FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

spk307 Jun 19, 2016 6:39 pm

DBS altitude amex offers 4m per $1 on overseas spend for first 3 months. But you have to sign up before 30th June. And yes, you can combine points with other DBS cards.

Trazora Jun 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by petertan72 (Post 26801612)
Hi all, im new here and would like some enlightenment on online shopping. I shop pretty much every month on overseas online retail site (at least 8k a mth ) and would like to your advice on the best way to clock miles.

Currently i have done my homework and it seems that citibank rewards and DBS women world will be the best. Both have $1/4miles but limited to 120k citipoints per annual for the citibank card and $2000 per month for DBS womens world.

Other than that, the best miles card will be DBS altitude and Citi premier miles for 2miles per 1$. I did not include UOB prvi card because their T&C states that online shopping on overseas site is categorized under local spending.

Hope to hear from the experts here. Thanks!

1) For uob prvi, online purchases in foreign currency and processed via overseas payment portal is considered overseas spend for 2.4miles per$. The tnc means spending in SGD or processed in Singapore are considered local spend. Note the higher foreign currency exchange rate of 3.25%.

2) citi rewards visa and masters have separate limit of $12k spend.

3) can consider uob preferred visa for 4 miles/$ for online shopping. But exclusions applies.

4) can consider hsbc advance visa for 4miles/$ online but need advance relationship.

fatal1ty Jun 19, 2016 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Trazora (Post 26802129)
4) can consider hsbc advance visa for 4miles/$ online but need advance relationship.

This statement makes my day!:D:D:D

petertan72 Jun 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks for your inputs people!

The SC seems really good.

What does it mean if i cant pool citipoints from two card together. Having to pay fees twice to convert them to miles then to the KF acct?

The uob and hsbc 4m/$1 also have their limitations. UOB only 24000points per year which is 2.4k while HSBC only 2000 points per mth which is 200$.

Despite this limitation, is it still worthwhile to get the small amount of 4m/$1 from these two cards or the fees to convert will make it not anymore.

VOSGP Jun 19, 2016 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by petertan72 (Post 26802811)

What does it mean if i cant pool citipoints from two card together. Having to pay fees twice to convert them to miles then to the KF acct?

The uob and hsbc 4m/$1 also have their limitations. UOB only 24000points per year which is 2.4k while HSBC only 2000 points per mth which is 200$.

Despite this limitation, is it still worthwhile to get the small amount of 4m/$1 from these two cards or the fees to convert will make it not anymore.

Hi, May I know where did you get the information on HSBC (Advance?) with a limit of 2000 points/mth? From their example, I don't see that limit..... thanks.

petertan72 Jun 20, 2016 12:22 am

Originally Posted by VOSGP (Post 26802838)
Hi, May I know where did you get the information on HSBC (Advance?) with a limit of 2000 points/mth? From their example, I don't see that limit..... thanks.

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Cont...tinum/tnc.html

Trazora Jun 20, 2016 12:46 am

Originally Posted by petertan72 (Post 26802811)

Uob preferred visa un$ 24000 cap means $12000 cap for online shopping.

No cap for points earned for online spending on HSBC advance. The 2000 points cap is for ezlink topup only.

Volasia Jun 21, 2016 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26795116)
so if I try to summarise the discussion on EZ-reload. As of now the PRVI Amex is the only card giving any points and or cash back?

How about the following:
DBS Altitude?
Amex true cash back?
Any other card?

Anyone?

tboons Jun 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Anyone receive any updates on Women Mastercard?

VOSGP Jun 22, 2016 2:37 am

Originally Posted by petertan72 (Post 26802957)

Thanks ....
4.Online Transactions means retail transactions made via the internet and processed by the respective merchants/acquirers as an online transaction type through the Visa Worldwide networks. For the avoidance of doubt, transactions made on brokerage/securities and/or money payment/transfer websites are not classified as retail transactions and are expressly excluded. For Online Transactions which involve EZ-Link or Transitlink, 10x Rewards points are capped at 2,000 HSBC Rewards points per Account per calendar month (i.e. S$200 spend).

so it's only applicable for EZ-Link or Transitlink...........

Else their illustration will be incorrect.
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5hmduxfq.png

Ghost07 Jun 23, 2016 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26809399)
Anyone?

I will update you again on DBS altitude once my bill come

demue Jun 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 26819056)
I will update you again on DBS altitude once my bill come

Thanks. I did go over the current DBS Altitude Signature Visa T&Cs posted on the DBS website and can't see any exclusion of EZ-Link auto-reloads, but that is the theory only.

Ghost07 Jun 24, 2016 5:12 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26823061)
Thanks. I did go over the current DBS Altitude Signature Visa T&Cs posted on the DBS website and can't see any exclusion of EZ-Link auto-reloads, but that is the theory only.

Based on my previous calculation, altitude do award points for EZ link as well as interest free instalment. But let me double confirm again when my statement arrives

ExSin Jun 24, 2016 6:30 am

LTA / road tax post WWMC changes

I have been using WWMC for road tax and LTA payments.
Post WWMC tnc update , what is the best card now to pay road tax?

vsepr Jun 24, 2016 6:46 pm

The bonus points for Citibank Expedia promotion for all qualifying charges made at a Participating Expedia Website from Feb 1 to Apr 30 2016 is in today, 25 June 2016!!