The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Old Jan 22, 2023, 12:21 am

I am taking this flight later this summer and was bummed to find out we will miss the suite; being the first time flying SQ, I was looking forward to it.

I know SQ uses the three prong headphone jack; I have zero interest in using the headphones provided. Will a standard 3.5mm headphone jack work? Does a Bose two prong adapter work, or will I need to find a three prong adapter?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by LouNanne
I am taking this flight later this summer and was bummed to find out we will miss the suite; being the first time flying SQ, I was looking forward to it.

I know SQ uses the three prong headphone jack; I have zero interest in using the headphones provided. Will a standard 3.5mm headphone jack work? Does a Bose two prong adapter work, or will I need to find a three prong adapter?
The 2 prong works, though to be honest I wouldn't bother, the supplied B&O are perfectly fine.
LouNanne likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:26 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

Bose 2 prong will work. The third prong is smaller and is only there to provide power to the airline noise cancelling headphones so they don’t need to worry about charging batteries.
LouNanne likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
The 2 prong works, though to be honest I wouldn't bother, the supplied B&O are perfectly fine.
If you like big over the ear headphones that make your ears sweaty, lol.
I always prefer to use my in-ear noise-isolating Shures.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
But by taking 326 followed by 26 the next day, you got to enjoy two satay canapes instead of one. :-)
That be true. Although TBH, as I live in Singapore, I can easily get really good satay whenever I want.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by lokijuh
That be true. Although TBH, as I live in Singapore, I can easily get really good satay whenever I want.
For reasons I have yet to figure out, satay tastes better in the air, on SQ, than on the ground...
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by sqyf
For reasons I have yet to figure out, satay tastes better in the air, on SQ, than on the ground...
I have a couple of vendors I prefer, who usually don't disappoint. But I guess SQ is more consistent, and uses better quality meat (and more per stick). But never quite get quite the same taste - mix of charcoal, lemongrass etc on SQ. The satay sauce itself is better on SQ I think!
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
A standard headphone jack will also work in stereo. I used one last week on SQ26.

Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:48 pm

First time flying SQ26/25 from SIN to/from JFK. My previous experiences were on the non-stops. Thanks to everyone's feedback here I've decided to forgo the lounge in JFK on the way back! Looking for advice re: lounges in FRA - i.e. AC MLL vs LH Senator lounge. I understand these are the two which are closest to the gate that SQ typically uses. Is there anyone here with recent experience of the FRA transit who can advise which lounge is likely to be less crowded? Or if there's even enough time to pop into a lounge? Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
First time flying SQ26/25 from SIN to/from JFK. My previous experiences were on the non-stops. Thanks to everyone's feedback here I've decided to forgo the lounge in JFK on the way back! Looking for advice re: lounges in FRA - i.e. AC MLL vs LH Senator lounge. I understand these are the two which are closest to the gate that SQ typically uses. Is there anyone here with recent experience of the FRA transit who can advise which lounge is likely to be less crowded? Or if there's even enough time to pop into a lounge? Thank you!
I am indifferent regarding both. For SQ26 to JFK, I would take SEN as it is marginally emptier. For the return both are equally crowded. AC has slightly better food (tho the food does not appeal to me in either lounge) but SEN has a manned bar.

Showers will be always a challenge as they get booked up quickly during the layover.
flyingbubbles likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: Skywards
Tried the AC lounge and didn't like it. Hot, crowded and limited foods .Went back to the Lufthansa business lounge. Not great but better.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
Tried the AC lounge and didn't like it. Hot, crowded and limited foods .Went back to the Lufthansa business lounge. Not great but better.
The LH sen and biz lounges are pretty equal when it comes to F&B. Main difference is manned bar in Sen. Neither gets you champagne though.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:41 pm

AC has better decor. LH might be less crowded as they have few lounges scattered. You will have enough time to pop in both lounges and see which you like.

Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Is there anyone here with recent experience of the FRA transit who can advise which lounge is likely to be less crowded? Or if there's even enough time to pop into a lounge? Thank you!
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Today’s April 5th SQ 25 is very delayed.
Lack of infirmation on the SQ app, flightaware.
The contract staff is not helping (mind you, 300+ passengers are hoping to fly tonight).

fingers crossed we manage to take-off tonight

from experflyer:

Comments:

DOSQ25/05APR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * SQ 25 -1 WE 05APR23
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

JFK ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 2346
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1259 FRA
FRA ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1230
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0650 SIN
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:58 pm

Thanks for the help, everyone! Much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.