Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: Velocity (Silver)
Is this the best lounge available for Singapore Airlines? Do they have higher level lounge for suites class?

Also do they have beef food option?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by silverflyernoob
Is this the best lounge available for Singapore Airlines? Do they have higher level lounge for suites class?

This is indeed the highest class of lounge SQ offers. And it is exclusively for Suites and First class (no guests travelling outside those cabins, or first class from other airlines).

They have a beef option for food.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: Velocity (Silver)
Is this only available in T3 or in other Terminals too?

Also do they have similar lounges exclusively for First/Suites in other airports (such as HKG)?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this only available in T3 or in other Terminals too?

Also do they have similar lounges exclusively for First/Suites in other airports (such as HKG)?
Just one 'Private Room' in the world - T3.

Other terminals and airports may have separate first and biz class lounges, but these are available to all star alliance passenger in first or biz.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
The only ‘beef food option’ for Lunch and Dinner is ‘US Prime Beef Burger’ - yes that is correct - a bloody hamburger - just a disgrace that this is the major red meat option on menu - and has been same for way too long - TPR Menu way overdue for refresh,

Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
The only ‘beef food option’ for Lunch and Dinner is ‘US Prime Beef Burger’ ...

There is also beef satay and Beef Hor Fun. I found both mediocre, but there are beef options other than the burger.

chisquared likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by worldclubber

There is also beef satay and Beef Hor Fun. I found both mediocre, but there are beef options other than the burger.

OK let me rephrase to be clearer - there is only 1 WESTERN beef option - a bloody hamburger
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:50 pm

OK let me rephrase to be clearer - there is only 1 WESTERN beef option - a bloody hamburger
To me, the mediocre quality of the food is much more of an issue than a lack of choices. The “chef station” options are the same as in the F lounge next door.

Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:01 am

Just so that you do not get too depressed: the only beef options at the F section of the *A lounge at LAX, in a country well-known for its beef, are burger and a salad with a few small slices of steak:

chisquared likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:04 am

I will be flying BKK-SIN on a budget airline the evening before my SIN-PVG flight on F leaving 9am the next day. Will I be able to use the Private Room upon landing in SIN for dinner, leave the airport to go to a hotel before checking back in, in the morning for the flight? Or do I have to stay in one of the airside hotels?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Qantas FF & Qatar Privilege Club
To me, the mediocre quality of the food is much more of an issue than a lack of choices. The “chef station” options are the same as in the F lounge next door.
Hi worldclubber, is that photo from The Private Room recent (e.g. from April 2019)?

We're visiting for the first time soon and interested what the current menu is
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbongc
I will be flying BKK-SIN on a budget airline the evening before my SIN-PVG flight on F leaving 9am the next day. Will I be able to use the Private Room upon landing in SIN for dinner, leave the airport to go to a hotel before checking back in, in the morning for the flight? Or do I have to stay in one of the airside hotels?
You can achieve what you want, but a couple of things you need to bear in mind... (a) you will need your boaridng pass SIN-PVG to access the lounge and (b) you cannot enter through immigration control for a purpose other than taking a flight

On arrival in SIN from BKK you will need to arrange to have your boarding pass for PVG issued. You'd do this at a transfer desk. If you have luggage, do not exit to collect that luggage.

Once you have the boarding pass you can use the lounge, have dinner, then exit to collect your bags (if you have them) and go to your hotel.

The next morning you will not need to check in, just go straight to the lounge. If you have luggage you would need to take this to the checkin counter to drop it off and get tagged.

(What you *cannot* do is arrive from BKK, collect your bags, check-in for you PVG flight, go through to the lounge, have dinner, then exit again to go to your hotel, and then come back again the next morning.)
chisquared and gbongc like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bl5965
Hi worldclubber, is that photo from The Private Room recent (e.g. from April 2019)?

What time is your flight? The menu differs depending on time of day. Below is the menu for breakfast (< 10.30am) from last week.

Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by bl5965

The photo was taken late in February this year.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: Qantas FF & Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by pokfur
What time is your flight? The menu differs depending on time of day. Below is the menu for breakfast (< 10.30am) from last week.
The photo was taken late in February this year.
Enjoy!
Thanks, we'll be there from 9:30pm so dinner menu
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.