Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 10:30 am

Hello

I will arrive from HKG to SIN on F. SIN is my destination for 2 weeks. Will I have access to TPR on arrival with final destination Singapore?

I will leave SIN to PVG in J and PVG to FRA in F on the same ticket. Can I use firstclass check-in and TPR on departure in SIN?
Thanks!
Old May 1, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by DominiqueV
Hello

I will arrive from HKG to SIN on F. SIN is my destination for 2 weeks. Will I have access to TPR on arrival with final destination Singapore?

I will leave SIN to PVG in J and PVG to FRA in F on the same ticket. Can I use firstclass check-in and TPR on departure in SIN?
Thanks!
You will have arrival access, just show your inbound F boarding pass. If you have checked luggage, do not collect that before going to the lounge.

'No' in the second case. Star alliance benefits, especially when mixing airlines, are based on your immediately departing cabin. So if you are J out of Singapore, you're entitled to J check-in and J lounge.
Old May 5, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: Accor Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by DominiqueV
Hello

Thanks!
How are you even able to arrive from HKG when there are no flights from HKG for the next two months? Schedule after that is anybody’s guess. In any case TPR is closed until further notice.
Old May 5, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tth_ben
How are you even able to arrive from HKG when there are no flights from HKG for the next two months? Schedule after that is anybody’s guess. In any case TPR is closed until further notice.
The OP doesn't say when they are intending to travel. Flight bookings are already open well into 2021 now.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 6:22 am

Hello there, is my understanding correct that (i.a.) the departing cabin determines access to TPR?
We‘re bound to ZRH on LX9001 (=SQ346) in F, ticket stock is LX op by SQ. So we should have access.

(flight is 2021, i hope TPR is open again by then).
travellingmip likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:50 pm

It's a somewhat moot point at the moment with no F service anywhere (as you noted), but yes, if your flight is operated by SQ then you will get into the TPR regardless of codeshare partner flight number.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
Hello there, is my understanding correct that (i.a.) the departing cabin determines access to TPR?
We‘re bound to ZRH on LX9001 (=SQ346) in F, ticket stock is LX op by SQ. So we should have access.

(flight is 2021, i hope TPR is open again by then).
An inbound F will also give you access to TPR. You could arrive in F from Jakarta and be flying onwards to New York in coach, but the inbound would give you entry.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by stargold
It's a somewhat moot point at the moment with no F service anywhere (as you noted), but yes, if your flight is operated by SQ then you will get into the TPR regardless of codeshare partner flight number.
Thanks. Flight is in +- in a year, so some hope is still alive :-)
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Having experienced TPR several times flying SQ F- Its not anything special, and the lounge is particularly uncomfortable - I'd liken it to AA Flagship First lounge AND Dining room flying transcon AA First on the no-longer AA A321 First. Look at QR First Al Safwa DOH , LH F Terminal FRA, LH First Lounges MUC + FRA, CX First Lounges HKG and the superlative LX First Lounge E Gates even A Gates and then you will understand a good First lounge SQ. Even TG First BKK is good for massages and similar food (though not much else) TPR is about as good as an ANA Suite Lounge and you may be better of in the NH or SQ C Lounges

Last edited by cbourl; Oct 31, 2020 at 1:46 am Reason: addition
Old Oct 31, 2020, 12:33 am

For sure, the existing TPR was not an impressive lounge at all. The idea was, of course, that SQ should be renovating all of them, but it's not clear where the Covid situation leaves the progress of that.

I don't think SQ has ever been a world leader in lounges so it wouldn't surprise me if the renovated lounge is also underwhelming compared to other leading offerings.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 1:02 am

I must say pre COVID the crown for best lounges goes to CX. They’ve got such a great concept - Noodle Bar. And if they only extend foot massages to all lounges as well!
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: Alaska
For sure, the existing TPR was not an impressive lounge at all. The idea was, of course, that SQ should be renovating all of them, but it's not clear where the Covid situation leaves the progress of that.

I don't think SQ has ever been a world leader in lounges so it wouldn't surprise me if the renovated lounge is also underwhelming compared to other leading offerings.
I doubt that it would be open before the first class traffic is back.

SQ could fly for the next 1 or 2 years without first class. What's the point of paying money to complete The Private Room? SQ has burnt enough shareholders' money.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:11 pm

SQ just removed all the first-class inventory from the system.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
This was answered some time ago, but I'd like to check current practice, please.

If departing F on LX metal, SQ codeshare, will access be granted? Do you still need or get an 'invitation' to TPR?

If arriving F on LH metal, SQ codeshare, will access be granted?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
This was answered some time ago, but I'd like to check current practice, please.

If departing F on LX metal, SQ codeshare, will access be granted? Do you still need or get an 'invitation' to TPR?

If arriving F on LH metal, SQ codeshare, will access be granted?
Only SQ metal grants you TPR access. The SQ codeshare on other star metal does not suffice. In those scenarios you will be granted access to SKL F (similar scenario plays out in FRA, where only LH group metal gets you access to FCLs/T, SQ metal would not be good there).

As for arriving in SIN on LH metal, I don’t think that gets you any access, only SQ arriving in F gets TPR or TPPS travelling on SQ classes other than F gets SKL F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.