance back. The shuttle situation is not great - it was totally full and you have to stop at another hotel on the way to the airport. That wouldn't stop me from renting with Sixt again, but you need to build in extra time for the stop, and the fact that the shuttle only runs a couple times an hour. An older couple on the shuttle took a 10:30 shuttle for an 11:30 flight and were sweating it the whole way (they arrived at the Delta terminal around 10:50).

Looking forward to renting with Sixt again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.