Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by jongesander
It will be next to the belt or at the lost luggage space. No worries about it.
Agree! SIN luggage is used to this and will collect any remaining bags off the carousel and store them.

Just make sure you enter Singapore through the terminal you arrived at, as that’s where the bags will be. So for example if you arrive at Terminal 2, but use the lounge at Terminal 3, you’ll need to head back to Terminal 2 to enter SIN and find your bags at the left luggage office.
denkigroove likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Thinking about booking a CGK - SIN just for private room access since I have an excess of MR points. Can I access PR on arrival before exiting the airport?
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Thinking about booking a CGK - SIN just for private room access since I have an excess of MR points. Can I access PR on arrival before exiting the airport?
Yes if you fly in on any F or Suites flight.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, *G, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, SkyTeam ElitePlus, GHA Titanium
I had some expiring miles to burn and booked a First flight from CGK - SIN. I am arriving into SIN just before noon. On a separate booking, I have a business class flight continuing on later that day all the way to SFO. At CGK I will attempt to check my bags all the way through to SFO. On the chance this is not possible, will I still be allowed to access TPR after collecting my bags and re-entering the airport? I would be in TPR for around9 hours assuming this is possible.

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Seikkyou
I had some expiring miles to burn and booked a First flight from CGK - SIN. I am arriving into SIN just before noon. On a separate booking, I have a business class flight continuing on later that day all the way to SFO. At CGK I will attempt to check my bags all the way through to SFO. On the chance this is not possible, will I still be allowed to access TPR after collecting my bags and re-entering the airport? I would be in TPR for around9 hours assuming this is possible.

Thanks!
SQ will check your bags through to SFO if you show them your booking in CGK.

The spirit of access to the TPR is to freshen up after your flight and maybe have a bite to eat before you go into the city. Full day glamping is not the intended use.

You have a valid boarding pass while in Changi and that appears to not be with SQ. Lounge access is mainly meant as a pre-departure benefit and the correct etiquette is to align with your departing flight.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, *G, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, SkyTeam ElitePlus, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by SMK77
SQ will check your bags through to SFO if you show them your booking in CGK.

The spirit of access to the TPR is to freshen up after your flight and maybe have a bite to eat before you go into the city. Full day glamping is not the intended use.

You have a valid boarding pass while in Changi and that appears to not be with SQ. Lounge access is mainly meant as a pre-departure benefit and the correct etiquette is to align with your departing flight.
The business class flight is also with SQ but if the etiquette is to use the departing flight’s lounge I will respect that. Thanks for your advice!
Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you show the staff both BP when entering the lounge, I'd reckon they will dutifully direct you to the TPR or at a minimum the F Lounge (if leaving from T3). Personally, while the TPR is a fine lounge (not earth shatteringly awesome, but very good), it is still not a place I would want to spend an extensive period like 9hrs. Post arrival you could grab a quick bite or such if desired and then maybe head into town to stretch your legs and enjoy some local food (the MRT / subway is very easy to ride into town and back) and then I'd show up maximum ~3-4hrs prior to the SFO flight to freshen up (shower, etc.) and have a snack or drink or both - depending if / how much you indulged in Singapore local fare or not. YMMV.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Agree with demue . The old Private Room had some runway views, what made it more attractive to sitting there for an extended time. If your inbound is on SQ F and outbound on SQ J it's perfectly fine to come in TPR upon arrival, then leave the lounge and use it again before your J flight.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by demue
If you show the staff both BP when entering the lounge, I'd reckon they will dutifully direct you to the TPR or at a minimum the F Lounge (if leaving from T3). Personally, while the TPR is a fine lounge (not earth shatteringly awesome, but very good), it is still not a place I would want to spend an extensive period like 9hrs. Post arrival you could grab a quick bite or such if desired and then maybe head into town to stretch your legs and enjoy some local food (the MRT / subway is very easy to ride into town and back) and then I'd show up maximum ~3-4hrs prior to the SFO flight to freshen up (shower, etc.) and have a snack or drink or both - depending if / how much you indulged in Singapore local fare or not. YMMV.
Originally Posted by jongesander
Agree with demue . The old Private Room had some runway views, what made it more attractive to sitting there for an extended time. If your inbound is on SQ F and outbound on SQ J it's perfectly fine to come in TPR upon arrival, then leave the lounge and use it again before your J flight.
Thank you both for your input. If leaving and re-entering the lounge is possible I would love to take a nice walk around the Jewel. I am frequently in Singapore as my girlfriend and a plethora of aunt and uncles live there, so I am very familiar with the city itself. I don't usually spend much time in Changi though, and as someone who loves airports I think taking a nice walk around the complex then returning to TPR is something that sounds very fun to me

I only wish my F flight also originated in Singapore so I could use the First entrance I have always seen when driving up the ramp to T3 departures.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Seikkyou
The business class flight is also with SQ but if the etiquette is to use the departing flight’s lounge I will respect that. Thanks for your advice!
I was assuming your next flight is not on SQ. That's changing my advice a little bit and I concur with the previous posts: Show them both boarding passes and I am pretty sure SQ will look after you.
DiamondMile and Seikkyou like this.

