Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2023, 4:22 am

Hi all, I'm back here to update! I eventually did stay overnight. In fact on the morning of the flight, I had decided I would just go earlier in the morning with my partner, however as fate would have it, I told my family and my uncle convinced and persuaded me to stay overnight instead, with alot of talking! So I decided to be brave and undertake that decision albeit being alone, and I thought it was the best decision! I'll tell you why. Actually the time passed very fast, and the only thing I regret is I should have checked in earlier. Because we waited at home for my partner to finish eating dinner before sending me to the airport, when actually I should have asked him to send me to airport first. There's a very nice dedicated lane and subsequently check in for first class, it was all very nice. We won't have been able to process it carefully if we had both just taken a cab in the rush of the morning. Because he sent me after dinner, I only reached at 9+pm, that meant that by the time I was done with dinner, it was already 10+ almost 11pm, then I went to take a shower there, and by the time I went into the 'day rooms' to rest, it was already almost midnight. So the time passed very fast.

The food was all very good, exemplary, worth my effort in going earlier to savour! The shower rooms are SO luxurious, much more luxe than my own home, maybe ever. The bathroom is really very great and the rain shower was superb! Lots of space...

So the thing... I slept in the TPR day rooms, but I did not wake, and nobody, none of the staff bothered to come and chase me. TPR did close at 230am, but I went ahead sleeping there in the room, I don't think the staff cared actually. Nobody chased me. So I actually used the room throughout until I think 6am? I did wake up once to go to the bathrooms, with which there were some cleaners outside who saw me, but they also paid me no attention. At 630am my partner was already there, so we went for breakfast together. Nobody used the day rooms at all other than myself, and when my partner arrived, him. Nobody else used the rooms at all, not sure why, so I can say with certainty that you can expect the day rooms to have very little occupancy, cos not everyone goes in to use the day room. TPR was, well I would not say it's crowded of course, but it's not empty. there were people there, quite a number but still very private, so it's not that the rooms were empty cos no one is flying suites but that they are not using the rooms. We did go to take a look at the silverkris first class too in the morning, and it was quite crowded. bustling. I was surprised so many flying first class! Also took a peek at the day rooms in first class lounge, they are the same with the same bed just smaller than the ones in TPR, and they were also all not occupied.

the time passed very fast for me and I think the only thing I would change is I should have checked in earlier to have an earlier dinner so I can settle in earlier and get more rest, and I think staying overnight is great, think you can try if it is possible to get the full experience!
Singapore_Air and hdogan like this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by milemaximizer
We did go to take a look at the silverkris first class too in the morning, and it was quite crowded. bustling. I was surprised so many flying first class! Also took a peek at the day rooms in first class lounge, they are the same with the same bed just smaller than the ones in TPR, and they were also all not occupied.
The FCL can used by PPS Solitaire members flying in any class (or arriving in any class)... probably more of those than F class passengers.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:52 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Is it still the case I could use the private room arriving from Suite class and departing on LX First same day?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Is it still the case I could use the private room arriving from Suite class and departing on LX First same day?
Yes! It’s an arrival benefit flying suites or first.
Reveen likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes! It’s an arrival benefit flying suites or first.
Beeing not too familiar with Changi Airport: how do I get to the Private Room after exiting the airplane (arriving from Europe)? Do I just walk past it when heading for immigration?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Udoo
Beeing not too familiar with Changi Airport: how do I get to the Private Room after exiting the airplane (arriving from Europe)? Do I just walk past it when heading for immigration?
That depends on which terminal you land. After exiting the plane, follow signs for Terminal 3, and look for Silverkris or SQ First Class lounge. The Private Room is just a section within the SQ First Class lounge.
Reveen and Udoo like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
TPR Access Upon Arrival

How does access to the Private Room work on arrivals? Do you just head straight to the lounge and go through immigration later on? I’ve never done this before on an international flight, so not sure if there’s any concerns waiting to go through immigration.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by sfflyer415
How does access to the Private Room work on arrivals? Do you just head straight to the lounge and go through immigration later on? I’ve never done this before on an international flight, so not sure if there’s any concerns waiting to go through immigration.
Singapore is akin to a domestic airport in the US. Once you land, you have full access to airside facilities. Once you’re done with that, you head to immigration. This is accomplished by having security at each gate, rather than in a central location. Means you have to leave more time when leaving the lounge and heading to your flight.
Reveen likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Yes, spot on.

If you are terminating in Singapore a couple of things to bear in mind. Your luggage will be taken off the carousel and stored at the left luggage counter,

To retrieve that you must enter Singapore (complete immigration) at the terminal you arrived in. So if by chance you arrive in terminal 2, head to the private room in T3, you must then return to T2 to complete immigration and collect your bags.

If you don’t have baggage, any terminal will do for immigration.

Having your luggage held at left luggage is common, they always seem to have lots of bags there.
Reveen likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:55 pm

Our flight leaves at 1am, and we’re hoping to take a long nap beforehand. I’ve read they limit 2 hours for the sleeping rooms.

How strict is the Lounge with this time limit? We’re hoping to get a good 4 hour nap so we can stay up on the flight.
jagmeets and Reveen like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: Airpoints
Our flight leaves at 1am, and we’re hoping to take a long nap beforehand. I’ve read they limit 2 hours for the sleeping rooms.

How strict is the Lounge with this time limit? We’re hoping to get a good 4 hour nap so we can stay up on the flight.
Judging by the high demand from last Saturday and overhearing the concierge's conversation, I'd say it is strict.

I'm sure I saw someone just openly curled up on a couch having a nap in the TPR last month.
Reveen likes this.

Last edited by travellingmip; Apr 4, 2024 at 3:58 am Reason: grammar
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Later this month I am on an advantage award booking that is booked and paid as first, but the last segement is in buiness as there was not first available. JFK-FRA-SIN-stopover-BKK. The stopover is 2 days. Will they allow first class lounge access when I depart on what is a paid F seat (although ticketed as biz)?

Last edited by Surface Interval; Apr 4, 2024 at 6:43 am
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by travellingmip
Judging by the high demand from last Saturday and overhearing the concierge's conversation, I'd say it is strict.

I'm sure I saw someone just openly curled up on a couch having a nap in the TPR last month.
I know this thread is about the Private Room, but is the First Class lounge outside less busy? Maybe the beds in the First Class lounge are used less?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: Airpoints
I know this thread is about the Private Room, but is the First Class lounge outside less busy? Maybe the beds in the First Class lounge are used less?
You'd certainly be eligible to use the First Class lounge. I don't know what it is like or what the policy on length of time using the resting rooms. I'd expect it to be busier than The Private Room.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Later this month I am on an advantage award booking that is booked and paid as first, but the last segement is in buiness as there was not first available. JFK-FRA-SIN-stopover-BKK. The stopover is 2 days. Will they allow first class lounge access when I depart on what is a paid F seat (although ticketed as biz)?
No, they won't allow use of the First Class Lounge when you depart.

Your boarding pass on the day of departure is the only thing that matters - and that's in Business Class.

You will be invited to the Silverkris Lounge.
Surface Interval and Reveen like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.