Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Old Apr 9, 19, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Titanium Elite, Sixt Diamond, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
Originally Posted by holmes87 View Post
Donít fall fur the hype German Sixt US cars are POS. Stay away from them. Iím slowly transitioning away from Sixt because they are getting away from fully loaded cars and ordering base models. I recently obtained Hertz President Circle. At least at Hertz I could get a fully loaded C63 AMG, even decently loads C300 4MATIC. At Sixt Iím going to get a bare bone C300, with a terrible sound system.
Just don't get it - I am a Sixt customer for 20+ years, also PC at Hertz and AVIS; have exactly the opposite experience. I would choose Sixt every day of the week over the other rental firms
Old Apr 10, 19, 12:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
At LAX, Hertz is probably a better option as PC: you just walk the aisle and pick your car. The Sixt location is a pain to get to an you are at the mercy of the agent.
Old Apr 10, 19, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
At LAX, Hertz is probably a better option as PC: you just walk the aisle and pick your car. The Sixt location is a pain to get to an you are at the mercy of the agent.
Sixt is a 5 min walk next to them. there is a shuttle bus driving. what is the pain?
Old Apr 10, 19, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ah sorry, it seems they have moved. Previously they were inside some airport hotel.
Old Apr 10, 19, 3:58 am

i checked their locations online, they have already two - one ist next to the airport and one at hotel plaza, which is probably a small location.
Old May 29, 19, 2:35 am

Two reservations

Hi, does anyone know if we can do a double reservation ? I made a reservation for an XCar under my name and another reservation under my wifeís name for an LFAR. If they donít have a Mercedes Benz GLC or Volvo XC60 available I would probably request to cancel the LFAR and go with an XCAR reservation . Do you guys know if they would allow that ? Whatís the best approach ?
Old Jul 22, 19, 8:19 pm

Hi guys and girls

We have booked a PCAR car in October at LAX. When I look at the reservation confirmation it says:

Loss Damage Waiver with an excess of 0.00 USD

Theft Protection with an excess of 0.00 USD

Maybe a silly question, but that means that we don't have to really check the car upon delivery and after delivery for damages etc? Right? Since we are covered...

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by holmes87 View Post

if you book XFAZ Iím 99% sure that youíre going to get a bare bone GLS. I have a great relationship with one of the SoCal locations. From my understanding they usually share vehicles to accommodate demand. Last time I talked to a manager at one of the branches, they mentioned that thereís only 2 Escalades left in the SoCal fleet.

Last year in Miami same issue where they didnít have any Escalades what so ever.

In terms im not sure if Sixt is phasing out the Escalades or what.
My experience has typically been the same however, ironically, on my arrival on 21 August there was not one GLS available. They were loaded with Escaladeís. Unfortunately, I got one. What a gas guzzling tank and hog! Upon drop off on 31 August all I saw were Escaladeís and one brand new BMW X7!
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:28 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by conquistador74 View Post

My experience has typically been the same however, ironically, on my arrival on 21 August there was not one GLS available. They were loaded with Escaladeís. Unfortunately, I got one. What a gas guzzling tank and hog! Upon drop off on 31 August all I saw were Escaladeís and one brand new BMW X7!
oh boy , I would be really happy to get an X7 for my XFAZ reservation in 4 weeks at LAX 😃 didnít know they actually got them already.

Why have they not got the updated GLS?
Old Sep 7, 19, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 View Post

oh boy , I would be really happy to get an X7 for my XFAZ reservation in 4 weeks at LAX 😃 didnít know they actually got them already.

Why have they not got the updated GLS?
I have no idea. I was entirely shocked that there were all Escalades. Would be nice if they get the X7, for sure. Good luck!
xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:56 am

Ive booked a XFAZ from Beverly Hills

Has anybody tried to rent from there ? is it a bad idea ? or are the cars the same all over LA from Sixt

oh yeah - it says GLS, Escalade or X7 now when you book
Old Sep 8, 19, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nils Petter Bro View Post
Ive booked a XFAZ from Beverly Hills

Has anybody tried to rent from there ? is it a bad idea ? or are the cars the same all over LA from Sixt

oh yeah - it says GLS, Escalade or X7 now when you book
Itís a shared fleet. Iím sure you will be perfectly fine. From what I saw be prepared for an Escalade. I look forward to when they have more X7ís and GLSís in the fleet. They tried to give me an Volvo XC90 However, I did decline it. Very nice car. We have two of them, but not the same class of car.
Old Sep 17, 19, 10:17 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, SPG gold, QF Silver, Shangri-La GC Jade, KLM FB
Been meaning to share for a while.

I'm Platinum through EK. I rent from Six maybe 15 times per year. LAX always gives me an upgrade when I book PCAR, but I'm sure to ask them nicely.

This year I've driven away with a Jaguar XE (terrible quality Indian manufacturing imo), BMW 4 series (very nice) and a MB GLC which was specced like a C200 from 1994.

I'm booked for a week of another PCAR and hoping for something fun as I'll have an excursion after work to Joshua Tree and would love a nice driver. I was quoted $40/day extra from PCAR for an F type last time.

Search this Thread