Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:08 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I hadn't rented at Sixt in years because their service had gone way downhill and never offering a meaningful upgrade for Platinums, not to mention what were always bare bones trimmed cars.

Well, this week I needed a car at LAX and a 4 series coupe was cheaper than Hertz or National so I gave it a shot. The fleet looked super new with lots of high end cars and the rep that checked me in *insisted* that she had to find me a nice upgrade because I'm Platinum. Almost got an M4 but they weren't "cleared to rent" yet (brand new), so she gave me an 8 series gran coupe. Not bad at all. Hope this isn't a one-off!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
I hadn't rented at Sixt in years because their service had gone way downhill and never offering a meaningful upgrade for Platinums, not to mention what were always bare bones trimmed cars.

Well, this week I needed a car at LAX and a 4 series coupe was cheaper than Hertz or National so I gave it a shot. The fleet looked super new with lots of high end cars and the rep that checked me in *insisted* that she had to find me a nice upgrade because I'm Platinum. Almost got an M4 but they weren't "cleared to rent" yet (brand new), so she gave me an 8 series gran coupe. Not bad at all. Hope this isn't a one-off!
Great to hear the cars are brand new! If you had chance to see other ones XCAR, XFAR, how were they? Also new? And how was your rental for this time? Is it still base trim or any difference? Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Ohohoh
Great to hear the cars are brand new! If you had chance to see other ones XCAR, XFAR, how were they? Also new? And how was your rental for this time? Is it still base trim or any difference? Thanks!
I didn't really walk around that much, but they had a lot of BMWs, 4, 5, 7, 8 series. They even had a few G Wagons. Inventory looked much newer and more German skewed than in a long time.

And yes, the 8 series I have is fully loaded, with backup camera (They used to get those removed) and it even has the wireless phone charger built in + XM radio and BMW nav.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
I didn't really walk around that much, but they had a lot of BMWs, 4, 5, 7, 8 series. They even had a few G Wagons. Inventory looked much newer and more German skewed than in a long time.

And yes, the 8 series I have is fully loaded, with backup camera (They used to get those removed) and it even has the wireless phone charger built in + XM radio and BMW nav.
Wow! I hope I get lucky also! But as a Status Matched Plat, I will set my chance low.
MilesTalk likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:04 pm

Hi. My pick up day is getting near by, I am wondering if I use "select your vehicle" feature will eliminate the chance of upgrade. Should I not select the car?
Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:39 pm

Just returned my first Sixt LAX vehicle (X5). All their vehicles are brand new and their service is great.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by sillypainter
Just returned my first Sixt LAX vehicle (X5). All their vehicles are brand new and their service is great.
I am glad that your car was fine and had a nice service.

Actually, I returned mine also, but did not received the car we booked but been downgraded... without a refund/compensation. I consider x3 lower than a 5 series, as the car group shows, and the msrp shows, but they claim it is not a downgrade.
In the lot, there were couple X5, asked if x5 be an option, they said no because it is booked. Well, then where is my car booked? I would never recommend Sixt to others with this experience. They even did not apologized for the inconvenience.

Also later, they promised to provide a compensation of some sort, in a refund, but they never told the exact amount, even in estimated amount, and they said I will need to check with Sixt SFO(as it was one way) during return. Well, in SFO, the agent told us there are no changes in the charge. Nothing was done from LAX. This is seriously, not a good business practice.

For the condition of the car, this was another big disappointment. The car was quite used, mileage (if I remember properly) wise and condition wise. I am not fully sure about mileage so I will save my word here but I can definitely talk about the car's condition.

The car had scratches all around. The trunk area had biggest paint damage, which never felt good. Also, interior was not clean, especially near the door handle, and the windows. The door handle areas had a big dark stains, which really felt dirty, and the window was very dirty, most sides were stained, and while all the windows were dirty, the rear left window had a remnants of big sticky paper there which seemed like a paper sticker to new vehicle sometimes which is really disgusting for a premium vehicle.

For mechanical wise,the wiper fluid was low, the engine or some part related to driving made some weird noise. I am quite sure that it is not a normal sound as I own/owned couple bmw, including the x3, and I never heard it. With a barebone options, I really had a bad experience.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 9:00 pm

Anyone know the best way to handle a 7 hour late pickup?

long story short, I have a flight that gets in at 12:30 pm but may need to switch to one that gets in 7 hours later.

I won’t be able to edit the reservation that day since the price difference would be insane (for less time).

The Sixt website implies they will hold a post paid reservation only if you call, email, or file a ticket.

No idea what a ticket would even be, but does anyone know the best way to do this without losing the car or the rate?
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:41 pm

Just finished 28 day rental and had a great experience.

Booked XFAR and was offered an upgrade to BMW X7. Decided to stick with the X5 as didnt want something so big for parking in places like San Francisco. Car had 700 miles on the clock so basically brand new, returned it with over 3,000 miles.

Only drama was getting a screw in the tyre on Christmas day, runflats so had to take it into a shop the next day to get it plugged. Initially the Sixt call centre person wanted me to drive hundreds of miles to the nearest Sixt location to get it fixed but in the end agreed that i could get it done myself. Tire place did it for free so bought them some beers to say thanks!

Overall the Sixt experience was a lot better than when i rented previously in LAX when they were in the old location. Shuttle to the terminals was good as well, although traffic around LAX is a nightmare at the moment due to all of the roadworks and construction!
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Tried Sixt at LAX for the first time. Have Platinum status via status match. Reserved full-size and they initially tried to sell me an upgrade. I mentioned my status and got a very nice BMW 330 for no extra fee. Service was very good, although the shuttle wait time to get back to the terminal was too long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.