Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Assuming the weather is good I'll probably just go to Flushing for dim sum. Good way to kick off the trip I'm technically working Monday so that will take up most of my time assuming I can find a lounge or quiet area.
I support a trip to Flushing!

Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Just flew over last night JFK-FRA
I was really looking forward to this trip but have to say was sort of disappointed
Upon check in I was given a $25 voucher due to the lounge now being closed . He said depends on what it prints out on BP. Sometimes AI lounge but if given out too many that day then a voucher
mind you I was paid full fare Biz and Star Gold
That is not a good alternate I feel a whole $25
I did book the cook filet and it was very marginal at best. I can’t believe I am about to say this but had better meals on AA and DL transcon the last few months (I fly lax-Jfk monthly and actually think food and service was better in some cases)
The breakfast “lunch” is certainly a very odd choice at 830am local and I tried to sleep through it but the lights all went on and the FA were making a lot of noise.
it was definitely a bucket list thing and glad I tore it but really the only positive thing to say is the seat was comfortable and TV screen nice and big that’s about all I can say is positive
hope they sort out the lounge situation soon
I agree with most of what you say (though I went in August when I think they were still doing Wingtips, but I was still able to get into the VS CH on my Amex Platinum at that point), although I disagree on seat comfort. Didn't really love it. Hated having to angle my legs in relaxation position. I guess bulkhead center seats don't have this problem but I like a window. And I suppose if you close your eyes in lie-flat mode you can't really tell you're at an angle. And the lack of air vents and warm cabin made it rather difficult for me to sleep. Definitely agree on the weird pre-arrival meal!. Didn't eat dinner ex-JFK. But I thought the catering on the return from FRA was pretty good.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:20 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Don’t schedule a long layover for th is flight!

Maybe I should have paid more attention. Flew into T7 and hung out at AS lounge. It was boring and I wanted to go to different terminal. It was too cold for me to venture to Flushing and I didn’t realize it would probably be 2 1/2 hrs round trip on plane.

Found out SQ won’t give gate passes and I can’t get my boarding pass until four hours prior to departure. Ended up dropping $200 on TWA hotel for a day room and taking a nap and shower.

I doubt I’ll fly through JFK again, but hope SQ 25 is worth it for this nonsense
BThumme likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It won't be worth it for SQ25, maybe in F, but not otherwise. I can't imagine ever planning to stay in any airport for a 12+ hour layover. Back in 2019 I had a 12hr layover in CDG on the way to HKG (super-cheap J fare) and I spent a lovely (yet overcast and cold) day in Paris eating crepes and duck confit and having the entire 3rd level of the Eiffel Tower to myself because it was in a cloud.
ebayj likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Now that VS has ramped up its schedule I hear its much harder to get in to VS lounge with Capital One and AMEX Plat (I had no issue before and after flight in Aug/Sep). Inability to get a boarding pass without lining up (for #teamcarryon) is a pain as well. Anyone try to check in for the later Non-stop (SQ23) during SQ25 check in window? I'm guessing its a waste of time.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:45 pm

From 15th May 2023, the B77W will replace the A380 on SQ26 / SQ25
ebayj and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Quite a few changes to North American services next northern hemisphere summer. See the end of this Press Release.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s.../ne0822-221122
Old Nov 22, 2022, 5:21 am

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the headline this morning. Thankfully I am flying in February and won’t miss out on the suite.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Same here (I’m flying it in Feb as well!)
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:39 am

Scheduled for June 2023 of course. Mofos lol. Sin-fra will still be the a380?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by pesos
Scheduled for June 2023 of course. Mofos lol. Sin-fra will still be the a380?
No the both SQ25 and SQ26 (ie JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-FRA-JFK) will not have any A380s from mid-may.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Now the question is whether this change will qualify me to change to the nonstop JFK-SIN or EWR-SIN. I'm in J. I assume the schedule change will be pretty minor although the aircraft swap is not showing in my booking yet.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Too bad for this route to be "downgraded" to 777-300ER. Been trying to book F Suites on this route for November 2023 travel. Now the only option is SIN-LHR or vice versa.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:13 pm

Well that really really sucks.

Is LHR changing to the a380 at some point, stingyguy? Showing 777 there as well when I search.

EDIT: nevermind I see they have both available at LHR

Last edited by pesos; Nov 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by setho212
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the headline this morning. Thankfully I am flying in February and won’t miss out on the suite.
Same here. Have a U fare for new years next month, JFK-FRA-SIN-MLE / MLE-SIN / SIN-SFO, with the JFK-SIN portion upgraded to suites. Would have been devastating.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:54 pm

Cancelled and rebooked for LHR instead. Fees much lower (oddly for UK?) but only reclaimed 17k miles and will have to get myself to the states at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.