Last edited by SMK77; Sep 13, 2023 at 3:12 am
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:30 pm

To add a recent, similar experience to the most recent query by Seikkyou . I arrived in Suites on one ticket at 21:30 and departed the next day on a separate SQ J ticket at 17:30. I was permitted access to TPR both on arrival and the next day before my J flight, but the second visit I did have to specifically request "May I use TPR since I arrived in Suites within 24 hours" and the entrance agent had to check with a supervisor to ensure it was OK.
aramis78 and Seikkyou like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
To add a recent, similar experience to the most recent query by Seikkyou . I arrived in Suites on one ticket at 21:30 and departed the next day on a separate SQ J ticket at 17:30. I was permitted access to TPR both on arrival and the next day before my J flight, but the second visit I did have to specifically request "May I use TPR since I arrived in Suites within 24 hours" and the entrance agent had to check with a supervisor to ensure it was OK.
Lovely! That's very generous of SQ.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 12:28 pm

Hi! So glad to find this thread, never knew it existed where we can exchange pointers about these, some of the information is just elusive out there!
I'm going on my first Suites flight with SQ in a month's time, it is a significant investment even I had miles to spare as I booked First Advantage tickets for myself and my partner
Don't know how anyone manages to get Saver on suites class I have never ever seen them! Anyway this is my first time and maybe it wouldn't happen again, I'm not sure
but of course I want to be able to maximize the experience hence am reading up on it now. I realize that unlike everyone here my first class ticket is departing Singapore - which I deliberately got a departure ticket from SG as I thought that was the only way for me to experience TPR. Maybe I got it wrong as it looks like it's better to do it on arrival!
Anyway, I'm going to London and the flight timing is not good. It's at 9am. That means even if I check into TPR at 530am, I only have 3 hours at the most there, and morning breakfast isn't the best time to enjoy the facilities plus will be very tired too. I thought of checking in the day before, however TPR is closed 230am to 530am. My partner said why do I want to make myself so tired by going in 1 day before.
Can I know your thoughts on this? I saw that the rest rooms access are 2 hours each time only but even if we overstay/oversleep I cannot possibly imagine them chasing me out even if I had exceeded the time, or is this enforced strictly? I saw that the private rest rooms in SKL are not bad too, so I guess I can leave TPR and go there to sleep at 230am, but just that it would be a very disruptful rest and would I still be able to return to TPR later? Do you think I should go in earlier or just go in in the morning, or maybe even just change my flight to the return leg instead?

Is there actually any possibility of checking in the day before, have dinner and look around a bit first and still be able to go home rest and come back the next day?
Thanks!!
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by milemaximizer
Is there actually any possibility of checking in the day before, have dinner and look around a bit first and still be able to go home rest and come back the next day?
You absolutely cannot do that. What you can do, though, is get a room at the airside hotel. https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...it-hotels.html
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by milemaximizer
Hi! So glad to find this thread, never knew it existed where we can exchange pointers about these, some of the information is just elusive out there!
I'm going on my first Suites flight with SQ in a month's time, it is a significant investment even I had miles to spare as I booked First Advantage tickets for myself and my partner
Don't know how anyone manages to get Saver on suites class I have never ever seen them! Anyway this is my first time and maybe it wouldn't happen again, I'm not sure
but of course I want to be able to maximize the experience hence am reading up on it now. I realize that unlike everyone here my first class ticket is departing Singapore - which I deliberately got a departure ticket from SG as I thought that was the only way for me to experience TPR. Maybe I got it wrong as it looks like it's better to do it on arrival!
Anyway, I'm going to London and the flight timing is not good. It's at 9am. That means even if I check into TPR at 530am, I only have 3 hours at the most there, and morning breakfast isn't the best time to enjoy the facilities plus will be very tired too. I thought of checking in the day before, however TPR is closed 230am to 530am. My partner said why do I want to make myself so tired by going in 1 day before.
Can I know your thoughts on this? I saw that the rest rooms access are 2 hours each time only but even if we overstay/oversleep I cannot possibly imagine them chasing me out even if I had exceeded the time, or is this enforced strictly? I saw that the private rest rooms in SKL are not bad too, so I guess I can leave TPR and go there to sleep at 230am, but just that it would be a very disruptful rest and would I still be able to return to TPR later? Do you think I should go in earlier or just go in in the morning, or maybe even just change my flight to the return leg instead?

Thanks!!
Hi and welcome to FT! You are in for a treat with SQ suites!

The answer to your issue however is ‘no’. It is actually against the law to enter the airside part of the terminal unless you have the intention to fly. Entering to use the lounge for a few hours, go home, and come back again is an offence under Singapore law, and is enforced.

It’s the ‘going home’ that is the problem.

If your flight was say in the evening, you could enter first thing in the morning, spend all day in the lounge… that’s fine. Your entry to airside is to fly, you’re just early! But once you try to re-enter Singapore they’re going to want to know ‘why’.

I don’t know how early checkin opens, or whether you can check in the day before. If you were allowed to checkin the night before you could do so, visit the TPR, go to an airside hotel for the night to sleep, and go back to the TPR in the morning.
YuropFlyer and DiamondMile like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.