Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Doppy.

I've checked this with the team at LAX for you now. They've confirmed that currently, they do not offer American cars for PCAR reservations. In this category will be the Volvo S60, Mercedes CLA, BMW 228, Audi A3 and the Hyundai Genesis. However they do not currently have the Genesis on their fleet.

I hope this can help solve your query.

Thanks, Jess.
Great, thank you
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:13 pm

I am considering a switch to SIXT instead of National as I'm fed up of the risk of getting Volvo's on LCAR reservations, but I was surprised to find when looking at prices that although price is comparable to the competition, if I rent from LAX I can't take the car to Utah or Colorado though I could take it all the way to Washington which isn't really any closer! Oddly if I rent from LAS instead I can get a bit further and Utah is allowed.

Is this really the case? I've never rented a vehicle with restrictions like this before.

It really seems to make little sense - it can't be a coverage thing because Sixt will allow cars rented in Arizona to be driven in:

California
Colorado
Utah
New Mexico
Nevada

So if I was able to get to Arizona I could rent a car which would cover the states I want, including California, but if I rent from the same firm in California, I can't take it to Colorado?

Last edited by Foxtbh; Oct 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Is sixt coming to lax soon ???

You can drive it outside the allowed states as long as you agree to paid $0.50/mile. This will be part of the contract which you can refuse to sign.

In reality they probably wouldn't know if you took it those states unless you get into an accident or trigger a red light camera.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:07 pm

That could add a significant amount to the cost of a rental though rendering the price uncompetitive. I don't like the idea of simply not mentioning it, either.

Just seems so bizarre, why can cars from Arizona go to California and Colorado but cars from California cannot go to Colorado?

To rent with Sixt I'd have to one-way from LAX to PHX and then re-rent again, which seems completely stupid.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Some creative milage calculations on my return paperwork

Just returned my car this afternoon to LAX, having picked it up at 11:30AM and returned it at 5:45PM (6 hours~). I'm looking at the paperwork for my return which was emailed to me and it lists:

Milage out: 3164
Milage in: 4000
Driven: 836

Ok so while im not charged for the miles or anything anyway so it doesn't matter, just struck me as odd that they would claim me as having driven 836 miles in 6 hours of purely city driving. Im not sure what my return milage was but heck i didnt even have to put gas in it
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I think this happens quite often. I just picked up a car where the last renter switched to km and as a result the 16,000 km on the odo was recorded by National as 16,000 miles on the contract when it should have been 10,000 miles. I'm going to have negative 5,550 miles when I return the car.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:52 pm

Hi
Does anyone know what cars SIXT LAX have in the FFAR category?
Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:37 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Reply

Hi ariorfa,

The vehicles in the FFAR category at Sixt LAX are the Chevrolet Suburban and the Ford Expedition. These are both 7 seater, automatic vehicles.

I hope this helps to solve your query.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by ariorfa
Hi
Does anyone know what cars SIXT LAX have in the FFAR category?
Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:03 am

Hi ariorfa,

The vehicles in the FFAR category at Sixt LAX are the Chevrolet Suburban and the Ford Expedition. These are both 7 seater, automatic vehicles.

Thanks, Jess.
That, I´m afraid, is only on paper! I had booked and prepaid for an FFAR. When I came to collect I was offered a Tahoe. With a Tahoe we could not fit our bags so I had to go back in. There were others there that also had booked FFAR and they were also offered Tahoe´s only. Tahoe is a fine big vehicle but that does not help when it cant accomodate 7 (or even 6) persons with bags.

So you need to have separate categorys for Tahoe´s and Suburban´s since they clearly are not similar if you actually nedd a car for 7 persons!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:42 am

Hi ariorfa,

Thanks, Jess.
Thanks for your help
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by pokernick
That, I´m afraid, is only on paper! I had booked and prepaid for an FFAR. When I came to collect I was offered a Tahoe. With a Tahoe we could not fit our bags so I had to go back in. There were others there that also had booked FFAR and they were also offered Tahoe´s only. Tahoe is a fine big vehicle but that does not help when it cant accomodate 7 (or even 6) persons with bags.

So you need to have separate categorys for Tahoe´s and Suburban´s since they clearly are not similar if you actually nedd a car for 7 persons!
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Even a tahoe would be fine for us. I was just wanting a relatively new and nice car that we can not get here in Australia since it will be our first time in the US
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ariorfa
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Even a tahoe would be fine for us. I was just wanting a relatively new and nice car that we can not get here in Australia since it will be our first time in the US
The Tahoe´s are just great! The one we had for a day had DVD in the backseats ^
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Has anyone actually received the Mercedes CLA for a PCAR reservation at LAX? I have a PCAR reservation this week and am scared I will get the Hyundai
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: *G
hyundai in pcar??
They had a lot of volvo s60s when i was there, early oct.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by studentCPH
hyundai in pcar??
They had a lot of volvo s60s when i was there, early oct.
Yes...please see below from Sixt customer service...however I do not believe the website lists a Hyundai as a PCAR option... I wonder if they have like 1-2 cars each of Mercedes/BMW...but then tons of Hyundais and Volvos..

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices View Post
Hi Doppy.

I've checked this with the team at LAX for you now. They've confirmed that currently, they do not offer American cars for PCAR reservations. In this category will be the Volvo S60, Mercedes CLA, BMW 228, Audi A3 and the Hyundai Genesis. However they do not currently have the Genesis on their fleet.

I hope this can help solve your query.

Thanks, Jess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.