Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by stargold
It's not a matter of discretion, but rather an unpublished rule - just like the policy of allowing access to TPR upon arrival.
Actually the policy of access to TPR upon arrival IS a published rule. It's in the lounge access pdf that is linked on the Lounges page of SQ
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by ianassum
SMK 777 raises an important issue
Av geeks (myself included), at their core, are seeking validation from their attachment to the process of flying, beginning to end, including all the lounge perks and there is a pervasive obsessive focus, with significant control issues, that accompanies this quest.
It is important that material "stuff" does not mimic and "repair" self-worth and a sense of entitlement.
That is best found in good therapy.
Or maybe its just making your dollar go as far as it can?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by jongesander
The arriving access is published.

"Suites and First Class customers arriving in Singapore on Singapore Airlines flights may use either The Private Room or the First Class SilverKris Lounge in Singapore Changi Airport."
Originally Posted by aramis78
Actually the policy of access to TPR upon arrival IS a published rule. It's in the lounge access pdf that is linked on the Lounges page of SQ
Happy to be proven wrong - I know that it used to be an unpublished policy for a very long time.

Originally Posted by ianassum
SMK 777 raises an important issue
Av geeks (myself included), at their core, are seeking validation from their attachment to the process of flying, beginning to end, including all the lounge perks and there is a pervasive obsessive focus, with significant control issues, that accompanies this quest.
It is important that material "stuff" does not mimic and "repair" self-worth and a sense of entitlement.
That is best found in good therapy.
Whilst I might not see the benefit myself in spending any more time in a lounge than is necessary, particularly upon arrival when I could generally proceed directly to the hotel, (i) there are entirely justifiable reasons why you would choose to access a lounge that is available to you upon arrival, for example when your hotel will not let you check in yet, and (ii) in any case, I personally believe that the feasibility of access as a factual matter is separate and independent from the question of whether one should, which is dependent on individual perspectives and preferences.
aramis78 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SMK77
So with two separate tickets, SQ lounge agents should not grant access to TPR. And I think that makes absolute sense.
How on earth would a lounge agent know you have two separate tickets if you show up with an F boarding pass?

FWIW, just 2 weeks ago, I entered TPR after landing in Singapore in non-F, 16 hours before my flight in F the next morning. Nobody asked or said anything, I was warmly welcomed.
Reveen likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by aramis78
You have to be arriving in First Class passenger to have access to TPR on arrival. The OP is arriving on a different ticket and in Economy Class.

Lounge Access Rules

Star Alliance First Class Lounge rules

International First Class Customers

As an International First Class Customer, you have access to International First Class and any Star Alliance member carrier’s own lounges at the airport where your flight departs (not including ultra-premium exclusive lounges*) if the following conditions are met:
  • You present a boarding pass in International First Class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight
  • Your flight departs on the same day of your visit or latest by 05.00 AM next morning.
  • The lounge shows the Star Alliance Logo at the entrance.
Access Rules
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
The bottom line is, OP will have access to TPR the day before on the basis of their SIN-PVG F boarding pass. Re-entry is permitted when the OP returns the next day. From a lounge access standpoint it would be no different to someone originating in SIN who chooses to enter TPR the day before.

Talk about separate tickets, arrival access rules, or *A lounge policies (which don't even apply to TPR...) is just confusing matters.
carrotjuice, hdogan and Reveen like this.

Last edited by SilverChris; Oct 18, 2023 at 5:31 pm
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by SilverChris
The bottom line is, OP will have access to TPR the day before on the basis of their SIN-PVG F boarding pass..
I am sorry, that's not a correct statement.

SQ will most likely grant access as a courtesy but not based on any rules or policies but courtesy.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 11:13 pm

Hi everyone, we are arriving on SQ424 F Suites from BOM to SIN. We have a separate ticket with Qantas from SIN to Australia departing 12 hours later. Was hoping to use TPR on arrival - if we were to leave our checked in bags on the baggage carousel can we claim them a few hours later? Or should we collect them, do an early bag drop and then re-enter and go the private room?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by velhi25
Hi everyone, we are arriving on SQ424 F Suites from BOM to SIN. We have a separate ticket with Qantas from SIN to Australia departing 12 hours later. Was hoping to use TPR on arrival - if we were to leave our checked in bags on the baggage carousel can we claim them a few hours later? Or should we collect them, do an early bag drop and then re-enter and go the private room?
Unclaimed bags will be taken to lost luggage area, you can simply go to TPR, and claim the bags later on at lost luggage.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
There's a decent chance you can get your bags tagged through at the BOM check-in desk.

