Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:33 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, OP can do that. A personal choice, but the Dusit is max. 10mins from the airport within a golf course complex (Laguna) so a pleasant and relaxing environment with a spa and all that. Not a bad alternative. Then take cab in the morning and be there when TPR opens if so desired.
cyborg likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Many thanks for the help filling in the blanks. Was more concerned about the use of transit hotel since their website says something about not available if you have to deal with checked baggage which is what I'm dealing with. FYIW, I have done a few transits at Changi that included transit, transit hotel, same day city excursion and overnight in town. However, all these were same PNR. This is the first time I've had to deal with different airlines, alliances, terminals and PNR, so pardon my constant nagging to get familiar with the ins and outs of the options.

It is almost a coin flip in terms of pros and cons. The deciding factor looks like that bowl of Tom Yum Kung with River Prawn at Dusit Thani and the 7 hours of sleep which outweighs the extra helping of Tattiinger in the TPR and saving on R/T taxi fare.. A couple of months ago someone mentioned a complex maneuver staying transit, having bags rechecked remotely (by transit desk of TPT staff?) then after visiting TPR exiting Changi to stay at a low cost hotel...doesn't really sound great in terms of time spent that cuts into sleep (maybe something I would have done when 20 years younger). I could make the 6 hour transit hotel stay work by starting out with a couple of hours in the TPR couch room, so that option is still on the table.

As for the advice against staying airside...been there and done that last year when SQ made a change to my onward connecting flight making a 2 hour connection into a 9 hour one (JFK/FRA-SIN-HKT). I really enjoyed the experience; 1 hour TPR, 6 hours transit hotel, 2 hours TPR...worth it!

Thanks again for your kind advice and patience with me...

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Oct 16, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
flying PEN-SIN in Y and then next day SIN-PVG in F. Any recent datapoints on whether I'll be allowed TPR on arrival in SIN?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
flying PEN-SIN in Y and then next day SIN-PVG in F. Any recent datapoints on whether I'll be allowed TPR on arrival in SIN?
No access on the day of arrival.

a) TPR is a departure lounge and a same day boarding pass is required. Arriving in F, you can use TPR.

b) You are flying on separate tickets and SQ will treat each flight separately.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77

a) TPR is a departure lounge and a same day boarding pass is required. Arriving in F, you can use TPR.

When you say same day boardig pass, do you mean 24 hours time frame? If you had a Y-F transfer in 23 hours will they allow you in?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aramis78
When you say same day boardig pass, do you mean 24 hours time frame? If you had a Y-F transfer in 23 hours will they allow you in?
Yes, they will.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 4:51 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC

Actually, since TPR is a departure lounge, point b is irrelevant. However, an F departure boarding pass allows one TPR access within 24 hours of said departure.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
Actually, since TPR is a departure lounge, point b is irrelevant. However, an F departure boarding pass allows one TPR access within 24 hours of said departure.
SQ lounge agents regularly let passenger use the First Class lounge with a next day boarding pass in First Class but there there is no such thing as a 24 hours rule.

For airports with 24 hours lounge operations, your access on any given day can be stretched for up to 24 hours.

As others pointed out, access to the airport is only possible on your date of departure as well so lounge rules (e.g. Star Alliance) refer to the same day departure boarding pass as well.

So with two separate tickets, SQ lounge agents should not grant access to TPR. And I think that makes absolute sense.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hdogan
Sorry to piggyback, but does this mean that we cannot access TPR twice within a 24 hour period?

We are flying PEN-SIN on the evening of the 16th of December. Planning to use TPR for dinner then head to a hotel outside the airport. The next day we have SIN-LHR on first and we were planning to use TPR again for brunch before the flight.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:24 am

Regardless of the theory of what is "same day", what the agents "should" allow or not allow, etc, how it will work in practice for a transit to SQ F at SIN (<24h) on separate tickets is as follows:

Day 1
- Arrive into SIN in Y
- Go to the SQ transfer desk
- Pick up next boarding pass in F
- You can then go to the TPR if you want, before exiting through immigration
- Afterwards, exit through immigration into Singapore

Day 2
- Go through immigration and proceed to TPR as usual

There are no issues accessing TPR twice.
hdogan, Reveen and jhneoh like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Regardless of the theory of what is "same day", what the agents "should" allow or not allow, etc, how it will work in practice for a transit to SQ F at SIN (<24h) on separate tickets is as follows:

Day 1
- Arrive into SIN in Y

Day 2

And again, there is no such 24 hours rule. It's discretion.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist

Day 1
- Arrive into SIN in Y

Day 2

Nice, that's what I'm planning to do on my PEN-SIN-PVG with < 24 hour in SIN. Will pick up new F boarding pass on arrival, chill at TPR for a bit before heading out, and then come back the next morning. Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:19 am

And again, there is no such 24 hours rule. It's discretion.
It's not a matter of discretion, but rather an unpublished rule - just like the policy of allowing access to TPR upon arrival.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
SMK 777 raises an important issue
Av geeks (myself included), at their core, are seeking validation from their attachment to the process of flying, beginning to end, including all the lounge perks and there is a pervasive obsessive focus, with significant control issues, that accompanies this quest.
It is important that material "stuff" does not mimic and "repair" self-worth and a sense of entitlement.
That is best found in good therapy.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
It's not a matter of discretion, but rather an unpublished rule - just like the policy of allowing access to TPR upon arrival.
The arriving access is published.

"Suites and First Class customers arriving in Singapore on Singapore Airlines flights may use either The Private Room or the First Class SilverKris Lounge in Singapore Changi Airport."
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.