Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund Processing Time!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Any data points on how long it is taking them to respond to travel agent cancellation requests? I had a flight at the end of February that I booked thru Chase/Expedia. I did not take the flight and gave up on trying to get a refund until May 29th, when I received email from SQ saying that they had changed their policy and that I was now entitled to a refund. I called Chase and they were unable to see the booking in the computer anymore; I got transferred to a supervisor and they were going to email SQ to request the refund. I have yet to hear back from Chase or SQ. I can understand that the refund would not have processed yet but I would have expected that they would have responded to Chase, so I guess I need to call them again.

it won’t be so fast. Just wait for them to sort it out.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I filed a complaint with the DOT today.

Paid J class travel JFK-FRA-JFK on June 2-16

Refund requested April 22. Flight cancelled May 18, I called and was told it was eligible for refund and request is on file from April and to wait.

DOT requirements are a refund 7 days from cancelation. I waited a month and 7 days before filing.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:57 am

Just to confirm, this is the page from where to request a refund, right: https://www.singaporeair.com/request.form

Is the "cancel my booking" option advised even if the flights have not been cancelled by the airline? i.e. does selecting that option amount to a voluntary cancellation by the passenger and so attract a cancellation fee?

I have an award booking on LO, for travel in the first half of August, using SQ miles where two of the four legs were cancelled by LO today. Manage my booking does not work for me - keep getting an error message that asks me to call the local SQ office. So I don't know if there's an option to cancel that way.

Thanks

Last edited by L_D_M; Jun 25, 2020 at 8:50 am
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Just to confirm, this is the page from where to request a refund, right: https://www.singaporeair.com/request.form

Is the "cancel my booking" option advised even if the flights have not been cancelled by the airline? i.e. does selecting that option amount to a voluntary cancellation by the passenger and so attract a cancellation fee?

I have an award booking on LO using SQ miles where two of the four legs were cancelled by LO today. Manage my booking does not work for me - keep getting an error message that asks me to call the local SQ office. So I don't know if there's an option to cancel that way.

Thanks

just use that form instead. Or u can try to call. Guess it is less busy nowadays.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
it won’t be so fast. Just wait for them to sort it out.
It would just be nice to have them respond to Chase acknowledging the request (and for Chase to then respond to me), even if it takes another few weeks to receive the refund. This whole thing has been a black hole, even when I was trying to get it refunded or a credit issued before my flight.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:35 am

I requested a refund using the online form a few hours ago but received an error message saying my email ID was not the one associated with the booking. I sent a screenshot of the error to the local booking office, and a couple of hours later received an automated email saying my miles were being credited back to my account, and the tax amount would be refunded in four to six weeks. That was followed by an email (not automated) from one of the local offices saying more or less what the automated message said, but specifying a much longer time frame for the refund of the tax component - "eight to 16 weeks". Just logged in and the miles are back in my account. That part was quick!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Quite happy

Thought I was going to wait 2-3 months to get my refund. But only took 3 weeks for paid ticket.

Refund request: June 10
Confirmation email: June 29
Refund received: July 3
Gorcat likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by SAM Flyer
Just throwing my info into the mix:

Had 2x J tickets for our honeymoon (*tear*) booked from LAX>NRT>SIN>DPS due to depart on 6/20 with a stopover in SIN. Submitted for a refund about a month ago on May 10th, and received the confirmation email. No movement since. Have people seen the refunds processing closer to the flight departure dates? Out 180,000 points and ~$200.
Just to update: I still had not heard anything back so I sent a friendly email to the US reservation inbox: asked nicely if they could at least expedite the miles back to my account while I wait for the financial refund.

Within a day, had the miles back and received the auto-email that the charge was processed and be there within 4-6 weeks. Success!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: airponts
Has anyone got a partial refund? I was in the middle of a long trip to New Zealand when my return leg was cancelled in Aoril. I reebooked for July, that is now cancelled. It is a J class ticket. If I ask for a partial refund I am worried it will be worth alot less tahna J class seat from Auckland to Copenhagen.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:14 am

Hey y'all final update: Cancelled my late July flight in early April and just got back my points followed by the tax/fee refund a few days later. Thank you all for your data points and advice.
Gorcat likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by fieldfreen
Hey y'all final update: Cancelled my late July flight in early April and just got back my points followed by the tax/fee refund a few days later. Thank you all for your data points and advice.
So, in your case, it is a bit more than 3 months, correct?
Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by aritrixa
So, in your case, it is a bit more than 3 months, correct?
Thanks
Sorry to get back to you so late. It was ~11 weeks so a few weeks under 3 months.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Another data point.

Refund requested mid-March for award bookings for LAX-NRT-SIN / SIN-HKT / BKK-SIN-NRT for flights in early April and this was before things really started to shut down and was told would be refunded within a week for the tickets.
Finally today 7/9 I received the redeposit of miles and refund notifications back to my credit card. This only occurred after I reached out to the US reservations last weekend to push for an update since calling the 800 number and general email seemed to be an effort in futility.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I received a refund notification notice from Singapore Airlines today for an early June flight that I requested on April 22. I received an email today stating it was being processed and I should see the refund in 4-6 weeks.

I am happy to get a response.
Gorcat likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
That’s now 11 weeks since I submitted my online request for a refund. They did say it would take up to 16 weeks to process, but I was hoping that was an overestimate!
Has anyone any experience of getting them to speed up the process?

Last edited by Gorcat; Jul 13, 2020 at 11:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.