Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I don’t understand the obsession with spending hours and hours in a lounge to kind of recoup the investment...

A lounge is a waiting room with some food and drinks. The TPR is definitely not a place where you want to spend six hours - there is absolutely nothing in there that makes it so desirable.

Think about how much you would be willing to pay for your first hour in the TPR and whether you would pay the same for the second hour and then the third. Most people won’t be willing to spend any extra money on staying yet another hour after that.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by milemaximizer
Don't know how anyone manages to get Saver on suites class I have never ever seen them!
Slightly OT, but they occasionally pop up for less popular destinations of BOM and DEL. And during the pandemic, they were widely available (doesn't help the situation now, admittedly!)
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by SMK77
I don’t understand the obsession with spending hours and hours in a lounge to kind of recoup the investment...

A lounge is a waiting room with some food and drinks. The TPR is definitely not a place where you want to spend six hours - there is absolutely nothing in there that makes it so desirable.

Think about how much you would be willing to pay for your first hour in the TPR and whether you would pay the same for the second hour and then the third. Most people won’t be willing to spend any extra money on staying yet another hour after that.
Agree. Haven’t been to the new TPR, but the old one was worth about an hour. And the food wasn’t anything amazing.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I probably could kill 2 hrs, max 3 hrs at TPR if I include a shower / fresh up or a power nap or so. If one can drink a lot maybe a longer time for them, but there is even better champagne on board so why fill up in the lounge and in all honesty, even if I wanted to, I think I top out at 1 bottle total consumption these days to avoid feeling miserable later .

I much rather get an hour of extra sleep than sit in the TPR at 6amish. YMMV
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
If you really want to spend some time in TPR milemaximizer you can add a short Intra Asia sector on the day before. For example, take CGK-SIN in F the day before and use TPR on arrival. Then go home, sleep and come back.

It will not cost you extra miles to add the connection, but you have to make a positioning flight.

Agree with the other posts here. The Private Room is a nice lounge but not a place to kill a day.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jongesander
If you really want to spend some time in TPR milemaximizer you can add a short Intra Asia sector on the day before. For example, take CGK-SIN in F the day before and use TPR on arrival. Then go home, sleep and come back.
No need for an F flight. OP will have access to TPR in the 24 hours prior to their flight. They can easily pick up their F boarding passes the day before, take a Y flight anywhere (KUL/BKK) that lands in the afternoon/evening, and go to TPR for dinner. Re-enter Singapore (returning from the short flight), then next morning exit Singapore for their LHR flight.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by hdogan
No need for an F flight. OP will have access to TPR in the 24 hours prior to their flight. They can easily pick up their F boarding passes the day before, take a Y flight anywhere (KUL/BKK) that lands in the afternoon/evening, and go to TPR for dinner. Re-enter Singapore (returning from the short flight), then next morning exit Singapore for their LHR flight.
Note my words "for example". OP can add any regional flight in any class, but given the fact OP has already used an Advantage award it would be logic to add a F/J sector.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by jongesander
Note my words "for example". OP can add any regional flight in any class, but given the fact OP has already used an Advantage award it would be logic to add a F/J sector.
SQ will say no availability. Married segment etc and then will suggest to cancel and rebook.

like what other day, don’t get the fuss of staying long in TPR or any other lounge. There is a limit of how much your stomach can swallow.

and to pay a few hundred dollars to stay in the airport hotel just to enjoy the lounge the night before is also a bad idea.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by milemaximizer
Hi! So glad to find this thread, never knew it existed where we can exchange pointers about these, some of the information is just elusive out there!
I'm going on my first Suites flight with SQ in a month's time, it is a significant investment even I had miles to spare as I booked First Advantage tickets for myself and my partner
Don't know how anyone manages to get Saver on suites class I have never ever seen them! Anyway this is my first time and maybe it wouldn't happen again, I'm not sure
but of course I want to be able to maximize the experience hence am reading up on it now. I realize that unlike everyone here my first class ticket is departing Singapore - which I deliberately got a departure ticket from SG as I thought that was the only way for me to experience TPR. Maybe I got it wrong as it looks like it's better to do it on arrival!
Anyway, I'm going to London and the flight timing is not good. It's at 9am. That means even if I check into TPR at 530am, I only have 3 hours at the most there, and morning breakfast isn't the best time to enjoy the facilities plus will be very tired too. I thought of checking in the day before, however TPR is closed 230am to 530am. My partner said why do I want to make myself so tired by going in 1 day before.
Can I know your thoughts on this? I saw that the rest rooms access are 2 hours each time only but even if we overstay/oversleep I cannot possibly imagine them chasing me out even if I had exceeded the time, or is this enforced strictly? I saw that the private rest rooms in SKL are not bad too, so I guess I can leave TPR and go there to sleep at 230am, but just that it would be a very disruptful rest and would I still be able to return to TPR later? Do you think I should go in earlier or just go in in the morning, or maybe even just change my flight to the return leg instead?

