Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
deleted
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Has anyone seen a more specific schedule for the renovation beyond what was originally released?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by michelin
Has anyone seen a more specific schedule for the renovation beyond what was originally released?
Slated completion date Aug 1, 2021 - apart from that who knows - it is a very fluid process - plans change daily.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:52 pm

I’ll be staying at Crowne Plaza the night before my F flight the following morning. Can I access TPR the evening before my flight?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by OutofToiletPaper
I’ll be staying at Crowne Plaza the night before my F flight the following morning. Can I access TPR the evening before my flight?
If you are in TRANSIT in singapore, arriving into Changai, staying the night at Crowne, then leaving next morning... yes, you’d be able to access TPR on arrival from your incoming flight (as long as you have a boarding pass). You’d have to use the lounge before clearing immigration to enter Singapore.

If you are originating in Singapore, then NO, you cannot go into the departures area, use TPR, then exit to go back to the hotel.

Persons entering the departures area must be intending to travel. Any other use of a boarding pass... for example just to use a lounge...is considered a serious offence and you will likely be stopped when you try to leave.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Exclamation

A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.

Wow tough rules - & you can add TG SIN-BKK in J & onward to LHR in F to the list of non entry
I'd assume it was based on the longer journey, which would grant me access but they said no - it's based on the departing flight/BP

Must be really exclusive in there!

What's the reason for not granting access to other *A partner airlines pax who are traveling in F?

Seems kinda mean ... & which lounges do LH & Swiss use for their F pax then?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76

A* F pax uses SKL's First Class lounge.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaffir76

Wow tough rules - & you can add TG SIN-BKK in J & onward to LHR in F to the list of non entry
I'd assume it was based on the longer journey, which would grant me access but they said no - it's based on the departing flight/BP

Must be really exclusive in there!

What's the reason for not granting access to other *A partner airlines pax who are traveling in F?

‘Long haul journey’ rules apply to oneworld, not star. Star has always been about the next departing flight, although individual airlines may accommodate their own passengers in their own lounges differently (for example connecting TG-TG will get you into the F lounge if arriving F and departing J)
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
If I arrive in SQ F from HKG (7:45 PM) and continue to BKK in SQ J the following day, will I have TPR access before my BKK flight? Would both flights have to be on the same ticket? Would it have to be a morning flight to BKK or can I fly later in the day? Does it matter if the ticket was issued by SQ or, say, AS?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:54 pm

2 years seems a bit long for renovation...
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by aspiringtraveller11
2 years seems a bit long for renovation...
2 years is for all the lounges. (Gold lounge/SKL/TPR). They have to renovate section by section
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:57 am

Tried to search for an answer in this thread... went back a dozen pages or so but no joy.

I’m flying SQ J to HKG and connecting F on SQ2 to SFO later that same day. Will I be able to access TPR at SIN?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does the SQ private room has napping rooms?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does the SQ private room has napping rooms?

IIRC just a lounge chair with an ottoman in a small room. Not a proper bed or bedroom.

Depending on the length of your transit, the transit hotel may be an option - about $60..
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
IIRC just a lounge chair with an ottoman in a small room. Not a proper bed or bedroom.

Depending on the length of your transit, the transit hotel may be an option - about $60..
And IIRC the lights can’t be dimmed. It’s more suited for FaceTiming than napping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.