Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
It was my understanding access to TPR was not allowed on arrival.
As LHR/MEL/Europe FF says, you definitely have TPR access as an arrivals F passenger. You don't even need to have a connecting SQ flight, we had TG Y flights on a separate ticket and got TPR access. All thanks to the comments on this thread - otherwise we would have gone straight to the gate and missed a shower/breakfast after coming in from London.

Originally Posted by jongesander
I am flying PVG-SIN in F. The next day I am flying SIN-DPS in J (seperate ticket). If I use TPR after arriving on PVG-SIN, is there any chance they hand me out an invitation for the next day? Ofcourse I know it's officially not allowed, but.... :-)
I don't know - maybe walk in with your F boarding pass, say you "slept" at the airport overnight and see what happens? They might double take at the flight date and refuse entry but you never know.
jongesander likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Are we able to use FCL at LHR if we are flying LX (J) to ZRH then onto JNB in F? 1K
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Seat 1K
Are we able to use FCL at LHR if we are flying LX (J) to ZRH then onto JNB in F? 1K
Not sure this the right thread, but no, you cannot.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:24 am

TPR access

Two questions-

arriving Singapore PVG - SIN suite/first class, having a stopover for 5 days before departing SIN-SYD in first.
Am I able to access TPR upon arrival? (Despite having a 5day stopover)

SIN - SYD is a 10am flight. Planning to stay overnight at the transit hotel, as I’m sending GF back to china the night before. Am I able to access TPR the night before my flight if I’m staying at the transit hotel?

much thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Noizefer
Two questions-

arriving Singapore PVG - SIN suite/first class, having a stopover for 5 days before departing SIN-SYD in first.

SIN - SYD is a 10am flight. Planning to stay overnight at the transit hotel, as I’m sending GF back to china the night before. Am I able to access TPR the night before my flight if I’m staying at the transit hotel?

much thanks!
Hi and welcome to FT!

The asnwers are 'yes' to both.

On arrival show your inbound boarding pass to get access to the Private Room. Do not collect your luggage, you can do that later when you decide to enter Singapore (it will held for you automatically at the left luggage office, beside the baggage recliam. Just make sure you 'enter' Singapore through the same terminal your flight landed, if that happens to be different from T3).

On departure once you have checked in you will be issued a boarding pass and lounge invite.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Noizefer
Two questions-

much thanks!
Yes, to TPR on arrival from PVG.

No, to accessing TPR the night before your F flight to SYD.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63

No, to accessing TPR the night before your F flight to SYD.
I wuld have thought this would have been ok? Once checked in the OP will receive boarding passes and a lounge invite?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I wuld have thought this would have been ok? Once checked in the OP will receive boarding passes and a lounge invite?
The day before the F flight ?

Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The day before the F flight ?
AFAIK, yes. Once you're checked-in your eligible to use the lounge. (What you can't do is enter the departures area, use the lounge, and then exit again.)

But others might be able to chime in on the accuracy of this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
AFAIK, yes. Once you're checked-in your eligible to use the lounge. (What you can't do is enter the departures area, use the lounge, and then exit again.)

But others might be able to chime in on the accuracy of this.
Wow, interesting, to be able to use a FCL the day before a F flight & *A which is hardly known for generous lounge admission rules...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, interesting, to be able to use a FCL the day before a F flight & *A which is hardly known for generous lounge admission rules...
This is 'own metal' as opposed to star alliance. If you were flying Thai I'm not sure the lounge invite would be valid that far in advance. The other - pehaps unique - feature is that this in SIN, which allows check in up to 48 hours prior (although I don't know if anyone would actually do that and then head through to the departures concourse). But certainly 24 hours prior you could. There's no requirement for a 'same day' boaridng pass like HKG (and most other airports).
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN, AYP LAT
Quote from the Singapore Police:

DON’T MISUSE YOUR BOARDING PASS

The transit areas of Changi Airport are gazetted as Protected Places. The Police would like to remind all passengers who enter the transit hall with a boarding pass should only be there for the purpose of travelling to their next destinations. Those who misuse their boarding pass to enter the transit areas, with no intention to proceed to their next destination, are liable for an offence under the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act. The offender may be prosecuted in Court and shall be liable on conviction to a fine of $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term of 2 years or to both.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steektrader
Quote from the Singapore Police:

DON’T MISUSE YOUR BOARDING PASS

The transit areas of Changi Airport are gazetted as Protected Places. The Police would like to remind all passengers who enter the transit hall with a boarding pass should only be there for the purpose of travelling to their next destinations. Those who misuse their boarding pass to enter the transit areas, with no intention to proceed to their next destination, are liable for an offence under the Protected Areas and Protected Places Act. The offender may be prosecuted in Court and shall be liable on conviction to a fine of $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term of 2 years or to both.
I think in this case it will be ok. The OP is entering the departures hall with the intention of flying - albeit the next morning. And they will have a hotel reservation for the night.

What the OP can't do is go in to see their girlfriend off, then enter Singapore again, and then come back.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:33 am

Entering the secure area on the previous day is absolutely fine, as long as you do not come back out (i.e. if you sleep at the transit hotel). You will be able to access the lounge as often as you want once you're airside.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
When I first started browsing FT many many years ago, the common practice was to check in the night before, have dinner in TPR, then go home and sleep before re-checking in the next day for breakfast at TPR before your flight

Checking in previous night (up to 24 hours earlier if you are kiasu enough) to enter TPR is still possible, but now you're not allowed to leave* the transit area, so you need to either slum it on a TPR/First Lounge couch or check in to a transit hotel.

* I guess technically it was always the case that you weren't allowed to leave, just that it didn't seem to be actively enforced

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.