Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund Processing Time!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vsepr
I cancelled my Qantas FFP redemption booking on 14 April 2020, got the points in on 01 May 2020 and the taxes in my credit today, 12 May 2020. Satisfied with the process.
How is that at all relevant to Singapore Airlines, or this thread? I suggest you go start a blog if you want to hijack every thread to brag about your own unrelated experiences.
Old May 12, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Amex have processed my refund and closed the dispute within 72 hours of me filing it - impressive.
Final update. The refund from SQ arrived in my Amex account today - a week after my second phone call. Given that the amount has also been credited by Amex under their dispute procedure i will call them and get them to to take the excess back!
Gorcat likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
I cancelled a redemption booking on March 13...travel was the next day (the flight still operated). I did the cancellation online, but it seems like this is only really a request to cancel...the booking remained confirmed and ticketed up until and after the point of departure. I did get a confirmation email for the cancellation request.

I've really no idea what is happening with it. I've never been asked to pay the redeposit fee for the miles. Then I got the impression from some of their more recent comms that I wouldn't need to pay for the redeposit of miles?

Lastly, just last week I entered my ticket number into manage my booking...that pulled up some flights, with a different PNR, same destinations but travel dates in about a years time. Will they ever get around to turning this into a miles / taxes refund...no idea!??
Old May 13, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Thought I'd share the data point I have.

My flight departing 13 Apr was cancelled on 07 Apr.

Called in on 07 Apr, went through the tedious process of listening to the agent convince me to take an open ticket. (To be fair to him, he said all calls are recorded and they must offer this option first)

Got a refund confirmation on 04 May (advising that it may take 4-6weeks), and then money back on 08 May. (Which is the normal processing time for SQ from official refund confirmation, in all my years of dealing with cancellations.)

So far in this Covid crisis:
The best performer was BA with a refund time of 8 days. Despite them removing the option to refund via manage my booking. (I called to request)
The poorest performer is LH who is owing for 60+ days now, and the agents have a real attitude, totally gives the vibes of we'll refund you when we feel like it. So naturally I filed a chargeback.

I think 1 month is fair play in times like this. LH group is just disgusting. So post-COVID, definitely not flying on LH, OS, LX, SN.
Gorcat and bitterproffit like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
My refund took 6 weeks. All e-mail based. I received the "up to 16 weeks" e-mail, and was happy with 6 weeks. Payment and refund to Amex, with a UK based card.
Gorcat likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
My refund took 6 weeks. All e-mail based. I received the "up to 16 weeks" e-mail, and was happy with 6 weeks. Payment and refund to Amex, with a UK based card.
Which month were you due to depart?

Last edited by Gorcat; May 16, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Old May 18, 2020, 1:57 am

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Mind to share how did you ask for refund at first, through the form, place a call or email?
Thanks a lot!
Old May 18, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The whole thing was done via e-mail. to the UK service e-mail. I just put in my Travel ref and name. I didn't even use my SQ number. Flight was mid-March, LHR to Vietnam. Vietnam stopped issuing visas to UK folk, so SQ could not have carried us.
I was extremely polite and apologetic! (Not my fault, not their fault and etc. )
Gorcat likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:24 pm

My miles were refunded today, but I don't see the credit for the taxes on my cc yet.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:17 am

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...o-get-12748508

"Then there are airlines that make refunds look easy but hang on to the money. Before the crisis, I had booked a Singapore Airlines return ticket to Australia.

When the flight was cancelled, I went on to the Singapore website, swiftly located the refund button and provided my details.

Three weeks later I phoned the airline’s call centre to ask how my refund was getting on. I had no trouble getting through to a polite customer service person who confirmed that my request was being processed.

When would I get my money? He couldn’t say. Weeks, months, years? Sorry, can’t tell you."
Old May 22, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I canceled an award flight late Feb that was due to depart on March 5th. All I got was the acknowledgment of request to cancel email. Didn’t really think about it after that. I got a refund notice from AMEX yesterday and the miles were put back in my account this week.
wheresmybagba likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:13 am

My refund posted to my credit card.
Gorcat likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
My refund posted to my credit card.
When were you due to fly?

TIA
Old May 25, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Cancellation of KF award booking requested on 13 March.

Miles back in the account today 26 May.
Old May 25, 2020, 7:01 pm

Anyone get a refund yet with a departure date of July or later? Cancelled in early April and am still waiting. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.