Is there actually any possibility of checking in the day before, have dinner and look around a bit first and still be able to go home rest and come back the next day?
Thanks!!
This is not answering your question but I’m curious - what is the earliest time you can check in before a flight? How would it be possible to check in the day before? In Sydney you can’t go airside without a boarding pass and they only open the checkin counters 3 hours before the flight.. so unless you’re already airside connecting, I just don’t see how it would work. Unless digital boarding passes are a thing in SIN and you don’t need to check your bags in?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:55 pm

I have to agree.. I wouldn’t be in any lounge for any period of time unless I was waiting for my flight and had nothing else to do. Certainly is a treat to spend the time waiting in an elegant space that’s peaceful and provides food, bev and a shower room that you don’t need to get on a 2 hour wait list to use… (Silverkris lounge - I’m looking at you). So I would certainly be extremely happy and grateful to use TPR on a 2 hour layover (which I will, in December and again at the end of January), but i look at it as the best alternative, not the pinnacle of my trip.
N515CR likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Dozbez
This is not answering your question but I’m curious - what is the earliest time you can check in before a flight? How would it be possible to check in the day before? In Sydney you can’t go airside without a boarding pass and they only open the checkin counters 3 hours before the flight.. so unless you’re already airside connecting, I just don’t see how it would work. Unless digital boarding passes are a thing in SIN and you don’t need to check your bags in?
You can check in 24 hours before your flight for many airlines at SIN, with checked luggage. SQ does it at their counters, there's a separate "early check-in" desk at the Jewel where many other airlines offer this service as well.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You can check in 24 hours before your flight for many airlines at SIN, with checked luggage. SQ does it at their counters, there's a separate "early check-in" desk at the Jewel where many other airlines offer this service as well.
So interesting! Thanks for the info. Very different in my city. Maybe because of our air traffic time restrictions and very lame airport.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Change of Plans HND JAL to SIN then SIN SQ to MEL F

Ok ,so already worked out a plan with the help of FT folks, but now rethinking the pickup baggage T1 (arriving JL 37 at 530pm) and go to Dusit Thani for a few hours. Now thinking about taking bags to T3 and checking in to SQ for F flight to MEL the following morning (745), spending a couple of hours in the TPR, then booking 6 hours in the T3 transit hotel, before moving back to the TPR at 500 for my 745 flight onward. The price is similar to the Dusit Thani for the night, but I get a bit more quality F&B for the time spent. This is based on understanding I would have access to TPR the night before F flight.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by cyborg
Ok ,so already worked out a plan with the help of FT folks, but now rethinking the pickup baggage T1 (arriving JL 37 at 530pm) and go to Dusit Thani for a few hours. Now thinking about taking bags to T3 and checking in to SQ for F flight to MEL the following morning (745), spending a couple of hours in the TPR, then booking 6 hours in the T3 transit hotel, before moving back to the TPR at 500 for my 745 flight onward. The price is similar to the Dusit Thani for the night, but I get a bit more quality F&B for the time spent. This is based on understanding I would have access to TPR the night before F flight.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
I think you didn't read our feedback carefully. Hanging out the whole day at the airport and spending countless hours in lounges was not what we recommended.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: Alaska
I think you didn't read our feedback carefully. Hanging out the whole day at the airport and spending countless hours in lounges was not what we recommended.
he can leave airport and re-enter later to use the transit hotel, rest and enjoy the TPR in the morning. It will be easier than a hotel outside airport.
cyborg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.