If you'd rather not head landside, you can try QF transfer desk in T1 but I'm not sure if their hours are limited. They can usually re-tag your bag behind the scenes.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
As already answered, not an issue. But just make sure you enter Singapore through the terminal your plane docked at. If it arrives at T3 you must enter at T3 to collect your bags. If it arrives at say T2, and you head to the SQ lounge, you must go back to T2 to clear immigration and collect your bags.
Reveen likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
I don’t understand the obsession with spending hours and hours in a lounge to kind of recoup the investment...

A lounge is a waiting room with some food and drinks. The TPR is definitely not a place where you want to spend six hours - there is absolutely nothing in there that makes it so desirable.

Think about how much you would be willing to pay for your first hour in the TPR and whether you would pay the same for the second hour and then the third. Most people won’t be willing to spend any extra money on staying yet another hour after that.
Hey all! sorry for taking so long to reply, had a personal emergency...
Looking to maximize the time in the lounge is not to 'recoup' investment or any amount paid actually, it is more of like making sure to put yourself in the best position to take in the full experience and I won't come off after it as having felt like the experience was cut short. Not sure if you guys get what I mean..
but actually hours after I had posted I had already decided on it already. I told my partner abt that plan and he was like, why would you want to go out of the way to tire yourself out so much before the trip. So, I thought that yea it didn't make sense, as much as I wanted to maximize the experience but the highlight of course is definitely the trip and I want to embark on the best physical condition...
We were very interested in the tempur beds though! wish I could sleep overnight in that! Is that only in TPR or would it be in the first class silverkris lounge? We both love tempur beds and that adjustable bed is truly a dream. I wonder if they allow visitors to bring the pillows home? 😬 that would be a big bonus
I definitely would not want to waste money on booking a transit hotel just to stay in TPR longer, wouldn't pay a single cent more than necessary! That being said I still think 2hrs would not be enough bcos in the usual lounges it already isn't very enough for me (I'm a slow eater and I really take my time). With that I think most probably I would aim to reach the airport at 5am, check in by 530am and access TPR when it opens, then maybe I have just about 3hrs before I have to go, I think that's enough

I also figured this trip prob isn't very suitable to use the TPR, it is better to, if let's say I find that it is worth it, book FC on a shorter trip elsewhere where I can actually afford the energy to 'slum it out' in the TPR for a longer time period. But for now I'll be happy with just a bit more. Also because there would be some changes in my health condition when I fly, so I was also thinking abt that, would not want to stress myself too much.

I'm also just wondering.... if anyone might know this...
But has anyone ever managed to ask for an extension in krisflyer gold membership and actually succeeded in their request? Lovely week ahead guys!
Old Oct 23, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Can't answer about TPR, but BOMSQ can through tag luggage to QF. Just tell the agent that you have a seperate ticket with QF and if they refuse, get the supervisor.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by milemaximizer
Looking to maximize the time in the lounge is not to 'recoup' investment or any amount paid actually, it is more of like making sure to put yourself in the best position to take in the full experience and I won't come off after it as having felt like the experience was cut short. Not sure if you guys get what I mean.
Each person has their own opinions. I'd say if you've never done a long layover at TPR, then by all means don't be dissuaded by others and do so at least once and come to your own judgement on whether it's worthwhile and a pleasant enough experience for you. You won't know until you try. (speaking from the perspective of someone who intentionally stretched my overnight DOH layover to 18 hours, so I could go the DOH art trail and lounge hop between Al Safwa and the two Al Mourjans... and loved it!)

Originally Posted by milemaximizer
I wonder if they allow visitors to bring the pillows home? 😬 that would be a big bonus
But this... if you feel compelled to ask, you'd likely know well what the answer is.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:44 am

[QUOTE=carrotjuice;35688243]Each person has their own opinions. I'd say if you've never done a long layover at TPR, then by all means don't be dissuaded by others and do so at least once and come to your own judgement on whether it's worthwhile and a pleasant enough experience for you. You won't know until you try. (speaking from the perspective of someone who intentionally stretched my overnight DOH layover to 18 hours, so I could go the DOH art trail and lounge hop between Al Safwa and the two Al Mourjans... and loved it!)

Thanks for the input! I'm very fickle and keep changing my mind because later on when I plan around it, I realize if I wanted to go in earlier in the morning I have to wake up very early and rush too, so why not just check in the night before, have a nice dinner, shower there then rest until 8+am then board directly. I can skip breakfast since I'm having dinner there already. But that is assuming that I would be able to sleep in the rest beds for the whole night. I don't think there would be much people, when nobody requests the rest place I can extend right? So... thinking about it still...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.