Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Rental Days Australia (ADL) - Days vs 24 hours

Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold

I checked online the rates for a Sixt rental from ADL airport in April (06. to 09. April). Somehow it will show me 4 rental days and calculate as well 4 rental days despite of only 72 hours (=3 rental days) with pick-up/drop-off 09:30AM to 09:30AM.

I called the call center however they are not very helpful and just refer to the system. Do I misunderstand something or see it weongly? Anyway encounter the same issue or is it somehow a system glitch? Checked a rental as comparison in Miami and its appear correctly with 3 days. It seems Sixt ADL count days (by date) vs 24 hours. Never heard of this for car rental or is this possible?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:57 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It may be due to daylight savings time which ends on April 7th 2024 by moving he clocks backward one hour at 3AM. Try reducing your rental by one hour and see what happens.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
That's it! Thank you so much for this quick and useful response. I wish the contact centre could advise me the same from the beginning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.