Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by S.R
So just confirming, TPR can be used upon arrival even when not connecting to another flight the same or next day?

Flying JFK-FRA-SIN in suites which arrives SIN at 7am. Since the hotel room probably won't be ready that early, can we go to TPR on arrival to have breakfast, shower etc?

Assuming the answer is yes, what happens with checked luggage? Would have checked luggage make this a no go?
Anyone done this before? What would they do with the luggage if we don't claim it for an hour or 2 after landing?

Thanks!
Yes, you have arrival access.

Your luggage... do nothing. It will be taken off the reclaim belt by airport services and stored in left luggage. This is located immediately adjacent to the reclaim belts. You will collect it when you decide to leave the airport.

This is standard practice and recommended by the airport. They state this procedure in cases where, for example, people arrive but use the airside hotel.

One note: you must enter Singapore through the arrival hall in the terminal at which you pulled up. So if your flight arrives at T3, you exit through T3 as this is where your bags will have come off.

If you arrive at say T2, and go to the Private Room in T3, you must return to T2 to enter singapore and claim your bags from the baggage reclaim for that terminal.

It's all very straightforward.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Sorry for the confusion is the Private Room reserved for only those in the A380 Suites?

I am flying Sin to HND on 777 in F. Will I have access?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tennislover9
Sorry for the confusion is the Private Room reserved for only those in the A380 Suites? I am flying Sin to HND on 777 in F. Will I have access?
Yes, you will have access. TPR is available for all SQ First pax.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Hi, arrive at 11pm and depart at 8am the next day. Can we stay in the private room overnight to sleep?

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Hi, arrive at 11pm and depart at 8am the next day. Can we stay in the private room overnight to sleep?

Thanks!
No. It shuts at night. But the lounge is available, without specific sleepers AFAIK
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie

Thanks!
There is the Ambassador Transit Hotel.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Private Room is closed for a few hours overnight (early hours of the morning) -- no idea if that is true.

What I've also read multiple times elsewhere (and is what I plan to do next month for my upcoming SIN-NRT) is check in the night before, visit the Private Room for dinner, go home and sleep and then the next morning use the Private Room for breakfast
Is this acceptable within the rules? One would assume it is but didn't know whether the invite gets taken at reception or something?

We are arriving at Changi T2 at 17.30 and then leaving at 9am the next day in Suites. I assume we could do that and check into a hotel? Would mean two meals .
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by wavery83
Is this acceptable within the rules? One would assume it is but didn't know whether the invite gets taken at reception or something?

We are arriving at Changi T2 at 17.30 and then leaving at 9am the next day in Suites. I assume we could do that and check into a hotel? Would mean two meals .
No, not the way he has described it. And if you get caught you'll be in trouble.

Your way is fine, however, assuming you mean checking into Changi's transit hotel. Although, seriously, it's a lounge; your connection is long enough for you to go out and actually see the city and eat proper local fare. The desperation for lounge food on FlyerTalk is tragic.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver

There are (conservatively) a thousand places to eat that are better than the Private Room within an easy cab ride of Changi.

I have a similar connection at SIN coming up (1730-0930) and I'm certainly not staying in the airport. Planning to get some katong laksa in Joo Chiat before heading to the CBD for a cocktail and then hitting up a hawker center for a late-night snack.
Alawyer and FlyerTalkUserName like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as phaze says, you cannot do what shuigao mentions. Tough penalties apply.

However your plan is fine, but as others have said, leave the airport! You can be back at 6am the next day if you want, but after eating on the inbound flight, there's nothing to keep you in the airport for TPR.
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Phaze
No, not the way he has described it. And if you get caught you'll be in trouble.
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
as phaze says, you cannot do what shuigao mentions. Tough penalties apply.
Well, wavery quoted a 2-year old post (when enforcement wasn't so strict yet); at that time I was sure that some posters on these boards said that they did it without any problems.

But yes, nowadays with the step up in enforcement, staying overnight at the transit hotel is the way to go. It's what I also did for my first Suites experience

[edit] Re-reading wavery's post, it's actually perfectly OK for him to have an early dinner at TPR (as an arriving pax), and then leave the airport for the city, stroll around marina bay or have a drink at MBS rooftop or something, then go for supper before overnighting at a proper hotel. Next morning go back to Changi and have breakfast at TPR again
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

shuigao it wasn't a go at you personally... just a reminder to others coming across this thread that they may encounter difficulties if they try do it

The question of checking in, going to the PR, then exiting again comes up quite often.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Phaze

Your way is fine, however, assuming you mean checking into Changi's transit hotel. Although, seriously, it's a lounge; your connection is long enough for you to go out and actually see the city and eat proper local fare. The desperation for lounge food on FlyerTalk is tragic.
Dont disagree with that option. The aim was to get out the airport ideally but we're doing Singapore properly in bound.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
Well, wavery quoted a 2-year old post (when enforcement wasn't so strict yet); at that time I was sure that some posters on these boards said that they did it without any problems.

But yes, nowadays with the step up in enforcement, staying overnight at the transit hotel is the way to go. It's what I also did for my first Suites experience

[edit] Re-reading wavery's post, it's actually perfectly OK for him to have an early dinner at TPR (as an arriving pax), and then leave the airport for the city, stroll around marina bay or have a drink at MBS rooftop or something, then go for supper before overnighting at a proper hotel. Next morning go back to Changi and have breakfast at TPR again
That would be the plan

I'm confused now (reading other threads). It is or isn't ok? I assumed having checked in would just show our boarding pass at security when coming back through. Or is there a baggage issue?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:45 pm

As long as you enter Singapore once and exit Singapore once during your transit, you're fine.

It's the pure departure scenario where you can't exit the secure area once you're inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.