Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:07 am

I have a car rental i booked for LAX 02/06/2015, now I am concerned with not being at LAX.... we are in for a quick long weekend for Disneyland and do not want to waste more time than we have to. Prices were about the same and wasn't able to get the sporty car we hoped... thinking we should change to a company at the airport? thoughts?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by nikyee
I have a car rental i booked for LAX 02/06/2015, now I am concerned with not being at LAX.... we are in for a quick long weekend for Disneyland and do not want to waste more time than we have to. Prices were about the same and wasn't able to get the sporty car we hoped... thinking we should change to a company at the airport? thoughts?
Sixt "off airport" location at LAX is actually closer to the terminals than Hertz and Avis "airport" locations.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Hi,

I have a three weeks trip to LAX ahead in September.

In the past I rented Prestige Collection vehicles from Hertz (Mercedes, Jaguar,...)

Has anyone seen what kind of luxury vehicles Sixt LAX Features? The website shows german cars?! Any chance of really getting an BMW X5? Or is this just a mirage?

Thanks for your help
Frank
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
See post #15 in this thread, they only have US cars.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:57 am

FFAR?

Tried SIXT in Florida twice and was very happy with service and cars and so on, so I too was happy to see that they have a location near LAX.

Booked a FFAR in late november for one week. There will be atleast 6 persons but I didnt want a minivan.

Does someone have a good guess at what I will get??

The suburban would be fine, as the example stated (swedish sixt)

/Nick
Old Sep 7, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Rewards GOLD
Exclamation LAX miss-leading image reservation!

post moved to other thread

Last edited by mss7211; Sep 8, 2014 at 2:23 pm Reason: post moved to other thread
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Very weird experience at LAX some days ago. You make your way to the station and then no car is ready to be rented out. After getting a manual contract you finally make your way to the parking deck (full of sixt cars of all types) and get a stupid lecture from the 'fleet manager'.

Still no invoice or charge to my card a week after returning the car.

This is what I wrote to sixt today:

Dear Sixt,
I had a bizarre rental at your LAX station. First of all the setup of Sixt LAX is not of what I'm used to with your premium company: its well hidden in the hotel, with no signage whatsoever. If I hadn't researched my way I would have not know you even existed there. On arrival my car was not prepared in advance and the agent had to haggle with the 'fleet manager' over her personal phone to even get a car to rent out. Then even though she had access to the system she proceeded to issue a manual hand written contract. This process took about 15 minutes. You then have to make your way thru the hotel and pick up the car on the roof of the hotel parking lot. During all this time there were two agents chilling/chatting in the rental office and about 5 employees on the parking deck. When I got there I was pointed towards the car. When I asked the 'fleet manager' what was going on and why the contract was manual and why everything took so long, I got lectured that the car assigned to me was already an upgrade because it was a 'premium vehicle' (we are talking about a Toyota Scion XB, rated ICAR in your system).

Anyway, three days later I returned the car and was told I would receive an invoice a few days later. Its been a week and I have neither been charged nor received an invoice. The reservation has dropped off my online account and if I try to look up the invoice online I get an error message.

I would be grateful if you could update me on the final invoice for this rental. I understand Sixt just started in LAX, but based on the experience I had, I think I will stick to the existing large major rental firms in LAX for now where I can just sit in the prepared rental and drive away if I have a frequent renter profile on file.

Regards Oliver
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:12 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi oliver2002,

If you want to send me your reservation number through a private message I'd be happy to take a look into this further for you?

Kind regards, Louise.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Very weird experience at LAX some days ago. You make your way to the station and then no car is ready to be rented out. After getting a manual contract you finally make your way to the parking deck (full of sixt cars of all types) and get a stupid lecture from the 'fleet manager'.

Still no invoice or charge to my card a week after returning the car.

This is what I wrote to sixt today:
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:02 am

PM sent. As mentioned above, I did write Sixt CR already.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:53 am

Sixt CR US responded yesterday:

Dear Mr. [],

Instances such as this one are unacceptable, therefore members of our senior management have been made aware of this occurrence and the extreme difficulty it caused you.

Our management team has spoken to all the staff members concerned and I can assure you that steps are being taken to ensure that the errors made on this rental do not occur again.Can you please provide me with your contract number so I can send you your invoice as you have requested.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Best regards

Abigail []
Customer Service Department

Sixt Rent a Car, LLC
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:41 am

Hmm... it seems my contract doesn't exist at all, so my rental was comped ^
Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for your patience as we researched your inquiry.

I was able to come to root of cause for you not seeing a charge for the rental on your card.

I am pleased to inform that there will be no final invoice.

As a frequent renter with Sixt we have decided to go ahead and fully compensate you for all the inconveniences that were faced during your last rental.

We value our Sixt standards and are driven to provide the best service possible, and for this lack of service we do apologize.

We hope that this good will gesture will help to soothe the angst caused by your past rental.

We thank you for renting with Sixt and we hope that you consider us for future rentals!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well at least Sixt CS in US has their act together from what I can see above. Good decision to comp as what you describe is really so far away from any Sixt standard that I will not even bother and go straight to Hertz at LAX until their operation has been running for a while and better reports come in.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know what they offer in the PCAR category? It says above they only offer American cars, but the representative examples are a Mercedes CLA, Volvo S60, or Audi A3. I don't know what the American equivalent is - a Chevy Malibu or Buick Le Sabre?

They're offering a good rate, but with the questionable reviews I'm not willing to take a chance just to get the same crap car I'd get from Avis.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Doppy
Does anyone know what they offer in the PCAR category? It says above they only offer American cars, but the representative examples are a Mercedes CLA, Volvo S60, or Audi A3. I don't know what the American equivalent is - a Chevy Malibu or Buick Le Sabre?

They're offering a good rate, but with the questionable reviews I'm not willing to take a chance just to get the same crap car I'd get from Avis.
When I went the only car they had available in that class was a BMW 228i. I believe they also have the Volvo S60.

Last edited by rbjbjr; Sep 29, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:43 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Reply

Hi Doppy.

I've checked this with the team at LAX for you now. They've confirmed that currently, they do not offer American cars for PCAR reservations. In this category will be the Volvo S60, Mercedes CLA, BMW 228, Audi A3 and the Hyundai Genesis. However they do not currently have the Genesis on their fleet.

I hope this can help solve your query.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by Doppy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.