Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:54 pm

Hey everyone.

Just looking for a bit of information please.

I'll be flying from SYD-SIN on SQ222 in Suites Class, landing at 21:05.
3 hours later (00:05) I have a flight with LOT Polish Airlines SIN-WAW in business class on a separate ticket.

I understand I'll be able to access the Private Room by showing my SYD-SIN suites class boarding pass? But I can't seem to find any information on which Terminal I will land at on my flight from Sydney. My flight with LOT departs from Terminal 2. Is it easy to walk from T3 to T2? Can I use the Private Room if my flight is departing from T2?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mr_moon
Hey everyone.

Just looking for a bit of information please.

3 hours later (00:05) I have a flight with LOT Polish Airlines SIN-WAW in business class on a separate ticket.

I understand I'll be able to access the Private Room by showing my SYD-SIN suites class boarding pass? But I can't seem to find any information on which Terminal I will land at on my flight from Sydney. My flight with LOT departs from Terminal 2. Is it easy to walk from T3 to T2? Can I use the Private Room if my flight is departing from T2?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are all connected and you can move freely between them. Just allow enough time to get to terminal 2 for your flight, allowing for security at the gate. You can use TPR regardless of the departure terminal.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are all connected and you can move freely between them. Just allow enough time to get to terminal 2 for your flight, allowing for security at the gate. You can use TPR regardless of the departure terminal.
That's great thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by mr_moon

Since SQ222 is an A380 flight, it's almost guaranteed to arrive in T3 as (AFAIK) there aren't any SQ A380 departures out of T2.

Getting between terminals in Changi is very easy with the Skytrains (except T4...). Walking between T3 and T2 is possible but you'll have to loop through T1 first.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Since SQ222 is an A380 flight, it's almost guaranteed to arrive in T3 as (AFAIK) there aren't any SQ A380 departures out of T2.

Getting between terminals in Changi is very easy with the Skytrains (except T4...). Walking between T3 and T2 is possible but you'll have to loop through T1 first.
Excellent, thank you
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Dear SQ experts,
I read the Wiki and a number of posts and it does not seem completely clear whether I will have TPR access or not, as experiences seem to vary. Could you help with your experiences?

I will fly on SQ222 SYD-SIN in suites and arrive in SIN at 21:20, will then leave on LH F at 23:55 the following day (i.e. will be in SIN a bit more than 26 hours).

Since I won't be picked up for my hotel after arrival antil 23:00, I was wondering whether there is a chance to use TPR after arrival?

And, since I arrived on SQ suites and will continue on LH F after a fairly short layover, is there any chance to use TPS before departure?

Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear SQ experts,
I read the Wiki and a number of posts and it does not seem completely clear whether I will have TPR access or not, as experiences seem to vary. Could you help with your experiences?

I will fly on SQ222 SYD-SIN in suites and arrive in SIN at 21:20, will then leave on LH F at 23:55 the following day (i.e. will be in SIN a bit more than 26 hours).

Since I won't be picked up for my hotel after arrival antil 23:00, I was wondering whether there is a chance to use TPR after arrival?

And, since I arrived on SQ suites and will continue on LH F after a fairly short layover, is there any chance to use TPS before departure?

Thank you!
TPR can be used as an arrivals lounge.

You can use the SQ F lounge prior to your LH F flight. The time is too long for your stopover, no longer considered 'arrivals'.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:00 am

TPR can be used as an arrivals lounge.

You can use the SQ F lounge prior to your LH F flight. The time is too long for your stopover, no longer considered 'arrivals'.
Thank you very much.

Would 1 hour 40 minutes between arrival and pick up from the airport too tight for a quick meal at the TPR? And, it is it possible to access it before immigration?

Last edited by worldclubber; Sep 20, 2018 at 3:08 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you very much.

Would 1 hour 40 minutes between arrival and pick up from the airport too tight for a quick meal at the TPR? And, it is it possible to access it before immigration?
Arrivals and departures aren't separated in Singapore so you can come straight off theplane and to the lounge. Once you've eaten, head to immigration and baggage reclaim. (Don't worry about your bags, just leave them, they'll be taken off the belt and kept securely until you get there. There is no need to notify anyone of this, it's done automatically.)

Arrival takes five minutes. Allow 30 minutes to pass immigration and collect your luggage. That gives you an hour to eat.

You'll get much better food outside though!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:39 am

Arrivals and departures aren't separated in Singapore so you can come straight off theplane and to the lounge. Once you've eaten, head to immigration and baggage reclaim. (Don't worry about your bags, just leave them, they'll be taken off the belt and kept securely until you get there. There is no need to notify anyone of this, it's done automatically.)

Arrival takes five minutes. Allow 30 minutes to pass immigration and collect your luggage. That gives you an hour to eat.

You'll get much better food outside though!
Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated.

Just want to have a quick meal before I go to the hotel, as most hotels also do not offer great food. Will, however, enjoy authentic Singaporean food, which I love, the following day and head to the First Class Lounge late, as I have been told it is nothing special. If you have any recommendations for great authentic food the next day, please feel free to let me know. (maybe via pm, as it is off topic)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated.

Just want to have a quick meal before I go to the hotel, as most hotels also do not offer great food. Will, however, enjoy authentic Singaporean food, which I love, the following day and head to the First Class Lounge late, as I have been told it is nothing special.
You're almost walking through the F lounge to get to the TPR. So you can check out the F side. I think you'll be surprised!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:17 am

You're almost walking through the F lounge to get to the TPR. So you can check out the F side. I think you'll be surprised!
Will do that.

Thanks again for all the helpful advice. ^
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended

What's the best thing to order off the breakfast menu in TPR?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Just want to have a quick meal before I go to the hotel, as most hotels also do not offer great food.
It really depends on which hotel you're staying at; some of the best restaurants in the city are hosted in hotels (e.g. Yan Ting for dimsum at the St Regis, Shinji for sushi at St.Regis and Carlton, etc).
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kapooncha
What's the best thing to order off the breakfast menu in TPR?
I like the eggs benedict, but I think they'll make you eggs any way you like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.