Refund Processing Time!

Old Jul 21, 20, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
i think it is better to send your request to SQ via the following form (under other assistance)

https://www.singaporeair.com/request.form

indicate clearly u have receive information from SQ about refund but your agent is refusing to do so.

edit: you can also reply to your agent and ask them to go through this link

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...-travelwaiver/
Thanks. I actually have been in contact with SQ and their last email was that they were forwarding my note to a different group and they were going to reach out to my agent, but I had not heard back from them (Chase) until now, which was not likely due to their hearing from SQ.

I tried responding to the email from Chase and the response I got back pretty much told me that I could not respond to that address. I suppose I could forward it back to the exec who I sent the first email to.

The other option is just to send this all to a local NYC television station's consumer affairs person and let them deal with it. Or file a complaint with the DOT,

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 21, 20 at 7:36 am
Old Jul 21, 20, 7:25 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
All Krisflyer miles bookings:

Refund requested/Flight Date/Miles credited back
9 Apr/10 Apr/20 May
9 Apr/25 Apr/20 May
17 May/23 May/27 May
18 May/31 Jul/still waiting
1 Jun/31 Jul/20 Jul
25 Jun/9 Aug/19 Jul
Old Jul 22, 20, 9:58 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Finally got my first updates.

original tickets were redeemed in August 2019, with a change in November.
flights were

LAX to SIN (July 8, 2020)
SIN to JNB (July 10, 2020)

On two record locators and redeemed as two tickets for the increased cost because they couldnít get the agent to put it as one ticket. Both flights in Business

refund requested on 06/08/2020 so I can rebook the trip for May 2021 and hope the worlds in a better place,

refund for the SIN-JNB leg received on 07/20/2020
still waiting on the refund for LAX-SIN

both tickets purchased the same day with miles... being patient....sort of.

Iíve already rebooked my return flight (which I booked through American Airlines) a couple weeks ago.
Old Jul 23, 20, 9:07 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
All Krisflyer miles bookings:

Refund requested/Flight Date/Miles credited back
9 Apr/10 Apr/20 May
9 Apr/25 Apr/20 May
17 May/23 May/27 May
18 May/31 Jul/still waiting
1 Jun/31 Jul/20 Jul
25 Jun/9 Aug/19 Jul
Well, looking at your experiences I still have to wait a while for my supposed "expedited" miles return.

I wanted to rebook the 2nd segment of our reward ticket that some geniuses had dropped together with the cancelled first segment regardless of the fact that it was still operating (for now) in 3 months time. Awesome SQ.

Not keen to transfer in additional miles just because it takes ages to return miles for screwed up ticket cancellation. I'm even content on having to wait for the cash from the stopover fee, taxes, etc., but how hard can miles return be?

Even LH, not recently known for customer excellence, was able to return miles for a cancelled flight within 8 days (taxes + crazy YQ I'm still waiting) and sent an email about the settlement details. The only way this works with SQ is going to ION office where staff are very good, but not really in the spirit of distancing during COVID-19 times.

So we wait some more a for the miles and in the meantime we booked flights on another carrier using miles from another FFP. That could have gone to SQ, but alas it wasn't meant to be I guess.
Old Jul 23, 20, 11:22 am

Programs: TK Gold
Revenue ticket booked J ARN-SYD-ARN 2 pax.

Date of intended travel 15 Aug 20
Flights cancelled 2 Jul 20
Refund requested 2 Jul 20
Refund received in CC account 23 Jul 20

Well done SQ.
Gorcat likes this.
Old Jul 23, 20, 11:52 pm

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by sydunipete View Post
Revenue ticket booked J ARN-SYD-ARN 2 pax.

Date of intended travel 15 Aug 20
Flights cancelled 2 Jul 20
Refund requested 2 Jul 20
Refund received in CC account 23 Jul 20

Well done SQ.
Hmm, maybe buy a lottery ticket as well, you seem to have a lucky streak .
Old Jul 23, 20, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by demue View Post
Hmm, maybe buy a lottery ticket as well, you seem to have a lucky streak .
it is puzzled that some of the dates/flight they have not done with the refunds even for award flight but they refund the later one
Old Jul 24, 20, 1:46 am

Requested refund of miles on May 12th via the online form, for two flights in early June that were cancelled.
Didn't hear anything back as of early July, so called on July 6th to see if the refund could be expidited.
Miles refunded on July 7th and tax money refunded around July 10th.
Old Jul 29, 20, 5:27 am

I think I may have been very lucky.
I submitted my refund request on sat 25 July for my flight on Sept 27 (not officially cancelled yet but no longer on the schedule).

Received the refund notice email today (July 29) and now just have to wait the 4-6 weeks for it to be processed to my credit card.

I was expecting to be waiting weeks.
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:17 am

The refund was on my credit card this morning so I think it will have been put on yesterday. Therefore it was just under a week from requesting my refund to it posting on my credit card.

Iíve seen others posting on Facebook saying they have had their refunds in a week recently as well.
Old Aug 6, 20, 1:52 am

Quick data point: recently cancelled some award flights and was impressed with the processing - points back in my account immediately and refunds of taxes/fees posted within a week on my AmEx.
Old Aug 6, 20, 7:24 am

I requested miles back due to cancellation since end of February. Been following up call and chat like 4- 5 times now since then, nothing. Been told itís been escalated every time. This is getting really frustrating. Any tips on what I should do? My flight was supposed to depart in March 2020.

Last edited by flybie; Aug 6, 20 at 7:29 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: