Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: MPC DM, HH DM
The silverkris lounge is under renovation right now does that mean that The Private Room is also not available right now?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodmorningeveryone
The silverkris lounge is under renovation right now does that mean that The Private Room is also not available right now?
It is the Kris Flyer Gold lounge in Terminal 3 that closed from 31 July (with an alternative offered).

The Silverkris lounges are still open and the TPR is unaffected at this stage.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: MPC DM, HH DM
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
It is the Kris Flyer Gold lounge in Terminal 3 that closed from 31 July (with an alternative offered).

The Silverkris lounges are still open and the TPR is unaffected at this stage.
Alright! Thanks so much! just redeemed a suites flight and was worried I can't check out TPR
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:11 pm

Hi All,

I will be landing in Singapore at 5am and have the option of either getting a connecting flight at 7:10am or 9:30am to Sydney. Just wondering if its worthwhile to take the 9:30 flight so I get more time at the The Private Room lounge. Or am I better off leaving ASAP to get home to Sydney.

Last edited by l0ok; Aug 29, 2019 at 11:16 pm
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by l0ok
Hi All,

I will be landing in Singapore at 5am and have the option of either getting a connecting flight at 7:10am or 9:30am to Sydney. Just wondering if its worthwhile to take the 9:30 flight so I get more time at the The Private Room lounge. Or am I better off leaving ASAP to get home to Sydney.
I would take the 7:10 flight. It still gives you an hour for breakfast in TPR after which you would be wondering why you wanted to stay any longer.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Hi All,

Hi and welcome to FT!

Tough call. I agree with w4rd, five hours is probably too long. But two hours (essentially about 75 minutes allowing time for boarding your next flight) is perhaps too short if you want to relax, check emails, have a shower, do a bit of duty free shopping and eat breakfast.

If you eat on the flight to SYD, an hour is enough for a shower and a coffee.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Hi All,

TPR isn't that exciting to spend extra time in it. Gey home earlier i say.
whughes3 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
TPR isn't that exciting to spend extra time in it. Gey home earlier i say.
Totally agree. The PR reminds me of a dreary hotel lobby with no guests.
w4rd likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Totally agree. The PR reminds me of a dreary hotel lobby with no guests.
On this topic, we're taking the midnight SINFRAJFK, parents in Suites, kids upstairs in J. Our plan was to arrive around 2130, SPECIFICALLY to maximize time and dine in the PR (though we'll have to leave kids in the First lounge).

Too much time? Just right?

Jamie
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
On this topic, we're taking the midnight SINFRAJFK, parents in Suites, kids upstairs in J. Our plan was to arrive around 2130, SPECIFICALLY to maximize time and dine in the PR (though we'll have to leave kids in the First lounge).

Too much time? Just right?

Jamie
I think in the evening it's 'just right'. A leisurly couple hours to drink some good champagne and relax before the flight.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Was there yesterday before boarding SQ 2. As stated by numerous other posters it's not worth making extra time to visit in it's current state. I much preferred the United Polaris lounge on the way out of SFO to the private room on the way home.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Arriving 2300 in SQ F from CGK, connecting 14 hours later to SQ (or TG) J to BKK (@ 1300). Will I be allowed in TPR during the morning of my outbound J class flight based off my SQ F arrival from the night before? Singaporeans are super duper strict, so I want to make be absolutely certain -- the FAQ is a little unclear about this specific situation.
have asked and confirmed with lounge dragons before, so long as you arrive in first/suites on SQ and you have another connecting flight ticket within 24 hours on SQ you can use the TPR before the next outbound regardless of class by showing the inbound gold/red ticket
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:59 pm

Thanks, will book the 7:10am flight.
w4rd likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:12 pm

Mixed F/J

Have 2 adults in F from JFK, 3 kids in business. Think we can get the whole family into TPR or the First lounge or are they strict about counting. Two kids are under five if that matter.

Also, if we leave the airport, can we re-enter through the First check-in area to go through the expedited security line?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Roka

Also, if we leave the airport, can we re-enter through the First check-in area to go through the expedited security line?
Security is done at each gate (or set of gates) in Singapore, so there's no expedited security line before then. You can enter through the First Class check-in area, it might save you a few seconds with immigration, but I usually use the main immigration gates and it takes just a few seconds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.