Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Correct - if you arr into SIN holding MAROON F BP or GOLD R BP you can enjoy up to 24hrs access to TPR - unequivocal - no and, ifs or maybes.
FYI - It was more than 24 hours but less then 48 hours.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:36 pm

Hi experts,
I will be flying United Polaris First from SIN to HKG, will i get access to SQ First class lounge? If allow, can I bring 1 guest whos in Y class? Thanks!
Old May 3, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi experts,
I will be flying United Polaris First from SIN to HKG, will i get access to SQ First class lounge? If allow, can I bring 1 guest whos in Y class? Thanks!
first class lounge yes (but not The Private Room). guest yes.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:27 pm

Deleted
Old May 5, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Potentially this will not be ok. Singapore police state you must be in the departure hall only with the intention of travelling. Going airside for dinner only to leave again a few hours later may raise alarm bells: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...changi-airport and http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...t-buy-iphone-7
Hmm, this wasn't fun news, I'm flying in on SQ FRA-SIN C the day before I fly out on SQ F and I was thinking of having dinner in the lounge prior to head in to town, or would that still be "koscher" since I will at least land and be Airside already?
Old May 5, 2017, 10:31 am

As long as you enter and exit Singapore once, it's fine - doesn't matter at what point you enter and exit. If you're already airside after arriving from a flight, then you can stay as long as you want before going to passport control.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
As long as you enter and exit Singapore once, it's fine - doesn't matter at what point you enter and exit. If you're already airside after arriving from a flight, then you can stay as long as you want before going to passport control.
thanks!
Old May 6, 2017, 9:55 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
Is there any issue with leaving your luggage on the carousel while you shower/breakfast at TPR on arrival?
Old May 6, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by augmon
Is there any issue with leaving your luggage on the carousel while you shower/breakfast at TPR on arrival?
That's fine. Your bags will be taken off the carousel and taken to the left-luggage office (located immediately adjacent to the carousels).

This is normal practice and the airport actually supports this (for example people arriving and then going to the airside hotel for the night before entering Singapore).
Old May 7, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by jumbooze
Hmm, this wasn't fun news, I'm flying in on SQ FRA-SIN C the day before I fly out on SQ F and I was thinking of having dinner in the lounge prior to head in to town, or would that still be "koscher" since I will at least land and be Airside already?
That's fine because you are an actual arriving passenger.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: SK*G
A quick question:

Arriving at SIN from MNL in SQ Business. Connecting to BKK in SQ Business, and then continuing from BKK to Europe in TG First Class. All same day, same ticket.

Will I have access to the SQ First Class lounge at SIN? Obviously not TPR, but I'm wondering about the regular First Class lounge.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexanderc
A quick question:

Arriving at SIN from MNL in SQ Business. Connecting to BKK in SQ Business, and then continuing from BKK to Europe in TG First Class. All same day, same ticket.

Will I have access to the SQ First Class lounge at SIN? Obviously not TPR, but I'm wondering about the regular First Class lounge.
Unfortunately not. Star alliance lounge access is based on the departing flight. So leaving SIN in biz class will only get you biz class lounge access regardless of any other F travel later that day.

(Different rules apply if flying the same airline, in which case arriving/connecting/departing later the same day in F may get you F class lounge access.)
Old May 17, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Cathay Silver, Thai Lover
Hey all,

Semi related to this, I am flying Suits SIN-LHR later this year, I will arriving in SIN from BKK on a separate ticket. As my flight leave at 9:10am as I was planning to fly in the night before.

My question is how early could I bag drop my hold luggage? If I arrive say 11pm the night before could I bag drop then, and spend the night in TPR (and the business lounge as I know TPR closes overnight)

Thanks all
Old May 17, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keepCalmFlyOn
Hey all,

Semi related to this, I am flying Suits SIN-LHR later this year, I will arriving in SIN from BKK on a separate ticket. As my flight leave at 9:10am as I was planning to fly in the night before.

My question is how early could I bag drop my hold luggage? If I arrive say 11pm the night before could I bag drop then, and spend the night in TPR (and the business lounge as I know TPR closes overnight)

Thanks all
SQ allows check-in up to 48 hours before departure. You may be able to save entering Singapore by going to a transfer desk on arrival (still airside) where they can issue a boarding pass and may be able to collect your bags and re-tag them for you.

While you could spend overnight in the lounges, you might want to consider the airside transit hotels. They are cheap and you'll get a good sleep. Rooms are sold for an initial block of 6 hours.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Cathay Silver, Thai Lover
Thank you so much for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.